U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM

114 posts, read 21,589 times
Default The Coming EBT Card Riots: What Will Happen When Government Entitlements Stop?

This is a scary scenario. What would happen if people who use food stamps (Or EBT cards) get cut off? Would they riot? The article brings up that possibility and gives examples of EBT Card systems that have shut down before like in Georgia and Florida leaving millions unable to use their cards. I encourage you to read this excellent article..............The coming EBT riots: What will happen when government entitlements stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM

Here is a example of what happened in Georgia. These people are totally dependent on the government and act like it's the end of the world..............
Georgia Runs Out of Food Stamps! - YouTube

Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM

47,586 posts, read 32,237,646 times
Interesting article -- yes EBT food stamp cards are corporate welfare --- but the liberals won't acknowledge that.

Yes, I would imagine the rioting would commence immediately and get very out of control quickly.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM

25,148 posts, read 14,169,371 times
LOL. Who's going to cut off EBT cards? Get real and get your heads out of the right-wing world of (mis)information.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Interesting article -- yes EBT food stamp cards are corporate welfare --- but the liberals won't acknowledge that.

Yes, I would imagine the rioting would commence immediately and get very out of control quickly.
I totally agree with your post. It would be a situation that would put normal working people in jeopardy. It might would cause martial law to be initiated in areas.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I totally agree with your post. It would be a situation that would put normal working people in jeopardy. It might would cause martial law to be initiated in areas.
Oh, do go on! So entertaining.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM

8,019 posts, read 6,383,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is a scary scenario. What would happen if people who use food stamps (Or EBT cards) get cut off? Would they riot? The article brings up that possibility and gives examples of EBT Card systems that have shut down before like in Georgia and Florida leaving millions unable to use their cards. I encourage you to read this excellent article..............The coming EBT riots: What will happen when government entitlements stop?
Obama was elected. EBT cards will continue to increase the next four years.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Obama was elected. EBT cards will continue to increase the next four years.
LOL. Oh, yeah, and if Romney had won, EBT cards surely would have been cancelled.

Newsflash to the uneducated: The president doesn't control the welfare program. Congress does - the REPUBLICAN-controlled Congress.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 PM

8,019 posts, read 6,383,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOL. Oh, yeah, and if Romney had won, EBT cards surely would have been cancelled.

Newsflash to the uneducated: The president doesn't control the welfare program. Congress does - the REPUBLICAN-controlled Congress.
You don't know that Obama got rid of Welfare to Work, so people don't even have to pretend to be looking for a job anymore to get aid? I think you are the one who is uneducated.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You don't know that Obama got rid of Welfare to Work, so people don't even have to pretend to be looking for a job anymore to get aid? I think you are the one who is uneducated.
Keep listening to that right-wing media if you want to become dumber and dumber.

FactCheck.org : Does Obama’s Plan ‘Gut Welfare Reform’?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies