Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 PM

76 posts, read 143,376 times

Advertisements

In and around 1998 I found out when I filed my taxes that year and it was rejected due to a ssn I claimed that was already used by another claimant. It turns out that my son who was 13, had his ssn being used by a "Javier" somebody. The feds told me it was a forgery by an illegal and that this happens all the time. There was and is nothing in place between the Social Security Department and the US tax system to cross-check this. Giving them an avenue to NOT forge ssn's, I get it, but it seems we're abandoning the idea of cracking down on the "illegal" part of being here to begin with and I'm not convinced all want to be accounted for. In the mix of these illegals are very dangerous people.

That said, I've been in the Import/Export business for nearly 20 years and early on in my career I had US Customs officials telling me directly how they had found "prayer" blankets in the Arizona corridors used by illegals to come into the United States. These blankets are used by Muslims worldwide to kneel on for prayer. Also, during training by US Border personnel who were of Mexican descent in Pakistan, (a program they were helping train Pakistani Border security), they were told by locals in Pakistan that because of the similarity in looks, terrorists could easily blend in with Mexicans and we should expect this to happen. Now it is easy for me to see the potential for disaster with a lack of border security, so again No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It seems that the system here makes it relatively easy for illegal immigrants to get valid American drivers licenses. Perhaps the system needs to change as it seems illogical to me that illegal immigrants can get valid American drivers licenses to begin with.
It's a combination of a poor system requiring little documentation/ID and the ease to use falsified documents and identity theft.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
Who was it that mentioned, they are not called illegals anymore, but "undocumented aliens"! If so, they still should be deported if they can not show proof of entering the U.S. legally, let alone letting them to apply for a state driver's license!
Yikes!!!! You are still being politically incorrect. It's "undocumented Americans". If you can't come to terms with that then "undocumented immigrants" will do.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM

987 posts, read 1,386,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yikes!!!! You are still being politically incorrect. It's "undocumented Americans". If you can't come to terms with that then "undocumented immigrants" will do.
That sounds incorrect too! How can they be called Americans when they're still undocumented wannabe Americans? They are still unprocessed "illegal aliens"! Look at the next post below, gomexico calls them "illegal aliens too! The point was to take out the word "illegal" and replace it with the word "undocumented"! I don't really care a rat's behind either way, because "illegal aliens"are just what they are, illegal and they are aliens! I agree with gomexico, deport them and do the process legally like everyone else at their country of origin!

Last edited by Art2ro; 11-21-2012 at 04:03 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
I'm opposed to allowing illegal aliens official status such as conferred by a drivers license. Arrest them when they're stopped for a violation, and return them to their country of origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies