Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 01:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,990,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
AMEN!

BTW: Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same God, the God of the Bible. Boy, I wish we could get a grasp of that fact! It would really help!

Peace!
brian
True but sadly some of us want to claim sole ownership and refuse to recognize All of the Abrahamic Faiths are inter-related.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:01 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,343,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IF the tables were turned there would be a couple million dead jews.

We can argue right or wrong but on that account....I dare you to tell me any differently.

The Israeli's aren't the good guys nor are the pals the bad guys, I see shades of grey, but when you are talking intolerable religious extremists....both sides have them but there are a whole lot fewer on the Israeli side of the equation.
This video is VERY telling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuKTI7caiA

Many JEWS are against the occupation, not just Arabs. I don't think they're so worried about dying as you seem to suggest.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-13-2014, 02:06 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,642,047 times
Quote:
You're right. It won't stop the violence. That's why the only feasible solution is to peacefully dismantle Israel. And many Jews want this solution, too.

Peace.
brian
I am right. The only feasible solution is to reoccupy gaza and the West Bank and march every last Arab to Egypt or Jordan.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 PM

18,420 posts, read 15,138,706 times
Quote:

Actually, I think that someday soon the state of Israel will indeed be peacefully dismantled. Most likely by Jews themselves. Many Jews recognize that peace in the ME is not possible, and that the state was never intended to be. The Jews in NYC don't fly the star of david flag (in fact, I've even seen Jews BURNING the flag). Very strong statements they are making.
You are living in a fantasy land. The Jews that would like to see Israel dismantled are a tiny group of ultra orthodox Jews. Even the liberal "Jews in NYC" that are anti-aggression do not want to see Israel dismantled. They just want to see Israel negotiate away more land to reach a peaceful resolution. They haven't gotten the message that that doesn't work with the Palestinians.
There will be no "peaceful dismantling", nor will there be a forceful one. Israel has the power to level all of it's neighbors. This is something they would never do unless they were left no other choice. It's neighbors know this, making it unlikely it will ever happen.

Don't let a tiny minority of anti-Israel Jews, who have always been there, delude you into believing fantasies of a "peaceful dismantling" of Israel. I'm sorry friend, but Israel is here to stay. In your own words, it is about as likely as Americans giving their land to the Indians. Your entire peace plan is based on something that will never happen. So then what?

Old 07-13-2014, 02:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,990,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I am right. The only feasible solution is to reoccupy gaza and the West Bank and march every last Arab to Egypt or Jordan.
That include the Arab Christians and Arab Jews? What about the non-Arab Palestinians?

Old 07-13-2014, 02:47 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,343,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are living in a fantasy land. The Jews that would like to see Israel dismantled are a tiny group of ultra orthodox Jews. Even the liberal "Jews in NYC" that are anti-aggression do not want to see Israel dismantled. They just want to see Israel negotiate away more land to reach a peaceful resolution. They haven't gotten the message that that doesn't work with the Palestinians.
There will be no "peaceful dismantling", nor will there be a forceful one. Israel has the power to level all of it's neighbors. This is something they would never do unless they were left no other choice. It's neighbors know this, making it unlikely it will ever happen.

Don't let a tiny minority of anti-Israel Jews, who have always been there, delude you into believing fantasies of a "peaceful dismantling" of Israel. I'm sorry friend, but Israel is here to stay. In your own words, it is about as likely as Americans giving their land to the Indians. Your entire peace plan is based on something that will never happen. So then what?
It might seem like fantasy land to you, but I see that many Jews, not just orthodox, are seeing the problems that Israel is creating and want to see it change. Lots of normal people. If you want peace, you have to work for it. It will come.

I will say this: there are unfortunately lots of Christians (esp. in the US) who have no interest in peace (even though their "lord" is called the "Prince of Peace", but they're not following him). This, too, is a problem that must be faced.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-13-2014, 02:55 PM

18,420 posts, read 15,138,706 times
Quote:
It might seem like fantasy land to you, but I see that many Jews, not just orthodox, are seeing the problems that Israel is creating and want to see it change. Lots of normal people. If you want peace, you have to work for it. It will come.

I will say this: there are unfortunately lots of Christians (esp. in the US) who have no interest in peace (even though their "lord" is called the "Prince of Peace", but they're not following him). This, too, is a problem that must be faced.

Peace,
brian
You are only seeing what you want to see. What I see is a bunch of people, myself included, who would like nothing more than to have 2 countries living side by side in peace. Unfortunately, as history has proven over and over again that the Palestinians, like you, don't want this. They, like you, want to see the "dismantling" of Israel, which is not possible. So they better come up with something else.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 07-13-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 04:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 950,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
That's a pretty bold and generalized claim. To call one of the most historic regions on Earth with people who (for those who KNOW and associate with Middle Easterners, travel there, and have lived and experienced the culture) are known for their hospitality towards guests and travelers and their rich tradition of scholastic achievement, just because Faux News (Fox News) or BSMSM (MSNBC) have implanted negative images in your brain that's never physically left the Western World, is not only a blanket statement but, I'm guessing, not based on any personal experience of yours.
Guy, I know more about the mideast than you ever will, and the fact of the matter - had you actually read my OP - would know that the arab muslims are amongst the least tolerant people on earth. How do you think they managed to take over the entire middle east - no other groups is sovereign in the entire mideast except for the jews - over the last 1,400 years? Did you never hear of the Siege of Vienna? Do you actually believe that the arab muslim sects, tribes and clans were peaceful before the Western nations began to enter the picture after WWI?

And by the way, my family is from Turkey, so don't assume that those who see the arab muslims/muslims in general as I do because of some BS news station.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Hey, I'm not arguing with you at all-our country has been horrible to places like Iran and Iraq-overthrowing democratically elected Government...
Really? When did the US overthrow a regime in iran or iraq and install a dictator? When did that happen?

Old 07-13-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
^ thats the stupidest picture. the reason they aren't...GARBAGE DELETED
Now you're making yourself look like a complete moron.

You REALLY need to read some history of the pogroms in egypt, iraq and elsewhere before opening your mouth again on a subject you clearly know NOTHING about.

Here is a good start:

Point of No Return: Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries: An Egyptian Jew's story

The Tragedy of Iraq’s Jews | CiF Watch

The link in my OP should also be read, along with researching into all of those groups I mentioned that the arab muslims are ethnically cleansing out of the mideast TODAY.

Until you begin to educate yourself on these events, do NOT post again in this thread again as you have nothing of value to offer otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies