Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I've been flying a lot lately, haven't been groped once.

Got xrayed plenty, but if that is treating someone like a criminal then so are metal detectors. Big deal.
Like I said..perfectly acceptable. That is the norm now..xray with a possible body frisk.
The articles of citizen outrage have all died out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Students are not considered responsible adults so do not have any "freedoms" of privacy and movement enjoyed by adult citizens. The schools are held responsible for the student's health and location during the school hours. The school districts are just using available technology to do their job. I am surprised that the chips are not surgically implanted to prevent the students from switching ID cards to reduce the effectiveness of the surveillance.
And you would be wrong. Many protected and legislated freedoms for under 18 children.

There is no doubt that indirectly this is a form of conditioning. It may not be intended as such but that dosen't lesson it's impact however great or small that might be to the individual.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
I've been flying a lot lately, haven't been groped once.

Got xrayed plenty, but if that is treating someone like a criminal then so are metal detectors. Big deal.
And you have been conditioned. Should these procedures now be implented for ALL forms of public transportation?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Like I said..perfectly acceptable.
Yup, for some reason I can't seem to get all bunged up about it like some can.

Next thing you know they'll run people thru metal detectors at the courthouse, frisk people at some nightclubs, and heck maybe search bags on the way into football games. Oh the suffering.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Yup, for some reason I can't seem to get all bunged up about it like some can.

Next thing you know they'll run people thru metal detectors at the courthouse, frisk people at some nightclubs, and heck maybe search bags on the way into football games. Oh the suffering.

That is making his point though. People today put less importance on many aspects of liberty that we had before. The younger generations over the years have been conditioned subtly, in some cases not so much to accepting the course of limiting liberty. Liberty was so fiercely fought in our history, that many of the actions of government today would be considered treasonous and resulted in bloodshed, but today people willingly give it up for various "conditioned" concepts that have been slowly fed into our education.

Do you remember what Khrushchev said before the UN?

"America will fall without a shot being fired. It will fall from within."

With the way things have been going over the last century and this one, I would have to say he may have been correct in his claim.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Being groped and xrayed at the airport like a common criminal is perfectly acceptable today.

Tell that to someone 15 years ago that you'd be frisked before getting on a plane and they would laugh at you at the absurdity of it.
Or tell a 20 year old that once upon a time you could come and go at the airport and go right up to the boarding door with your family to say goodbye. You'd get a "No way..." from them like I did from my son (21).

TSA is not accepted by most people, and you don't have to fly. It also has nothing to do with the argument we are discussing.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
TSA is not accepted by most people, and you don't have to fly. It also has nothing to do with the argument we are discussing.
Yes it does. Conditioning to a new accepted "norm".

Come out with chips to be embedded for ID purposes.
You would get a more acceptable response from the youth. They'd actually think it was cool.
You'd get outrage and refusal from the older adults.

The TSA policies have been accepted by most people.
I didn't see any articles of TSA outrage over this Thanksgiving holiday vs 3 years ago.
And now they are even dipping some type of chemical testing strip in your open drinks.

Broaden your view and try going beyond current events to see where this could go.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am surprised that the chips are not surgically implanted to prevent the students from switching ID cards to reduce the effectiveness of the surveillance.
Oh I'm sure if this pilot program is a success that next step is just around the corner.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Besides the the negative psychological impact of being tracked and monitored, what of the economic ramifications?
The school district should be spending the money on education and not acting as an arm of the prison system.
ohhh- the prison system watches you far more than any school. Take it from somebody that spent a few years there. You get to leave school at 3PM. Not so with prison.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Another reason Private Christian based schools, are booming with business.
Home schooling is on the rise in a big way also.

Government becoming the parent.
I agree. Private Christian schools have no rules. You can do what you want there. Don't want to wear your ID or uniform? Just leave it home and tell the Principal to get the fk outta your face because he ain't your parent. Tell us how that works for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies