Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,543,904 times

Advertisements

I'm glad this forum isn't representative of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
The funny thing is the Anti-Agenda 21ers have had very little effect in the Northeastern states....they get shut down everytime.... Maybe because most of us live in Dense communities already and see nothing wrong with it even in Conservative New Hampshire they don't care about smart growth or wetlands there very conservative about there land usage.... The Business community is very pro all the things the Anti-Agenda 21ers hate.... Mixed used areas are very popular to live in or the towns that have them.... In the Northeast theres really no land left so what should we do , we either fill in the Downtown areas with mixed use developments or building upwards in our larger cities....
They have also had no traction here in New Orleans (mostly because the city is generally New Urbanist, as in Old Urbanist)

But my hometown of Atlanta and the metro areas are under siege...and New Urbanism is what that area needs badly. It is almost impossible to get around in that area without a car...and they did tear down many beaux arts buildings for parking lots and strip malls.

Dunwoody GA got a grant to do bump outs on a road and to start zoning for new buildings in a mixed use environment along this road because the Mayor wanted his town to have a traditional downtown...and now the Agenda 21 people are involved claiming this is step one to communist control of Dunwoody.

Makes me very sad that people believe this...

Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Go ahead and tell me how much you know about Agenda 21. Do you even know where the name comes from or the plan to instigate it came from?
Why would I care?

Quote:
It is pretty obvious that you didn't watch one bit of the Rosa Koire video and don't know that she is a member of the California Democrats Against Agenda 21.
Relevance? Don't need to watch a video to know that democrats be just as crazy as you Roy and your cohorts.

Quote:
You don't know much, if anything, about ICLEI and how it has been used by local governments to further the plan, up to now. Go ahead and listen to the lady who tells so much about what has happened in the part of California she lives in.
Wow local governments deciding for themselves whether or not to voluntary join ICLEI. How scary.....

Quote:
While we are at it, how much about Koire's sexual orientation do you know? Not that it is important but she does admit to what she is in this speech.
If it's not important, then why bring it up Roy?

Quote:
Yes, most of you who lean at all know very little about Agenda 21 and you avoid any chance to find out about it and what it is. I have tried and tried and most of those who don't know anything about Agenda 21 refuse to try to learn anything about it.
How is that not surprising Roy? With the amount of threads you start Roy on baseless far right propaganda, you have lost a lot of credibility.

Quote:
Wild speculation, you say? When will you learn something about the thing so you can ask intelligent questions like your last one in the post? You learn something about it and then come back at me about wild speculation. Learn what ICLEI has done and then lets talk. Learn how many local governments in the US have joined in and been pushing the Agenda because of ICLEI. When you learn something more than just the name of the creature maybe you can argue about it without using terms like wild speculation.
I'm still not connecting the dots... SO how exactly are our property and personal freedoms are being taken away. Can you draw me a diagram to how exactly your fears of the UN takeover of America is going to happen....

Quote:
Take a look at this link and tell me what wild speculation is, in your mind. This is a list of the members of ICLEI. I know you don't know a whole lot about what ICLEI is but lets start your learning about it. Here is a list of the member governments in ICLEI and I will ask you that you take a peak at the two nations with far more members than any others. The list for the USA is scary as hell, but then people who don't know about the thing because of forced ignorance about it wouldn't be afraid of it.

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability : Global Members
Yes another organization who promotes sustainability voluntary to local cities and municipalities....

You do realize there are other global organizations (nothing to do with sustainability or the environment but purely economic issues) that operate in similar fashion? Where's the outrage over us sovereign Americans taking economic ideas from smelly foreigners?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you read my link I put out it said "non submerged lands". You were here screaming and howling about links and I provide you this one and others and just like I said you didn't even read it. Thanks for proving my point.
I get a little jealous since you kept ignoring my replies to your replies when you reply to others in a timely manner.... But I think it's you who didn't read your own link.

edit:
What is your point about the link you put out? You said the govt controlled ~9 million acres of land earlier without specifying if it was submerged or non-submerged .... I'm just going by what your link provided

Quote:
You think it's ok for the fed and state to control all the water too? What a shock.
I guess you want the people to control them, eh comrade?

And no I don't think it's ok for the fed and state to control all the water. Most states do it through public-private partnerships.

Last edited by dv1033; 11-24-2012 at 10:12 PM..

Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thats so laughable I don't even know where to begin.... The Conservatives in New England would laugh at that list , most of that stuff they support same with Conservatives elsewhere in the Northeast. Mixed Use developments have been around since the founding of this country , TOD/Smart Growth has been around since the 1830s... Theres nothing wrong with traffic calming , people shouldn't be speeding down residential or commercial streets , speeding should be left for the highways or rural roads... We can't have Public/Private partnerships? How do you think other countries are building and expanding during these economic times , same with out west....its not evil its pro-business.... New Urbanism isn't anything to fear...nor Historical preservation so how would you like it if I demolished the state house in Kansas to build my strip mall....I guess Historical buildings don't deserve protecting how loony... As Sandy has taught us we shouldn't have messed with our coastal wetlands , overbuilding has destoried Mother Nature's defense system.... They don't build Stack and Pack housing that was thrown out in the 60s because it didn't work... Its funny they don't target Airports , Roads , Highways and anything that enslaves you to Big Oil , Big Auto and corporate greed.... Its the things that don't enslave you that there afraid...its good thing we got rid of the few loons in power that believed this here in the Northeast...

I think Roy , KUchief and anyone who believes this should be Hospitalized , a Mental exam is needed.. They make the schizophrenic person I know look sane....
You have read exactly nothing from the Agenda 21 things we have provided. True? You have read exactly nothing from the ICLEI things we have provided you. True? If so it is about time you start telling me some of those things before saying that I am insane. You have told me many times how sustained growth is being used in New Jersey without anything that attempts to deal with anything from Agenda 21.

Jeez, it makes me wonder when you talk about speeding down city streets. Do you really think that new buildings being built in areas where people are supposed to walk, even downstairs to shops below them to get their food stuffs, and so on? Once Agenda 21 has gone into effect where do you propose to get your food. You do know that out here in the mid-section of the nation where Agenda 21 calls for returning things to the animals with people moved out completely will take away much of the food production ground. You do know that if you read in Agenda 21 you may find that the population of the US after they take over won't be anything close to 1/10th of what it is now.

You need to look at some of the maps that have come from Agenda 21 publications of the US after they take over. You also need to try very hard to realize that your local governments won't be anything but administrative agencies for the World government. Yes, I think you and your forced ignorance about Agenda 21 will lend to the end of the US, not just as we know it today but completely redone. I wish you could avail yourself of the provided information and stop all that left leaning attempt to attack the messenger as you did me in that post. You really need to learn something about what is going on and who is doing it.

I believe that somewhere in this thread you have been offered the outstanding words of Rosa Koire about what ICLEI is doing for Agenda 21. I will bet that you haven't even managed to look at the link that shows how many Agenda 21 local governments in this country have been established. I bet you know yours has been taken over by the group and are afraid to question them. If you will tell me the name of your city I will look in the ICLEI list of member governments and tell you by way of DM how far yours has gone. Since you can't avail yourself of the info I will be glad to look it up for you.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
To thine own self be true.
I have tried to talk this lady into learning something about what has happened where she lives and all she can do is call me insane. I guess she doesn't realize that that is a form of attacking the messenger to keep from having to learn anything about the message. I don't feel sorry for any like her but do feel very sorry for those who don't want to go down the road she wants to go down. However, I don't understand how to help some people who continue to live in self-enforced ignorance about important matters.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 PM

724 posts, read 592,900 times
Agenda 21 (Agenda for the 21st century) is non-binding UN resolution adopted by 178 countries at the 1992 Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) held in Rio de Janerio, Brazil. It's an action plan, or series of recommendations and goals aimed at promoting sustainable development, reducing poverty, world hunger, pollution, and climate change.

While it is non-binding, many governments (both national and local) and institutions use agenda 21 as a useful set of goals and guidelines. At the local level, it's sometime referred to as Local Agenda 21, or LA21.

In reality the actual effects of Agenda 21 in the US over the last 22 years seem to have been almost zero. Searching for mentions of it on the internet almost entirely results in mentions from conspiracy and conservative organizations.

The largest "impact" seems to be that a variety of local governments have joined the ICLEI (International Council for Local and Environmental Initiatives) - an organization that includes Agenda 21 in it's goals, but really aimed at development in 3rd world countries. Any US municipality that joins ICLEI is really just affirming their environnemental credentials, and so is largely going to be those of a less conservative leaning. For example, in California, the liberal-leaning Los Angeles County is a member, but the more conservative Orange County immediately to the south is not.

Concerns regarding Agenda 21 and the ICLEI range from extreme conspiracy theories:

http://aircrap.org/alexander-bachman...meters/332267/

Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
This link takes you to the country page. If you scroll down to United States, you can click on "members"
and check in your own state.

Sure, it sounds good, but it will lead to complete control over the individual -- you may not see the full effects in your lifetime, depending on your age, but 30-40 years down the road the effects will be felt by you if you're still around, and by your kids most certainly. Think about the kind of world they will have. Is that what you want for your children and grandchildren? Their personal freedoms will be restricted to a degree you cannot even imagine. Don't dismiss it. Think what far reaching effects this will bring and none of them "for our own good" as the programs are being sold to us today.
Thanks for explaining to those who won't check the link out how to use it. I want some of them to learn that Australia and the USA have far more units taken in than any other two countries except for India which is close to Australia. Over 2000 units in the US belong to ICLEI and the people who live in them don't have any idea what is going on or where they are headed.

I have often asked leaners where they think the food will come from, especially bread and other grain products. Once my part of the country has become a big animal habitat and all the people moved out and not allowed to come back will they be producing Soylent Green as food for the east coast people.

KUchief25 has been into it about Florida and how they are taking over so much territory there. I did a few minutes of research this afternoon and found some people in Florida who want to fight what is going on.

People will be living in high rises built above shops and stores under Agenda 21 and the US will be nothing at all like it is now. On each coast fast,light railroads will be the form of travel and people won't have to travel far to "work". People need to take some time and look at the maps that Agenda 21 has provided of the US under the new system so they can see just what is coming.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 PM

724 posts, read 592,900 times
Quote:
Thanks for explaining to those who won't check the link out how to use it. I want some of them to learn that Australia and the USA have far more units taken in than any other two countries except for India which is close to Australia. Over 2000 units in the US belong to ICLEI and the people who live in them don't have any idea what is going on or where they are headed.

I have often asked leaners where they think the food will come from, especially bread and other grain products. Once my part of the country has become a big animal habitat and all the people moved out and not allowed to come back will they be producing Soylent Green as food for the east coast people.

KUchief25 has been into it about Florida and how they are taking over so much territory there. I did a few minutes of research this afternoon and found some people in Florida who want to fight what is going on.

People will be living in high rises built above shops and stores under Agenda 21 and the US will be nothing at all like it is now. On each coast fast,light railroads will be the form of travel and people won't have to travel far to "work". People need to take some time and look at the maps that Agenda 21 has provided of the US under the new system so they can see just what is coming.

Seriously dude, what are you on?

Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
Here is a list of areas in the USA that are disassociating themselves with the whole ICELEI agenda 21 and their unconstitutional antics...

Agenda 21 - ICLEI Update: 138 ICLEI Members Quit ICLEI in 18 Months! We Got 'em On the Run! | Virginia Right!
138 out of over 2000 doesn't seem to me that we are making so much headway but at least it is a beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies