Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 PM

62 posts, read 299,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Thank you. I have 4 children and don't consider that very off the wall. To make comments on ones family size is ludicrous. I applaud those having higher order multiples. I have twins, it's a blessing.
I agree, the United States population and world population is booming, especially for a person like me who loves wide open spaces and plenty of open fields for my children to run. But it's the way of the world I suppose. It's in Gods hands, not mine.

Before you tell American citizens how many children is suitable to have, control immigration. That is hurting us big time.
I'm so glad your happiness is the most important thing. I'm sure God would want you to use your brain also--that is why he gave you one. Blessings

If drinking water and food preparation are the primary use for water than what are the other uses that are having a bigger effect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,561,453 times
AFAK the highest volume users of water are irrigation and industrial consumption. Next comes drinking/waste disposal. Another important use of water, and the reason urban water pipes are so large, is firefighting. Water is also used to cool the condensers at steam electric (regardless of fuel) power plants. Some plants use large lakes of the ocean as the heat sink and do not 'consume" much of the water. Others using the big cooling towers do evaporate a huge amount of water in the cooling process.

Not to just single out the Southwest but there are water use conflicts in the Southeast and the Northeast as well. Then there is the rest of the world where water is way more important than just about any other “natural” commodity.

An interesting story told around California water policy and development during the 1930’s is “Chinatown”. I doubt if things have changed very much except for moving the setting to Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies