Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM

37,641 posts, read 21,786,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They'll simply claim it's all classified and they can't release the information and it won't be released for a very long time.
Reporter: "Mr. President, were you aware of security concerns expressed by ambassador Stevens before the 9/11 attack that took his life?

0bama: "There is still an ongoing investigation into what I knew and when I knew it. So I would refer you to whatever intelligence agency is conducting that investigation."

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-20-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,854,098 times
I think most intelligence people vote Republican. Everybody I know or have ever known who is a federal LEO votes Republican. Nobody I know would risk the safety of the USA to protect a POTUS that they deem incompetent.

FYI, Dockside, I have voted Libertarian for as long as they have anybody on the ballot. I make it a practice to never vote for an incumbent.

Watergate happened in the White House, among people who had been working together for years. It would take far too many people with too various allegiances to pull off this cover up.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,488,667 times

Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,820,627 times
On January 21, 2013, President Obama will be sworn in to his second term as president of the United States, and there is nothing you RWNJs can do to change that. He will not be impeached, he will not resign, but he will be your president. You lost on November 6th, and you will lose in your quixotic quest to unseat him.

In short, you are losers (must be a familair feeling for you these days).

Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,268,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Everyone knew this two weeks ago yet the Republicans continued with their conspiracy theories. Facts just do not matter to the nut jobs.
Conservatives have learned nothing. You'd think there would be some type of self reflection about how so many conservatives could have gotten the election so wrong.

You'd think conservative voters many of whom were convinced by these conservative expert's make believe reasons why Mitt Rmoney was winning would be skeptical of the very same voices telling them there is a controversy in Bengahzi, when the rest of the nation doesn't see it.

This is the most convoluted nothing to see here story, yet conservatives just know and believe that some kind of cover-up occurred.

US ambassador to the UN Susan Rice said the exact words that the intelligence community told her to say. General Petraeus agreed with this.

Susan Rice said the spontaneous not premeditated attacks in Libya were in response to the violent protests in Cairo that were in response to video and that extremists with heavy firepower lated joined in and attacked the Consulate.

To paraphrase this what she said in interview after interview.

They are picking out 2 words spontaneous and extremists. This is where their charge of a cover up rests. It is a joke that everyone sees as kabuki theater.

There are questions to be asked about the tragedy in Bengahzi, but the conservatives aren't interested in reality. They need to impeach this President and are grasping for anything.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
On January 21, 2013, President Obama will be sworn in to his second term as president of the United States, and there is nothing you RWNJs can do to change that. He will not be impeached, he will not resign, but he will be your president. You lost on November 6th, and you will lose in your quixotic quest to unseat him.

In short, you are losers (must be a familair feeling for you these days).
All of that partisan cheer leading does nothing to make 0bama any less incompetent.

There are still over 15 more poor Americans living on Food Stamps that were added during his first term, so your fancy knee pads will do nothing to change that fact either.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,141,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All of that partisan cheer leading does nothing to make 0bama any less incompetent.

There are still over 15 more poor Americans living on Food Stamps that were added during his first term, so your fancy knee pads will do nothing to change that fact either.
That word, "incompetent" means you're racist and just calling him names because he's Black.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,338,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I think most intelligence people vote Republican. Everybody I know or have ever known who is a federal LEO votes Republican. Nobody I know would risk the safety of the USA to protect a POTUS that they deem incompetent.

FYI, Dockside, I have voted Libertarian for as long as they have anybody on the ballot. I make it a practice to never vote for an incumbent.

Watergate happened in the White House, among people who had been working together for years. It would take far too many people with too various allegiances to pull off this cover up.
And it wasn't the break-in that toppled Nixon. It was the cover up.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Conservatives have learned nothing. You'd think there would be some type of self reflection about how so many conservatives could have gotten the election so wrong.

You'd think conservative voters many of whom were convinced by these conservative expert's make believe reasons why Mitt Rmoney was winning would be skeptical of the very same voices telling them there is a controversy in Bengahzi, when the rest of the nation doesn't see it.

This is the most convoluted nothing to see here story, yet conservatives just know and believe that some kind of cover-up occurred.

US ambassador to the UN Susan Rice said the exact words that the intelligence community told her to say. General Petraeus agreed with this.

Susan Rice said the spontaneous not premeditated attacks in Libya were in response to the violent protests in Cairo that were in response to video and that extremists with heavy firepower lated joined in and attacked the Consulate.

They are picking out 2 words spontaneous and extremists. This is where their charge of a cover up rests. It is a joke that everyone sees as kabuki theater.

There are questions to be asked about the tragedy in Bengahzi, but the conservatives aren't interested in reality. They need to impeach this President and are grasping for anything.
I'll refer you to post 21. There is no good answer to that hypothetical reporter's question, which is why we are over two month past the 9/11 attack, and 0bama and his admin are still unwilling to answer any questions.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,338,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

There's wasn't anything spontaneous about the attack and it wasn't due to protest.

Quote:
QUESTION: Hi, yes. You described several incidents you had with groups of men, armed men. What in all of these events that you’ve described led officials to believe for the first several days that this was prompted by protests against the video?
SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: That is a question that you would have to ask others. That was not our conclusion. I’m not saying that we had a conclusion, but we outlined what happened. The Ambassador walked guests out around 8:30 or so, there was no one on the street at approximately 9:40, then there was the noise and then we saw on the cameras the – a large number of armed men assaulting the compound.
Background Briefing on Libya

Quote:
Sept. 25: Obama speaks at the United Nations. He praises Chris Stevens as “the best of America” and condemns the anti-Muslim video as “crude and disgusting.” He does not describe the Benghazi attack as a terrorist attack.
FactCheck.org : Benghazi Timeline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies