Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
In other words Maddow's intelligence baffles you and you don't get it....
I often wonder if she really believes what she says. Probably so, she is not that intelligent in my definition. Intelligence to me is not towing the party line, it's all about being honest to yourself. And if you work for any of the MSM networks you must tow the party line or you will lose your job.

I just for the life of me can't figure out how people can actually watch TV news and not see how slanted it is. I guess when you are lazy and brainwashed it's easy. Because it is a lot of work finding out the truth these days. I spend many hours doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 03:07 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

MadCow is about as intelligent as a salted slug. She's a prime example of how education doesn't make a person smart. She's dumber than dumb. Seriously dumb. Over the top dumb.
So this little diatribe is supposed to represent rightwing intellect?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:20 PM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
What about the most important hour of primetime 8:00PM, I dont see Oreiily there, did I miss something?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:23 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times

Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
I watched about 15 minutes of MadCow last night. The wench was rambling all over the place. And boring. No. Make that BORING!

For fair and balanced content, I'll stick with Fox. When I tire of the female screeching, I'll switch to Animal Planet. Most female pundits and hosts sound worse than animals in heat. Megyn Kelly and Greta are the worst of the bunch.

As a little aside, I wonder how Baracky 0bama pronounces the website that graphic is from. "NewsCorpse".

lol. What a dumb bunny that fool is.
Not surprising that some people may find Maddow "boring" as she is clearly intellectually far above so many people, even those who think they are so superior, they would no doubt have trouble following and understanding what she says. I'd suggest that actions, like earning a Ph.D. from Oxford, do speak more strongly to one's intelligence, diligence, discipline, and factual knowledge base and is a more reliable credential than is just posting on an anonymous message board. Show us your Ph.D from anywhere, and that will certainly give you a bit more credibility.

Then on to misogynist rants about women on TV.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think it is FOX that doesn't understand the meaning of 'fair and balanced.' The rest of the thinking public seems to understand it quite well.

Including those Republicans who now wish to distance themselves from Fox.
Which Republicans would those be? You can't find any? That's what I thought.

Your lefties need to get a new mantra. Nobody is 'distancing' themselves from anything. It's so easy to see what kind of morons you do watch just by the silly, ineffective words you use. Repeating nonsense doesn't make it so.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM

none of what you claim to be a "fact" in this post is in fact a fact

beat your chest and scream "fact" "FACT"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The more someone puts themselves in the right wing bubble the less informed they become. That is a FACT. People who consume no news are better informed than people who watch Fox. That is also a FACT.

You can stay in the right wing bubble if you want but, no, most people won't consider you to be a "critical thinking person" if you do so because it just won't lead to you being informed on the facts. To compare, yes, the main stream media still uses tried and true journalism standards which are factually based rather than just spin and all the evidence shows that people who watch fact based journalism sources are indeed better informed. Ignore those facts at your peril.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you're too dense to know that Sabato was making his little guesses on Fox multiple times daily.

Doh!

MadCow is about as intelligent as a salted slug. She's a prime example of how education doesn't make a person smart. She's dumber than dumb. Seriously dumb. Over the top dumb.
Seems you're "protesting" far, far too much here about Maddow's intelligence. Do you have a special dislike for her BECAUSE of her high degree of formal education? Did you not get to go to college when you were young? Btw, your use of the word "madcow" is evidence of your immaturity, your envy, and your IQ so to speak. Also seems to have a component of "woman hating" in it.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Which Republicans would those be? You can't find any? That's what I thought.

Your lefties need to get a new mantra. Nobody is 'distancing' themselves from anything. It's so easy to see what kind of morons you do watch just by the silly, ineffective words you use. Repeating nonsense doesn't make it so.
Great, great, great! Keep on with this ^^^ kind of thinking and the Republican Party will continue to lose big time in future elections. I encourage you to not change one tiny bit.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM

8:00PM

PLEASE!!!

The hours surrounding the 8:00pm hour are teasers and 2nd rate. What are the facts about whoever the losers at msnbc throw up against the FOX heavyweight Oreiily

Stats please

or shut the funk up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies