Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 10:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,629,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Don't you find it odd that not one name says Hamas (yet Islamic Jihad was listed) next to it?
Don't worry. Lots of them have died too, but far more civilians. And the Palestinian death toll will only continue to rise with today's Israeli ground troops doing house-to-house searches, and the fact that some of the thousands of Palestinians that have been injured over the last few days will perish from their injuries.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:45 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Israel is occupying Palestinian land. Would you, as an American, stand to be occupied by another country, your borders controlled by the other country, your air space, your ability or right to go to a hospital, to leave your city?
This question omits a lot of context.

If my country was completely dysfunctional at the most core level, believed in the subjugation of women, homosexuals, and other cultures, the land was lost far before I was born and the ongoing conflict was my countrymens' fault, my situation was exacerbated and my rights were deprived by my countrymens' unwavering pursuit of vengeance and bloodshed. And there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell we'd win total control of our country and doing so would result in an oppressive and backwards society anyways, then yes: you bet I would. It sure beats incessant war.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:46 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Israel is occupying Palestinian land. Would you, as an American, stand to be occupied by another country, your borders controlled by the other country, your air space, your ability or right to go to a hospital, to leave your city?
Israel is not occupying Gaza. Gaza is free to close their crossing with Israel anytime they want and make friends with Egypt. But wait...Egypt built a higher and deeper fence than Israel did and doesn't want them either. All this is of their own doing after all Israelis moved out in 2005. Instead of building an economy they fired the first rockets within hours.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Don't worry. Lots of them have died too, but far more civilians. And the Palestinian death toll will only continue to rise with today's Israeli ground troops doing house-to-house searches, and the fact that some of the thousands of Palestinians that have been injured over the last few days will perish from their injuries.
You know, I'll take the UN stance they took on the Arab Spring and the Syria War;" It's an internal problem, its not our place to intervene". Over 150,000 are dead now in Syria, do you hear a peep from anyone? Is there even a thread covering it?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Let's just say that the children and old people above, and probably most of the women were civilians. Do the math yourself.
Naïve thinking.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
You know, I'll take the UN stance they took on the Arab Spring and the Syria War;" It's an internal problem, its not our place to intervene". Over 150,000 are dead now in Syria, do you hear a peep from anyone? Is there even a thread covering it?

You only have to go outside of the biased North American news media, and you will find lots of world attention on Syria:

This happened when?--Oh, today.
Islamic State fighters seize Syria gas field - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

And yesterday,
Let's just call this: World leader who kills his own people gets 'voted' in again!

Syrian president Bashar al-Assad sworn in for third term | World news | The Guardian

Oh yay, more radicals!

BBC News - While Iraq burns, Isis takes advantage in Syria

Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Naïve thinking.
What's naive is to think that innocent civilians, including women, children, and the elderly are not being killed by the Israeli actions. Blame who you want, but these people were alive --- now they are dead.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 PM

Hamas' attack on Israel destroys Gaza - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
What's naive is to think that innocent civilians, including women, children, and the elderly are not being killed by the Israeli actions. Blame who you want, but these people were alive --- now they are dead.
And I, for one, recognize this to be the case, and I think it's sick.

But as you said: blame who you want. I'll blame the people whose fault it actually is... The militants who started the fight, who rather than trying to build up their place into somewhere worth living in spent their resources battling one another and trying to fight a neighbor who is infinitely stronger than them and has already shown that they would prefer not to fight but also what they are capable of once the kid gloves come off.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
You only have to go outside of the biased North American news media, and you will find lots of world attention on Syria:

I'm in Dubai. I already have a perspective outside of the US and its media. I'm not an Arab, but I am fluent in Arabic. Local Arabs are like the UN. Not my country, not my problem. Go to Arabic sites, no country outside of Qatar has stated anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.