Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No one is stopping them from going to school to better themselves. The issue is that they will be getting in-state discounts of up to half of what a student from New Hampshire would get.

Try to follow along.

They would be a foreign student, here for an education. They cannot work here as their visa is for a student.(enforce that) They would also be on the same level as all other foreign students(who pay way more in tuition than a in state student) Not giving them a break. They are classified as a visitor, not a resident!!!!!

This is stupid and one of the reasons I can't stand Rick Perry.
Lamar Smith, needs to run for Governor of Texas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Wow, that pisses me off, too. I damn sure don't want them illegals gettin' a good education and a real job just so they can start paying taxes and contributing to our economy and our society.

Without a work permit they aren't supposed to be working here. So why the need for the "good" education?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Without a work permit they aren't supposed to be working here. So why the need for the "good" education?
Because amnesty is the only answer and the government knows that.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Really, do you have any understanding of the DREAM act?

Because sensible people want kids who've never known any other country and are not going anywhere and have not committed a crime to get themselves out of poverty here in the US, which, as all sensible people know, costs us as a country far more to handle in terms of crime, health and social support services than giving people a break on education. After the education, they can earn citizenship, get good jobs and pay taxes.

In other words, the basic pull-yourself-up American dream that the right claims to love.

It does make you wonder how people can suddenly then turn on these children of illegals and say really dumb stuff about "children" who have committed crimes by being too young to tell their wicked parents that they don't want to go to America, when in fact the entire DREAM act is aimed at improving our society and furthering the right's alleged agenda of helping poor people support themselves.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Let me ask a question.
When all-American parent has led a life of crime and ends up in jail, does his/her 100% American children get preferential treatment when it comes to college tuition?
After all, it's not the kids fault, is it?

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Let me ask a question.
When all-American parent has led a life of crime and ends up in jail, does his/her 100% American children get preferential treatment when it comes to college tuition?
After all, it's not the kids fault, is it?
Preferential treatment as in in-state tuition if they live in in-state (and can actually get admitted to the college)? If that's the preferential treatment you're talking about, then yes, they do.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Really, do you have any understanding of the DREAM act?
Enough to know I don't want it passed.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because amnesty is the only answer and the government knows that.
I would prefer our various governments quit enabling bad/illegal behavior.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Wow, that pisses me off, too. I damn sure don't want them illegals gettin' a good education and a real job just so they can start paying taxes and contributing to our economy and our society.

Yeah because the only way a foreigner could get an education is here in the US. The only colleges and universities that exist are American.

Massachusetts should be be sued on the grounds that they are discriminating against both Americans who are not MA residents and foreign students who have legal permission to be here.

And illegals should go home where they belong!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
One is not a bigot for wanting lawful citizens to get more of a break than unlawful. Reward for crimes? Are you joking?

Gee, let's give robbers and burglars some hefty discounts on goods and then maybe they won't steal.
Let's give incentives to criminals so they may change their minds.

Only until the next time.

There are too many perks to doing things the wrong way instead of the right way.

We don't have enough to support our own at this point so we give more to others?

I don't care what country someone is from or what color they are. Illegal is illegal and shouldn't be given any rewards or perks. A pathway? Maybe, but if they won't comply? Goodbye.
Do you know what a work visa is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies