Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It doesn't mean you hate gays, just means you're a bigot.
Pretty much.
Quote:
Those are simply my values and beliefs as a Christian and they will have to accept that.
Why should you be allowed to force your religious beliefs on the rest of society? Last I checked this country isn't a theocracy.
Quote:
But it seems like they now believe I am the enemy because I'm a conservative Republican that stands by my values.
You're the enemy because you want to deny equal rights and vote for people who will attempt to force their (and your) religious views on everyone else.

Discrimination isn't magically okay just because you claim it's based on religious beliefs.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Simple question. Does being anti-gay marriage mean you hate gays? Do homosexuals in turn feel hated by those who oppose gay marriage legalization?
well, if this is the case, our lesbian foster daughter must hate herself and her partner because she says marriage is between one man and one woman, well she says, she sees how many feel that way. I do think if think if the state they live in approved gay marriage, which BTW did not pass,this last time, they would change their mind and decide to get married. So, to put it bluntly, I do not feel being oppossed to gay marriage makes any of us, automatically anti gay. In some cases, of course it has a baring.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I find it pretty damn contemptuous for you to be an active part of denying me equal rights under the law. Put the shoe on the other foot - how would you take it?
Don't get all huffy.
I believe what he's saying is don't call it marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. I agree, but I want you to have a civil union with the person you love, and live happily ever after. Really. It just seems like gays want the extra added bonus of rubbing our noses in it.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Simple question. Does being anti-gay marriage mean you hate gays? Do homosexuals in turn feel hated by those who oppose gay marriage legalization?
Does disagreeing with Christian definition of marriage mean you hate Christians?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Actively wanting to have gay people treated unequally under the law - to be denied legal rights that you are entitled to - certainly seems pretty hateful to me. Although for people who don't understand laws and how the US works, it often is just ignorance.
This shows how norrow minded some people can be: no one is saying they souldn't be allowed legal rights, very few people disapprove of legal unions, we are talking something totally different here. I think you are the one that isn't understanding the laws and how they work...nor are you understanding the word "MARRIAGE" What legal rights are you not being allowed? I can only think of one and it should be changed: that is the right to SS survivorship.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This shows how norrow minded some people can be: no one is saying they souldn't be allowed legal rights, very few people disapprove of legal unions, we are talking something totally different here. I think you are the one that isn't understanding the laws and how they work...nor are you understanding the word "MARRIAGE"
The 19 states that banned any sort of union similar to marriage tell a different story.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
I find it pretty damn contemptuous for you to be an active part of denying me equal rights under the law. Put the shoe on the other foot - how would you take it?
I'd take it as keeping the family unit and human race alive. The natural order of society is one man and one woman that bears a child. If we begin to legalize and give rights to people of alternative lifestyles, then we open the door for everyone else like pedophiles and transexuals and people who sleep with animals to have rights to do those things. It's already happening. Male-born transsexuals are now demanding rights to go to women's bathrooms. Women are uncomfortable with men being in their bathrooms being able to see them and their privates. And it goes on and on. You open up a can of worms eventually completely altering and breaking down society and morale. Society is built around the family unit. Break it down and it eventually leads to destruction.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Pretty much.
Why should you be allowed to force your religious beliefs on the rest of society? Last I checked this country isn't a theocracy.
You're the enemy because you want to deny equal rights and vote for people who will attempt to force their (and your) religious views on everyone else.

Discrimination isn't magically okay just because you claim it's based on religious beliefs.
No .... you see people like us as "the enemy" because we stand in the way of another attempt by the losers to loot the public purse, in the name of "equality"; neither religious dogma, nor personal sexual orientation, have anything to do with it.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Yes, because you have decided that your beliefs justify denying other human beings the chance at happiness and equality under a secular legal system. And it's ALWAYS based on illogical, uneducated, and flat out baseless reasons. Appeals to inaccurate history, or pulling Biblical verses out of context in the wrong language are the only reason people oppose gays having freedom and equality.

Segregation, slavery, and treating women as property were all justified by the Bible too you know. How quickly you all forget.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I really don't give a crap if gays or Liberals think I hate them because I oppose gay marriage. I don't. Those are simply my values and beliefs as a Christian and they will have to accept that. I have never treated any gay or lesbian or transsexual with contempt. Not even in my youth. I have ALWAYS respected them as human beings when most of the other kids and adults didn't and treated them like freaks. But it seems like they now believe I am the enemy because I'm a conservative Republican that stands by my values. Well that is too bad.
You're the enemy because you don't follow Jesus, and yet you pull the self-righteous I'm going to be nasty to anyone I don't understand argument. Jesus himself condemned people like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies