Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why did you lie and suggest that Ebony magazine authored this article when in fact it is an "opinion piece"??

Secondly you get on here and cry about "Black Racism" while convienently omitting the acts of visible and vocal "White Racism".
Teenagers took to twitter to hurl racial slurs without concern for the blowback; college students at Ole Miss and Hampden-Sydney (among others) took to the streets to voice their anger. In displays of violence usually reserved for sports celebrations, or disgust over an early bar closing, White males made their prejudices clear, hurling racial epithets and rocks with little fear of consequence. As editor Jamilah Lemieux said of those on twitter “the fact that there are so many people willing to publicly express these views… is troubling.”

Not surprisingly, while White tears were flowing, White nationalists seized upon President Obama’s re-election to further its movement. At Stormfront.org, the hub for global racism, readers were met with a new introduction to the website:

“The recent Obama victory and the resultant anti-Obama backlash has caused a lot of Whites to visit Stormfront (readership surged up to 600% more than normal). Welcome. I was a little caught off guard by this. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have spent more time putting a "welcome post" together ahead of time. Then again, there is no way to cover everything even with a post ten times as long as this one.”

Anyone care to take a look at the society "Mr. White" keeps telling us is good for everyone??
Anyone familiar with his posting history still not sure of his motives?
Anyone with a strong stomach?

The Insurgent - Cartoons
You need to understand that, in general, right-wingers are congenital liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Another example of irrational Black fixation on Whites.
You seem to have it quite backwards. The article is about irrational white fear and fixation on the re-election of a black president.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You seem to have completely misread my comment. What I was stating is that blacks would have overwhelmingly voted for the Democratic candidate.
I stand corrected. I did indeed mis-read and mis-interpret your comment. I extend my apologies to you.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
At the end of the article it says that White Privilege is a 'Myth'. Do any of you believe that? Obama and the Death of White Power - News & Views - EBONY
If white priviledge were a myth, then they have no reason to perpetuate their hatred toward whites, right? I mean, doesn't that kinda debunk and undermine their entire narrative on which militant blacks rally?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:19 PM

114 posts, read 100,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
If white priviledge were a myth, then they have no reason to perpetuate their hatred toward whites, right?
You are correct and generally speaking, the average-African American doesn't realize he is sawing through the branch that is holding him up.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times
Quote:
And how do you think they should get that power?
Black-Americans can increase business ownership using similar methods as caribbean blacks who use a pooled savings method for raising capital called Susu loans. Anyway, it's not about blacks taking anything away from anyone else to get economic power. Many Asians in Chinatown have gained economic power without having to take anything away from anyone else.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Kind of stupid when black youth unemployment is as high and hopeless as it is for them to believe Obama who is half white is doing anything for blacks but getting them more welfare and unemployment.

The gap between the rich and poor has grown significantly in the past 4 years. So if they want to cheer -- let them but I haven't actually seen a single promise that Obama has made to black Americans -- except to replace them in the workplace with illegals.
The last four years? Really? Try going back to reagen, I find it amazing that some people believe that all of the ills of this country started under Obama including racism

Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe that is because Black males between the ages of 18 and 25 commit violent crime at 20 times the rate Whites do.
Or maybe because they are targeting urban youth and do not go into predominate white suburban areas?

They told him not to enforce drug laws in white areas. Really.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Black-Americans can increase business ownership using similar methods as caribbean blacks who use a pooled savings method for raising capital called Susu loans. Anyway, it's not about blacks taking anything away from anyone else to get economic power. Many Asians in Chinatown have gained economic power without having to take anything away from anyone else.
Nope, because if blacks started doing things like that who else would the racist right have to villify?

Old 11-22-2012, 06:18 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Anti-white racism is alive and well with Ebony Magazine as well as the black community apparently. I believe the reelection of Obama will cause a massive resurgence in White Nationalism. In fact, I believe it started back in 2008 with his first term and we haven't seen it peak yet. At the end of the article it says that White Privilege is a 'Myth'. Do any of you believe that? Obama and the Death of White Power - News & Views - EBONY
Stormfront, the KKK, and the neonazis have been doing their parts, but, unfortunately for them, the youth of America are a helluva lot smarter than that and aren't buying anything the cowardly bigoted *******s have to sell.

In two more election cycles Lindsey Graham's "Angry White Guys" are going to start dying off in serious numbers, and by 2040 whites will be a minority in America.

White Nationalism (read: white supremacy) is a nasty fact of what we can only hope will be a dead and obscure past in short order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies