Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Who is this we?

From what I can tell of who and what you people consider to be conservative... thanks but no thanks.

Aren't you one of our self-professed black conservatives? I ask the question because anyone with an iota of knowledge about the black community KNOWS that there have been divergent views within the community and especially within the "Movement" since Fredrick Douglas stepped upon a podium. You would think that you would know the history of the debates between Booker T and DuBois; Garvey and everybody else, DuBois v Randolf, King v. Malcolm, Huey, Eldridge, et al. v Karenga; Chisholm v Fauntroy,

I see that you have never been to a black barbar shop.

There are millions of individual ideas and policy beliefs in the African American community, but when it comes to the Republican Party - outside of those like Powell and Rice who think they can still reform the party from within - only a fool would support a Party that is antithetical to not only their self-interest but to their own existence.
Blacks must change the GOP from within if they ever hope to stop the imaginary "hate" that some claim emanates from the party.

That is why I think blacks should join the GOP in droves. That is what they did when the democratic party was an extension of the Klu Klux Klan.

Now they control the party and racists like Robert Byrd have been driven out.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Actually, we already have many good, strong black conservative leaders. It's just that most of them want nothing to do with the current Republican Party.
Now that's the truest statement that I've read in quite a while. It's basically the answer that I give to conservative (Republican) co-workers when they ask me the same question.

Why would I join a party that disparages me and those who look like me?

Anne Coulter states, "Our blacks are better than their blacks".

Really?! Our blacks? Their blacks?

Why would any black person with any intelligence and even a little bit of pride want to be associated with Ann Coulter and her ilk when they reference black people like they're chattel?

However, the really sad part, the real dealbreaker, is that when I mention this incident to other self-described conservatives (Republicans), they not only see nothing wrong with her comment but they agree with her.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Culturally blacks have been indoctrinateD TO follow and that's the way the Democrats like to keep them. From antiquity, they followed the African tribal chief and the shaman. During slavery, they followed 'MASSA; and the overseer and did what they were told. The next 100 years after 1865 and the Civil War during segregation, they followed poverty-pimp preachers and civil rights activists who told them that by voting Democrat, God would bless black people through government handouts, a minimum wage and good government jobs. I'm not suggesting that the Republican party is the answer for them, but holy smokes. there arent many blacks who are independents or libertarians. They are being bought off with food stamps and welfare, at the expense of their potential and dignity. Then the liberals smile in their faces, but would never allow their children to go to school in an all black community. Sad,,,,
This midless, racist rant is exactly the kind of crap that illustrates why I refuse to join today's Republican Party. Categorically, you paint the overwhelming majority of blacks as welfare and food stamps collectors. To hear you tell it, one would think that if blacks would only stop collecting welfare and food stamps, then we could eliminate those programs forever.

Nothing could be further from the truth because the reality is the overwhelming majority of welfare and food stamp recipients are WHITE.

You only think the majority of welfare recipients are black because that's what you see on television. Why? Because it easy to leave the studio in New York, Detroit, L.A., Chicago, D.C. or any major city (which tend to have significantly large or majority black populations) and go down to the local welfare office and film whoever is standing in line. Subsequently, the same footage is shown both nationally and locally and people believe what they see without questioning it.

I find it really interesting, because the same people who complain that all of the blacks are sitting around collecting welfare and food stamps are also the same people who complain that blacks are taking all of the jobs through affirmative action. So which is it? Are we sitting around living off the dole or are we taking all the jobs?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was meant to be. The whole Uncle Tom concept I find offensive.
I agree. It is offensive.

Which is why they should quit acting like Uncle Toms.

As to the OP: what in the hell are you talking about?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
A black conservative will say - do not abort your children...conserve them and do your best to build a strong society...a black liberal will say - abort your child because having a baby will destroy your future....meanwhile they provide no future for blacks other than fancy talk and promises of equality that never comes.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
A black conservative will say - do not abort your children...conserve them and do your best to build a strong society...a black liberal will say - abort your child because having a baby will destroy your future....meanwhile they provide no future for blacks other than fancy talk and promises of equality that never comes.
Here we go again...

What future do black conservatives offer other than words?

And equality? I was your equal the day I was born.

"Equality that never comes." What kind of bullsh*t is that?

SMH...CD posters.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Witness the bravery of these educated, sharp and patriotic black Americans...

Hannity Black Conservatives special feat. Deneen Borelli - YouTube

Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The only reason Obama won is because America's welfare leeching government cheese-eating population didn't want their handouts and section 8 to expire. So please spare me the BS. When he taxes your ass to oblivion in 2013, you won't be shouting hope and change anymore. Keep drinking that kool-aid. It has worked wonders for the black community.
Can you prove any of this?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 AM

334 posts, read 454,593 times
Both liberals and conservatives are working with each other behind the scenes to stay in power and rip off their followers and supporters. They all just care about themselves.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM

334 posts, read 454,593 times
Both liberals and conservatives are two sides of the same coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies