Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Believe it or not, sometimes when people cry "racism!" there really is racism.

Racists In Orange County Run Black Family Out Of Town: LAist

I'm sure our usual Stormfront wannabes will find ways to relativize or even justify this...
Damn them southern rednecks! Oops, this is California, not the south. Nothing to see here. No racist on the west coast.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
All of these were from the 1920's and you want us to believe the KKK is still strong in southern california......... Gosh, with this proof it must've been white people, you just might be on to something.
Same atmosphere and mentality...many of the descendents of these people belong to groups such as the Skinheads.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Same atmosphere and mentality...many of the descendents of these people belong to groups such as the Skinheads.
To repeat, I lived in Orange County for over 50 years, and Yorba Linda for 20, and never heard of any racial incidents. It's always nice when an outsider knows all about OC...
..but then I have read MANY of your previous race baiting posts.. so this doesn't surprise me.
I lived close to Travis Ranch school and my money says this stuff never happened. The vandalism might have, but no one called his kids any bad names or refused to play with black kids, it just didn't happen.
Have to wonder why a Torrence cop would live in YL, since its a very long daily drive to work, and him moving to Corona extend the drive time greatly. It' two hours one way in traffic time...
Whole story sounds fishy, he was probably evicted...

Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Okay, I get it's a bunch of racists, but what the heck?? It's not a very good idea to the throw rocks through a cop's window, or slash their tires, or shoot some sorta acid pellets at their house. Are these people freaking nuts, who in the heck messes around with a cop's house.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
To repeat, I lived in Orange County for over 50 years, and Yorba Linda for 20, and never heard of any racial incidents. It's always nice when an outsider knows all about OC...
..but then I have read MANY of your previous race baiting posts.. so this doesn't surprise me.
I lived close to Travis Ranch school and my money says this stuff never happened. The vandalism might have, but no one called his kids any bad names or refused to play with black kids, it just didn't happen.
Have to wonder why a Torrence cop would live in YL, since its a very long daily drive to work, and him moving to Corona extend the drive time greatly. It' two hours one way in traffic time...
Whole story sounds fishy, he was probably evicted...
I have worked in Orange County (Brea).
I have friends who live in Oramge County.
I have family members that have also lived in Orange County since the 1960s (and they REALLY have some horrible experiences with overt racism)

Also, a simple search of racism and Orange County will give you answer on the matter. Its no secret that there is a lot of blatant racism in the OC.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:43 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Notice at apartment complex targets young blacks - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
A notice posted at a southwest Houston apartment complex warning residents to report black youths on the property has outraged some Houston community leaders.

The leasing employee at Rock Springs Apartments, 9000 Town Park, said she had no knowledge of the notice, which reads: "We ask you to please contact the office immediately every time you see teenagers or adolescents of African-American race or any other suspicious people in the property."
Oh and the apt community in question is mostly Hispanic.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
houndreds of thousands of White people have been forced to leave southern CA due to racism in the last 20 years............get over it

Old 11-23-2012, 01:15 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
People in Orange County aren't far removed from that of the Southern United States.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A Black man with a gun, period, has scared people. Back in the days of slavery, there were laws that either limited or banned Blacks from owning guns.
Laws Designed To Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, And African-Americans
With the amount of gun crimes committed by Blacks, they probably should limited or banned from owning guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yes, because White crime is so insanely common compared to Black crime, a group which virtually commits any crime.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:25 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatvegan80 View Post
With the amount of gun crimes committed by Blacks, they probably should limited or banned from owning guns.

Yes, because White crime is so insanely common compared to Black crime, a group which virtually commits any crime.
Actually, no. If you had read the link properly, gun laws against Blacks have existed since the days of slavery, and were rooted in slavery, to keep Blacks enslaved. If you had a gun, you could tell master to take a hike. No one wanted Blacks to defend themselves.

Blacks might commit alot of gun crimes, but Blacks are also the majority of the victims of gun crimes. In short, if you are going to play down that route, then you could also argue that Blacks would need to be able to defend themselves.

In short, you don't think Blacks should have a right to defend themselves, a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Just come out and admit it. Banning guns will not stop people from killing other people. Chicago had a ban on hand guns and killings and Chicago still gets alot of murders. I firmly believe that if you outlaw guns, only lawbreakers will have them. A gun in the hands of any law-abiding citizen(yes Black law-abiding citizens as well) is much safer than a gun in the hands of a criminal of any race. If you ban Blacks from having guns, how will Black people defend themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies