Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM

397 posts, read 257,489 times

Advertisements

Not all. Some want us to fall but we are stronger than that.

CNN Poll: 52 percent give Obama thumbs up – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
The data shows there are many objective reasons that make the future look bright. Of course, those are things which we call "in reality" and we know the right wing nut jobs do not care about little things like reality. They mostly like to talk about how they feel and avoid uncomfortable things like facts or figures because that sort of stuff scares them. They are very easily frightened people and that's why so many of them have taken up prepping for doomsday and digging doomsday bunkers in their backyards.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Those who do not participate in America's recovery will lose out.

It's their choice, and their failure will be theirs alone.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

"Do not participate in America's recovery"????

What exactly do you mean by that? I have profitted very well from Obama's ineptitude, as it has driven up the prices of domestic and foreign ag land and has increased the relative value of foriegn holdings due to currency depreciation. I expect to continue to profit from Obama's ineptitude and will "participate" in his continued failure.

Now who in thier right mind would ever think that higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare would improve the economic situation of the nation? These are job killing policies and we can expect more of the same. War on coal? Perfect- I'll bet they are very happy about that in West Virgina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

I am currently happy with Obama in for another four years, as he will continue to erode the financial well being of the nation and its citizens and bring us a step closer to the dissolution of the current USA. Keep on truckin' Obama and do what you do best! Obama, in a strange way, is a conservative's dream come true- if we can't have fiscal sanity, we might as well kill off the nation quickly so that we can start over.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 AM

397 posts, read 257,489 times
Quote:

I was just telling a poster to just stop with the bring down stuff. Obama won and we are going into a bright future. Stop wishing ill will on this Country.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Do not participate in America's recovery"????

What exactly do you mean by that? I have profitted very well from Obama's ineptitude, as it has driven up the prices of domestic and foreign ag land and has increased the relative value of foriegn holdings due to currency depreciation. I expect to continue to profit from Obama's ineptitude and will "participate" in his continued failure.

Now who in thier right mind would ever think that higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare would improve the economic situation of the nation? These are job killing policies and we can expect more of the same.

I am currently happy with Obama in for another four years, as he will continue to erode the financial well being of the nation and its citizens and bring us a step closer to the dissolution of the current USA. Keep on truckin' Obama and do what you do best! Obama, in a strange way, is a conservative's dream come true- if we can't have fiscal sanity, we might as well kill off the nation quickly so that we can start over.

You are a perennial whiner who fashions himself a victim though you have profitted handsomely. There's a few choice terms for this kind of crybabyism and temper tantrum.

There are no "job killing" policies on the table. The past couple of years have seen record profits for corporations. Massive income and wealth gains for the "producers" and "job creators".... as Warren Buffet said, the smart wealthy will never stop investing and growing their businesses.

This is a consumer driven economy. When people spend, companies make money. Those who "go Galt," (as I believe you were advocating or claiming was happening en masse) or who hide their money under mattresses, fire people and decrease their market share will not benefit.

Go Galt, create a market vacuum for the ambitious. Half of the whiners are already at or past retirement age as it is, so take your money and go quietly into the night. Take your upside down American flag with you.

You are REALLY not as important as you think you are. One of 310 million, a large portion of wish are simply waiting for you guys to die off so they can assume the leadership reigns in business and government.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,188 times
Quote:
You are a perennial whiner who fashions himself a victim though you have profitted handsomely. There's a few choice terms for this kind of crybabyism and temper tantrum.

There are no "job killing" policies on the table. The past couple of years have seen record profits for corporations. Massive income and wealth gains for the "producers" and "job creators".... as Warren Buffet said, the smart wealthy will never stop investing and growing their businesses.

This is a consumer driven economy. When people spend, companies make money. Those who "go Galt," (as I believe you were advocating or claiming was happening en masse) or who hide their money under mattresses, fire people and decrease their market share will not benefit.

Go Galt, create a market vacuum for the ambitious. Half of the whiners are already at or past retirement age as it is, so take your money and go quietly into the night. Take your upside down American flag with you.

You are REALLY not as important as you think you are. One of 310 million, a large portion of wish are simply waiting for you guys to die off so they can assume the leadership reigns in business and government.
Spot on

Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:

MANY investors have profited and done well by taking the contrary view of what the general public believes. You are allowed to cheer for your "side" if you want, but don't belittle the rest of us that happen to believe that the economy as a whole just isn't that good. I don't blame Obama, I don't blame Bush, I blame the majority of elected officials for the last 20 or so years of irresponsible wars and spending. And if you look there are still plenty of negative indicators in the economy, the fact that I have done my research and see this side of the argument doesn't mean I WANT the market and the economy to fail, it just means that I believe the chances of further decline are more likely than improvements in the near future. Of course I wish it was the other way around, but I have no control over that so I make my investment decisions accordingly.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i do not understand how u can build a nation with 55% of the people not working at all and the entire nation living on credit 24/7.
but that is what the american people decided to do in last months election.
romney lost. but that does not mean the 48% that supported him were wrong.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Glad some are optimistic. I'm not. (Voted for Obama in '08 and '12 as the lesser of two evils.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies