Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,089 times

Advertisements

America does have a bright future. We've faced a lot darker times than these and come out stronger. Look back at our history...the Civil War, two World Wars, the Great Depression, the Cold War...nothing and nowhere is perfect all of the time. The standard of living for even the poorest person here is living like a King compared to a lot of places in the world. Places in the world where if you posted on a public forum you threw your flag in the trash someone would come to your house and shut you up. Places where there's no clean water to drink, you go to bed hungry, you live in terror your house might be blown up in the middle of the night.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously. I love America and I am so very thankful to live here with the opportunities and blessings that I have. I love America no matter who is President and I'm thankful I live somewhere where I get to have a say so in who our President is even if that means I don't always get my way. We're going to have a bright future despite those of you who are throwing your flags in the trash and calling for our demise because Obama won. Get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM

397 posts, read 257,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've just admitted that the goal IS to increase the number of people living at the poverty level. All of you Obama supporters can handle living in poverty because you're "tough." Okay...
This is to funnyI never admitted to that. What are you talking about? I swear you guys had better get help. This cant be good for your health.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM

397 posts, read 257,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
America does have a bright future. We've faced a lot darker times than these and come out stronger. Look back at our history...the Civil War, two World Wars, the Great Depression, the Cold War...nothing and nowhere is perfect all of the time. The standard of living for even the poorest person here is living like a King compared to a lot of places in the world. Places in the world where if you posted on a public forum you threw your flag in the trash someone would come to your house and shut you up. Places where there's no clean water to drink, you go to bed hungry, you live in terror your house might be blown up in the middle of the night.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously. I love America and I am so very thankful to live here with the opportunities and blessings that I have. I love America no matter who is President and I'm thankful I live somewhere where I get to have a say so in who our President is even if that means I don't always get my way. We're going to have a bright future despite those of you who are throwing your flags in the trash and calling for our demise because Obama won. Get a grip.
You are a breath of fresh air. Its people like us that will push forward. The rest you spoke of can retire and close the doors. We will be fine

Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
This is to funnyI never admitted to that. What are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Maybe we are just tougher than you guys.
You all wanted and voted for the continuation of record-breaking levels of those living in poverty because you are "just tougher."

Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You are a perennial whiner who fashions himself a victim though you have profitted handsomely. There's a few choice terms for this kind of crybabyism and temper tantrum.

There are no "job killing" policies on the table. The past couple of years have seen record profits for corporations. Massive income and wealth gains for the "producers" and "job creators".... as Warren Buffet said, the smart wealthy will never stop investing and growing their businesses.

This is a consumer driven economy. When people spend, companies make money. Those who "go Galt," (as I believe you were advocating or claiming was happening en masse) or who hide their money under mattresses, fire people and decrease their market share will not benefit.

Go Galt, create a market vacuum for the ambitious. Half of the whiners are already at or past retirement age as it is, so take your money and go quietly into the night. Take your upside down American flag with you.

You are REALLY not as important as you think you are. One of 310 million, a large portion of wish are simply waiting for you guys to die off so they can assume the leadership reigns in business and government.
An excellent post and I wish I could rep you again.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I don't see much changing. The education level; erus competitio is gettig wrose;the participation rate is worse and the income gap since so called wealth shrig started it eh mid 60s has shrunk the middle class.people seem stuck o havig other provide their weqlth which is much different than the previous american spirit of makig it on your own.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The past couple of years have seen record profits for corporations. Massive income and wealth gains for the "producers" and "job creators".... as Warren Buffet said, the smart wealthy will never stop investing and growing their businesses.

This is a consumer driven economy. When people spend, companies make money.

You are REALLY not as important as you think you are. One of 310 million, a large portion of wish are simply waiting for you guys to die off so they can assume the leadership reigns in business and government.
Are you thinking nationally or internationally? Corporate profit and job creation is happening outside the US. You the consumer, have no choice but to spend your money on crappy goods made in other countries at a fraction of what you pay for it. The wealthy are investing and growing their businesses - outside the US.

BTW: You and that large portion will have a bit of a wait - 15 to 20 years before those holding the reigns in business and government die off. Why don't all you and the millions of brilliant people get together and start something on your own rather than wait to move into something you may never get.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i do not understand how u can build a nation with 55% of the people not working at all and the entire nation living on credit 24/7.
but that is what the american people decided to do in last months election.
romney lost. but that does not mean the 48% that supported him were wrong.
Wrong? Perhaps not the best word, no. I would say that 48% was certainly misguided if they thought Romney was going to do anything substantial about unemployment numbers or the deficit, however.

He and Obama are two sides of the same coin, from all indicators.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You haven't so far, have you?

Two years ago:
US Poverty to Hit Record High as Elections Loom

One year ago:
Number of Americans in poverty at record high - Business - Eye on the Economy | NBC News

Now:
Census: U.S. Poverty Rate Spikes, Nearly 50 Million Americans Affected « CBS DC

3 straight years in a row of new record high poverty levels and food stamp recipients. And the man who presided over that was re-elected.

Correlation does not imply causation. Did they not teach that in stats at your school?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Correlation does not imply causation. Did they not teach that in stats at your school?
Tell that to everyone who's still blaming Bush for Obama's failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies