Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This assumes the earner is self employed and that somehow everything magically becomes a business expense. I don't think so.

Those high income corporate employees might have a total comp package of > $1M a year. That could be $100K in salary and the rest in uncertain incentive/bonus comp and not all of it is in cash.
MSM articles don't go into that level of detail and neither do politicians.
It's quite easy to find though but most Americans go by headlines and take that as the truth.

Many Americans equate high earners with just "big paychecks".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This assumes the earner is self employed and that somehow everything magically becomes a business expense. I don't think so.

Those high income corporate employees might have a total comp package of > $1M a year. That could be $100K in salary and the rest in uncertain incentive/bonus comp and not all of it is in cash.
I'm referring to the charity events in every town USA that are sponsored by business and attended by the social and corporate elite. Everything is a write off, even the sitter.

If the purpose is to raise money for a charity, why is the incentive a charity ball? Can't people just donate to their favorite charity and do without the dinner dance, golf tournament or polo match? It is a racket pure and simple.

Many of the people who are attending don't even want to be there. Been there, done that. And it had nothing to do with salary and everything to do with social events favored by the boss's wife.

How many tickets would be sold to any ballgame if there were not corporate buyers? Country club memberships, boats, vacation homes? I could go on and on. Everybody I know does it.

Anybody with a brain can set up a business for not much money. All you need to do is think like a Republican.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
So much for the left's assertion that the rich don't pay their fair share!!!

The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate - U.S. Business News - CNBC
Another bash the middle class thread.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Well I guess this is proof that jt800 wasn't a paid Romneybot, just someone who likes spamming the site with nonsense.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,869 times
Quote:
Well I guess this is proof that jt800 wasn't a paid Romneybot, just someone who likes spamming the site with nonsense.
Whatever...but you keep reading them!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
IRS data is nonsense ? Data doesn't back up the stand in government so it becomes nonsense and disregarded ?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Jesus Christ, where has Steve McGarrett been, he was a Superstar.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 AM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
From the article:

Those making $10 million or more earned nearly half of their income from capital gains and dividends.

That is why people are pi$$3d. On top of paying 15% on most of their income, most rich folks also run everything (yachts, planes, homes etc) through tax haven corporations, so their reported income is a load of BS. Everything is written off as a business expense. They are not paying their fair share because of cleaver accounting.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
From the article:

Those making $10 million or more earned nearly half of their income from capital gains and dividends.

That is why people are pi$$3d. On top of paying 15% on most of their income, most rich folks also run everything (yachts, planes, homes etc) through tax haven corporations, so their reported income is a load of BS. Everything is written off as a business expense. They are not paying their fair share because of cleaver accounting.
No it's not BS. That's exactly what defines "rich people" because rich people don't get all their money via a paycheck. They invest their money to generate money.

If you rely on a paycheck then you aren't rich. And that's why I don't consider middle mgmt making $200K a year RICH. They lose their jobs and they ain't RICH anymore.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Rich people pay more in taxes and also take advantage of more from the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies