Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,619,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Another yawner...
obama killed four good Americans as he watch with glee, and to you it's a yawner.. you must be a demo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 PM

5,735 posts, read 5,407,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The South Carolina Congressman, Trey Gowdy, a member of the House Committee that tried to investigate the Benghazi affair and was constantly stonewalled by administration people wants to question Susan Rice, under oath to get some truth about that day and what happened after it. He thinks that we must do that to get at the real truth about the whole thing and I have to agree with him. Check this plea by him to the committee to see just what he said and tell me if you agree or disagree with Gowdy.

Rep. Trey Gowdy blasts Jay Carney and Ambassador Susan Rice: I want to know why we were lied to! - YouTube
I want to know why it matters whether the guys carrying RPGs and machine guns were terrorists or merely murderous criminals.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,386,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The South Carolina Congressman, Trey Gowdy, a member of the House Committee that tried to investigate the Benghazi affair and was constantly stonewalled by administration people wants to question Susan Rice, under oath to get some truth about that day and what happened after it. He thinks that we must do that to get at the real truth about the whole thing and I have to agree with him. Check this plea by him to the committee to see just what he said and tell me if you agree or disagree with Gowdy.

Rep. Trey Gowdy blasts Jay Carney and Ambassador Susan Rice: I want to know why we were lied to! - YouTube
We need more politicians willing to stand up and call the administration out on this. And if it were Republicans that were doing the lying, I'd hope they were called out on it too.

But what you'll find is that the left is perfectly OK with lying, as long as it's their guy that wins the election.

The country is at a point where there are no morals left. Lying is OK. Even though they've got proof staring them in the face they'll say either "well ALL politicians lie" or they'll just deny it.

It's the state of our country. There are no morals and ethics left. It's turned into one big D vs. R competition and it doesn't matter what tactics are used to win. It's a game.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,203,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
We need more politicians willing to stand up and call the administration out on this. And if it were Republicans that were doing the lying, I'd hope they were called out on it too.

But what you'll find is that the left is perfectly OK with lying, as long as it's their guy that wins the election.

The country is at a point where there are no morals left. Lying is OK. Even though they've got proof staring them in the face they'll say either "well ALL politicians lie" or they'll just deny it.

It's the state of our country. There are no morals and ethics left. It's turned into one big D vs. R competition and it doesn't matter what tactics are used to win. It's a game.
This president sat idle and allowed over 3,000 American citizens to be slaughtered while America was being attacked. His friend, dick cheyney weeks before this occurred took control of NORAD, and on 9/11/01 ordered NORAD to stand down.

As Americans, I think we need answers as to why bush allowed the attacks to happen, and why we wrongfully invaded a soverign nation where thousands of our own troops were murdered and injured.

Evidence that George W. Bush had advanced knowledge of 9-11 - YouTube

This ain't no game.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,386,486 times
Ridiculous video. Regardless, even if that were true, why the selective outrage? Why do we need to investigate Bush but not Obama's very obvious lies?

How can you justify the selective outrage? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:39 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,203,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Ridiculous video. Regardless, even if that were true, why the selective outrage? Why do we need to investigate Bush but not Obama's very obvious lies?

How can you justify the selective outrage? Hypocrisy at its finest.
Yeah, tell us all about it.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Could it be possible that Rice DID tell the truth?

After all, she was under oath and is an appointed official of the United States of America. She took the same oath, sworn on a bible, that the good Representative took.

There is no 'real' truth. There is only truth. Rep. Gowdy's comments were a claim that Rice lied, couched in gentler terms. If he can't prove the lie, he would be well advised to shut his mouth.
I would say that you have no idea what committee he was talking at when he made that speech. I would say that you have no idea that by now the Obamas have admitted that what she said that day and what they said for over a month was not true. What Gowdy and many of us want to know who is who told Rice that story.

We know that Obama had been trying very hard to tell the world that al Qaeda was no longer strong in Libya so maybe the need to lie was very strong.

It kind of makes me wonder why some of you leaners just can't own up to the facts of that Sunday morning.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And I want to know why Trey Gowdy is a cretinous nincompoop who wouldn't recognize a lie if it bit him on the face.
Now, Dude, most of us know that you are more intelligent than that sentence. Surely you haven't become one of the leaners who can't talk intelligently about things like this.

Do you think that GOP in the HOuse is going to back down on this one just because I Won won?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She was under oath? To babble on 5 Sunday TV shows?

OK, then.
She needs to be under oath in front of that committee and I am sure will be the next time she appears before them. Of course, I don't know that Obama's people really know what under oath means.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You don't have a need to know, even with your TS Clearance.
We may not have a right to know about why she told that untrue story that morning but we are owed a bit of truth now and then. The election is over and I Won doesn't need to keep this one covered so tightly any more. Letting the truth out won't change the minds of any of our leaners, here, i don't think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies