Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 06:41 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not really.

See, you are at war with Israel and essentially....your side is just worse at it than they are.

The stated goal of Hamas is the destruction of Israel is it not? And you come here crying because they are kicking your butts after you lobbed some rockets?

You are at war, what part of it do you not understand?
When a nation has army, navy, air force, a high tech defense system etc. and the other party has none of this it is not called a war it is called a massacre/genocide.

From the protest at the Israeli embassy on Friday.

The rest of photos from this event can be seen at link below
DC: EMERGENCY PROTEST Against the Bombing of Gaza! - PHOTObyTED

Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
When a nation has army, navy, air force, a high tech defense system etc. and the other party has none of this it is not called a war it is called a massacre/genocide.

From the protest at the Israeli embassy on Friday.

The rest of photos from this event can be seen at link below
DC: EMERGENCY PROTEST Against the Bombing of Gaza! - PHOTObyTED
This people need Hamas to stand up for the people Gaza! Hamas is the one using the population of Gaza to launch rockets at Israel's civilian population. No government would continue to allow that to happen without a response.

Meanwhile, Hamas launched an unmanned drone for the first time which was shot down by the Israelis.
Israel shoots down Hamas drone - The Washington Post

Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Israel is warning Gaza population to get out of the way, Hamas is telling Gaza population to stay in the way. Hmmm, who do you think is giving the Gaza population the best advice?
There is no place for the Palestinian people to go, they are in a open air prison camp.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
To the rational, here are a few more good reads on the subject:

The ethnic cleansing of Arabic Jews | JPost | Israel News

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2011/dgr...nsing-of-jews/

http://www.meforum.org/263/why-jews-...arab-countries

Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries | Jewish Virtual Library

Ethnic cleansing of Jews by Arabs in pre-state Israel

"In Arab countries more than 100 Jews were also massacred and synagogues were burned in Aleppo and Aden, driving thousands of Jews from their homes."

Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
There is no place for the Palestinian people to go, they are in a open air prison camp.
Not really - Egypt could allow them in via their border with Gaza if they wanted to.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 AM

I read somewhere that one of the Hamas rockets hit a power line not only cutting off electricity to an Israeli village but also to many customers in Gaza.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Actually, I'm quite serious about peace. And I think I'm about the only person on this forum who is. I'm not pro-Jew, and I'm not pro-Palestinian. What I'm saying is that the situation needs to be understood for what it is: occupation. It's really that simple. All the smoke screens are nothing more, nothing less. If you take people's land and homes, you'll get blowback. It's been going on for decades, and it seems it will continue. I don't justify the violence in any way from either side. I do, however, understand why the Palestinians are angry: they want their homes and land back. I think that's completely human. Imagine of the tables were turned, and the Palestinians were demolishing Jewish homes. -All hell would break loose! So why should it be any different for them?? It's not.

Peace.
brian
Gaza is not occupied as Israel vacated it several years ago. But the local government decided to invest weapons rather than the local infrastructure.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:58 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,523 times
Quote:

Things happen when Aran leadership rejects six decades of state hood.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The partition plan did not have a "severability" provision for Jews. It was not adopted by the Security Council. It was null and void, and was in any case superseded by many resolutions that actually were adopted by the Security Council and are therefore actually enforceable (in theory; not in practice as long as the U.S. Government is in the clutches of the Israeli defense lobby.)
It was never null and void as it was implemented. Both the USA and the former USSR voted in favor the partition plan and at that time the US Government was not in the clutches of the Israeli defense lobby (which didn't exist then!).

Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Oh boy, this will be fun. This is like a t-ball team of 5 year olds coming up against the NY Yankees - and I'm the latter...

Here we go...

LMAO-I am not interested in arguing semantics with a crazy fanatical that is not even American and lives in Turkey. You seem indoctrinated and are walking a faded, thin line in order to hold your opinions as true. You call me Anti-American but do not even live or work in this country. The fact is that the people of these Middle-Eastern and many other countries will not trust our leaders or military anytime in the near future due to our horrible human rights record. The fact that you deny this simple fact is astounding.

The Lessons of Classified Information: From Mossadegh to Snowden : The New Yorker

"The C.I.A.’s involvement in the coup, which served as a model for subsequent clandestine operations in Guatemala, Cuba, and other countries, has been well known for decades, and even today it is a source of animosity towards the United States on the part of many Iranians.

The August, 1953, coup that overthrew Mohammad Mossadegh, Iran’s populist prime minister, and reinstated the Shah, a convenient puppet for Washington and London who was to remain in power for another twenty-six years, before fleeing in January of 1979.

Perlmutter is correct in saying that Iranian political divisions made the fall of Mossadeq (this is yet another spelling) possible, but merely because something is possible does ensure that it will happen. Without Kermit Roosevelt’s leadership, guidance, and ability to put some backbone into the key players when they wanted to quit, no one would have moved against Mossadeq."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies