Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:07 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I would say that I disagree with your opinion that MSNBC viewers are equally susceptible to propaganda as their Fox counterparts. I would say that the older people have had many, many more years of "conditioning" regarding certain issues than younger liberals.
So MSNBC viewers aren't being "conditioned" right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
So MSNBC viewers aren't being "conditioned" right now?
Cultural conditioning comes from far more sources than current TV political talk shows. For example, how many of the older generations attended segregated schools from grade 1 to grade 12? How many of those people lived thru the McCarthy red scare/witch hunt and witnessed it firsthand?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM

488 posts, read 412,589 times
The best question is this: Why do Americans need to be so 'informed' and given so much official opinion?

1. A herd mentality?
2. Peace thru agreeance?
3. Idiocy?

All of the above, but #3 covers the gamut.

Americans from the 1950's on have had a difficult time making their minds up independently and have increasingly needed it to be made up for them. Blame goes to the military industrial complex then, while now in this age with its health industrial complex indications are not so good for an intellectual recovery. Too many people simply rely on bought indoctrinations to make pre-conceived decisions, not bothering to even bother with honest critique. Analysis has basicaslly become 'feeling' about an issue and dreaming fantasies about future outcomes TBD... whenever.

This is what happens when you get generations increasingly coddled by an over-think that is really just exaggerated over-feel dressed plainly as a sort of ultimate logic. No one cares about what is going on as long as it seems to work for them supporting their whims. People get lazy-minded, stubborn and passive-aggressive, defending more & more while nothing gets done as distractions are minutely dissected to prove illogical conclusions.

That is the whole maintenance-objective of the MSM: further immunization against concious thought based in a skewered reality masked as earnest truth for the culture addict. Mesmer would be proud.

Enjoy!

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 11-22-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
The best question is this: Why do Americans need to be so 'informed' and given so much official opinion?
There you go again claiming that opinions and facts are the same thing. News Flash: They're not. We're talking about people not knowing FACTS; we are not talking about opinions. Yes, it is important to know facts because without them you are unable to have informed policies and opinions which are based on reality.

Knowing what exists in reality is kind of important even if you don't like what you see or are afraid of it.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to you -- who thinks he's more informed but may not be at all.
This coming from a person who uses skewed numbers, no logic and lots of graphs to show how uninformed and short-sighted he (or she) is and yet thinks all of the above makes him (or her) smart. That is the thing with most lefties, they will spin and manipulate numbers all day long and think it makes the numbers true. Typical of MSNBC too. "Forward" when they want us to move backward into a government controlled dark age.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:25 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
This coming from a person who uses skewed numbers, no logic and lots of graphs to show how uninformed and short-sighted he (or she) is and yet thinks all of the above makes him (or her) smart. That is the thing with most lefties, they will spin and manipulate numbers all day long and think it makes the numbers true. Typical of MSNBC too. "Forward" when they want us to move backward into a government controlled dark age.
Skewed numbers, like the polls that showed Obama was going to win? How did those skewed numbers turn out?

Yeah, I do use lots of graphs. That's called data and evidence to make a coherent point. Facts and evidence are dandy tools to defend a particular position. Try it sometime.

Last edited by MTAtech; 11-24-2012 at 09:10 AM..

Old 11-24-2012, 01:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

I'm not surprised. It's one thing to recite right wing talking points on issues. It's quite another though to intentionally lie and mislead your viewers as to the state of the presidential race even on election night.

Fox is either inept, blindly partisan or a combination of both. Why would anyone, even a conservative, trust Fox after their pundits were predicting a Romney landslide this election?

News Corpse » MSNBC’s Primetime Trounces Fox News Since Election Day: Maddow And O’Donnell Soar:
Your so great news was already beyond old when you posted it. Maybe you would read this source to see that the move of MSNBC was very short lived in that it only went on for a few days and then Fox was back on top. I don't know why that was but it happened.

I wanted to mention that on the sidebar of your link there was a very humorous attempt to get at Glenn Beck in which no mention was made of his radio show being 3 hours long along with the fact that none of their quotes, (all two of them) were from 2012. Most were from 2010 and 2009 at a time when Fox was holding him back. I did enjoy reading that crap about him since I often listen to and watch him and failed to see many of their quotes. Is there a chance that NewsCorpse is a little too far left for most of us? I couldn't raise the site on Google but tried and tried.

Anyway you can look at my link and find just how short lived that lead by MSNBC really was. Funny to think about.

The Scoreboard: Tuesday, November 20 - TVNewser

Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I watched about 15 minutes of MadCow last night. The wench was rambling all over the place. And boring. No. Make that BORING!

For fair and balanced content, I'll stick with Fox. When I tire of the female screeching, I'll switch to Animal Planet. Most female pundits and hosts sound worse than animals in heat. Megyn Kelly and Greta are the worst of the bunch.

As a little aside, I wonder how Baracky 0bama pronounces the website that graphic is from. "NewsCorpse".

lol. What a dumb bunny that fool is.
You have done it again. Attacked my Kelly girl and made her voice out to be screechy which I just don't understand. The only daily show that I must have on every day is Megyn Kelly because I like something other than her face about her and I think it is her voice.

Oh well, I consider you unfortunate in that you can watch the MadCow and I have to go to my son's house to see her since Dish makes me pay extra to see MSNBC and I just won't do that.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
So the thread is a lie. The most important hour in "primetime" is 8 :00PM msnbc is losing their arse in that hour to Bill Oreilly so they skip that little detail and start bragging about insignificant time slots and the idiot pundits who occupy them.

The title of this thread should be

Bill Oreilly still dominates primetime news and slaughters the liberal losers at msnbc
But according to TV Newser O'Reilly did suffer that first 3 or 4 days. Now Fox is back up in their normal position all across the spectrum of prime time. I don't add much to O'Reilly's viewership since I can't really stand him, most of the time.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,103 times
Lots of meeowing and scratching around here.

I miss proper news. Just the facts. Not opinions.

In the 60's & 70's Walter Cronkite was known as the most trusted man in America. Did we know his politics? No we did not.

And that's the way it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies