Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 10:12 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
No, you are wrong.

You can continue tilting at your windmills, though. Won't make a bit of difference.
When I was growing up my mom told me I could be president of the United States because I was a natural born citizen.

I could be president if I wanted to, I just don't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
I'm just amazed all you liberals who always cry about being insulted get away with what you post in this thread. Don't worry I won't go cry to a mod but your hypocrisy is stunning. I don't mind the back and forth myself but somehow you do and then turn around and post the insults I've seen in this thread??? Sad.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
I am amazed these types of threads don't get locked.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Actually these birther topics are hilarious .It really brings out/exposes the true lunacy of the Obama hating crowd.

Last edited by jambo101; 12-17-2013 at 01:56 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Actually these birther topics are hilarious .It really brings out/exposes the true lunacy of the Obama hating crowd.
Not only that, I think they`re making a case for voter sanity laws. Letting crazy people vote is never a good idea.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm a citizen, don't have to.
Love your response...good "thinking." VBG

Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Hillary Clinton was born in Tijuana by a Mexican mother and a Canadian father.

It's true !

Old 12-17-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
once again, if you are talking about presidential ELIGIBILITY then that absolutely would need a constitutional amendment to change.
Again, I never said a dam*d word about "eligibility" as referenced in the Constitution in my comments about BO's early upbringing. I referenced that the influence of surroundings and teachings during those first early years of all children are a very strong influence on their adult outlook. I did not go into detail to explain that many people who are subjected to a conflicting or different-culture start (from American) are strong enough to recognize how they must change and adapt to America if they come here to live and prosper; however, others wish to impose their originally-learned culture on America which will never work!

Get over it, wrecking ball. Think deeper and actually comprehend what you are reading! Or are you one of those "plants" from the White House which I have seen try to come in and "change the subject" when the truth gets too close? Hmmmm! I can spot spin a mile away!

Also, I would not agree with "locking" such threads. I do believe very strongly that discussion is very healthy and if there are posters who get nasty, we that have some intelligence must have the ability to just pass it off as "oh, poor person...showing ignorance in place of intelligence" and go on with a healthy discussion.

Last edited by lorrysda; 12-17-2013 at 08:32 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Again, I never said a dam*d word about "eligibility" as referenced in the Constitution in my comments about BO's early upbringing. I referenced that the influence of surroundings and teachings during those first early years of all children are a very strong influence on their adult outlook. I did not go into detail to explain that many people who are subjected to a bad or different-culture start (from American) are strong enough to recognize how they must change and adapt to America if they come here to live and prosper; however, others wish to impose their originally-learned culture on America which will never work!

Get over it, wrecking ball. Think deeper and actually comprehend what you are reading! Or are you one of those "plants" from the White House which I have seen try to come in and "change the subject" when the truth gets too close? Hmmmm! I can spot spin a mile away!
I've been thinking deeply over your posts.

And how utterly bogus they are.

First, you exaggerate how many years President Obama spent in Indonesia.

Second, you ignore that the "first early years" of his life were spent in Hawaii, and the strong bonds he had with his grandparents, the fact that the majority of his life was spent in the United States, that his mother was through and through an American who would have passed her culture and values on to her son. Even living in Indonesia, he would have been identified as an American.

Third, your premise would suggest that you think that any Presidential candidate should have zero influence from other countries. I wonder if any Mexican traditions or culture ever crept into the Romney house. Or did his time in France influence him? I wonder if Reagan's Irish heritage ever ran afoul of Americana?

Get over it, lorrysda. Your prejudices and biases aren't shared by the rest of this country. Our prolonged nomination and election process provides Americans with a greater in-depth vetting of Presidential candidates than any other country in the world. A child's exposure to other countries and other cultures doesn't negate American influence, and your bogus suggestion that it does so simply is not borne out by reality. Your paranoia (are you one of those "plants"????) is ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Give it a rest
Barack Obama was born in August 4, 1961.
Kenya was a country December 12, 1964.

You know how silly it sounds the attempt to make Obama a Kenyan before Kenya existed lol.
Hmmm...I think you all need to do some research into the very strange "no record of his birth" and then suddenly the "appearance of a birth certificate" after the "no record" was discovered. I'm sure there is an explanation...right? VBG

Also, whether Kenya was a country or not in 1961, BO was reported as having been born in that "land" no matter what it was named at the time...report was by his grandmother on the national news waves but was "shut up" quickly just before she died.

My position on this discussion is that regardless of where he was born, he was not raised in an American atmosphere, early years in a foreign country, massive exposure to Muslim step-father and school. Is anyone arguing that this scenario would have no effect on his policies?

Also, to that person who said none of it matters "BUT" his policies, can you separate his policy positions from his personal thinking? I can't. His policies are terrible, against all laws of economics and our free-enterprise system and frankly many areas are against our Constitution. This tells me that I will never vote for any person who supports these positions and will certainly carefully study the background of any future candidate that is born of uncertain and unprovable circumstances. You can ignore everything you want, but please remember your responsibility to America when you cast a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies