Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will it take Governor Jerry Brown to fix Arnie's mess?
1-2 years 3 13.64%
3-4 years 9 40.91%
4-5 years 0 0%
5+ years 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,988,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Always ahead, California.
Yes. California is leading the way for the entire nation - into bankruptcy - thanks to the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,463,477 times
even CNN says that pensions of state workers are the one of the biggest problems

Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM

744 posts, read 1,090,796 times
Actually, both the deficit and unemployment in California is dropping.

California faces smaller deficit, potential surplus | Reuters

I voted 3-4 years, before the GOP mess in the Golden State is finally fixed. Thanks, Governor Brown!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
even CNN says that pensions of state workers are the one of the boggest problems
They are - I live here - and pension reform is one of the biggest state issues - and constantly debated.

Of course the Democrats oppose any reform - because unions and pensions are their gravy train.

Democrats don't produce anything - they only promise money confiscated at the point of a gun, to those idiotic enough to vote for them.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,946,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post

I voted 3-4 years, before the GOP mess in the Golden State is finally fixed. Thanks, Governor Brown!

You simply don't get it do you? You seem to ignore the facts that the Democrats are the problem there and it just goes over your head.

PS you forgot to put Never on your poll.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

You have never defined this alleged "GOP mess".

Are you unaware that throughout Schwarzenegger's term and for a good time before that, both the state Assembly and Senate were controlled by the Democrats?

They are the cause of our state fiscal crisis.

You are just upset that your man Gray Davis was recalled - a process in which for I am proud to say that I contributed.

Here in Los Angeles County - I had people begging me to remain onsite until they clocked out of work - so that they could sign the recall petition.

The recall was a true movement of the people - whom were disgusted with Democratic policies and economic stagnation.

So- tell us -exactly "how" did the GOP cause a "mess".

They didn't- Democrat taxing and spending did.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,556,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes. California is leading the way for the entire nation - into bankruptcy - thanks to the Democrats.
Why not be honest and blame Pete Wilson?

If he doesn't offend half your population with Proposition 187, the state doesn't turn blue.

Funny how Republicans always forget about that, isn't it.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,463,477 times
Quote:

(CNN) -- Over the past weekend, Gov. Jerry Brown of California took to the safety of YouTube to reveal that the Golden State's budget deficit is now $15.7 billion, far greater than the original $9.2 billion estimate in January.

California state taxes, already some of the highest in the nation, brought in an anemic 20% less revenue than expected in April, causing California's deficit to nearly double in only four months. On Monday, Brown released a revised budget plan. California Dreamin' it may be better known as.

Brown's budget calls for new spending cuts, to which state workers have yet to agree; even higher taxes, at which voters may balk; and rosy revenue assumptions, which already came up massively short in April.

A Series of Spending Scandals

The summer of 2012 brought the disclosure of pay raises to hundreds of legislative staff members, many already making six figures. In a bigger setback, state parks administrators acknowledged that employees kept a budget surplus of nearly $54 million hidden even as the park system faced cutbacks and dozens of closings.

Such missteps — along with Mr. Brown’s support of a $68 billion high-speed rail project at a time when the state supposedly does not have money for schools — show why democrats are just now up for the job

Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You simply don't get it do you? You seem to ignore the facts that the Democrats are the problem there and it just goes over your head.

PS you forgot to put Never on your poll.
That is why I didn't vote - I would have voted for never.

This is definitely a biased poll.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Why not be honest and blame Pete Wilson?

If he doesn't offend half your population with Proposition 187, the state doesn't turn blue.

Funny how Republicans always forget about that, isn't it.
How did Prop 187 cause the fiscal crisis that the state of California is now experiencing?

If it had lost - then we would be in much worse shape.

Sorry - but most Hispanics that I know ( I do speak and understand Spanish) are conservatives.

(watches your mind blow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies