Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the goverment throws money at deead horse, i dont ever see this happening.
What do you not see happening? Be specific, with details. I keep seeing right wing claims about being good with math. Demonstrate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Higher taxes on the wealthy are estimated to bring in an additional $82 Billion annually. Since liberals are hell-bent on seeing this tax increase come to fruition, how do they intend to raise the other $1,000,000,000,000 in deficit for Fiscal Year 2013 and beyond?

Even more important, do liberals understand why the argument for higher income taxes on those making $250K and above is wholly and completely irrelevant compared to the outstanding trillion dollar deficit?

$82B is enough money to pay the interest on the national debt for 8 days.

Does this even register? Or are you just happy that Barack Obama won the election and everything else is irrelevant?
Liberals don't care about the deficit. I saw a video clip of Obama actually saying he wanted to raise taxes for fairness and would do so even if they lowered revenues rather than raised them. This is all about politics to them and not about fiscal responsiblity.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
sigh. sometimes i wish the republican (read "good guys") would just get out of the way, vote "present" and let the dems have everthing they want.

i would likely loose my job. America would look like the Weimar Republic with people walking around with wheel barrows full of money to go buy a loaf of bread.... but it would be the end of democrat control of this nation....

Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What do you not see happening? Be specific, with details. I keep seeing right wing claims about being good with math. Demonstrate it.

take all the favorite programs of both the left and the right and get rid of them all. stop loaning money out to other countries, hell, bring most of the troops home and stop starting brush fires in other countries.

how is that for a start?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
sigh. sometimes i wish the republican (read "good guys") would just get out of the way, vote "present" and let the dems have everthing they want.

i would likely loose my job. America would look like the Weimar Republic with people walking around with wheel barrows full of money to go buy a loaf of bread.... but it would be the end of democrat control of this nation....
I sent Boehner an email and told him to do just that.

Contact the Speaker | Speaker.gov

Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:

A part of me agrees wholeheartedly with this. I could easily be convinced the we should just go over the "fiscal cliff" and let those who voted for the guy with the radiant smile and soaring rhetoric truly feel what it means for an election to have consequences. They deserve a very, very tough lesson.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Higher taxes on the wealthy are estimated to bring in an additional $82 Billion annually. Since liberals are hell-bent on seeing this tax increase come to fruition, how do they intend to raise the other $1,000,000,000,000 in deficit for Fiscal Year 2013 and beyond?

Even more important, do liberals understand why the argument for higher income taxes on those making $250K and above is wholly and completely irrelevant compared to the outstanding trillion dollar deficit?

Does this even register? Or are you just happy that Barack Obama won the election and everything else is irrelevant?
In 2011 the federal government spent $73 billion dollars on food stamp programs. Yet to hear Conservatives you'd think the entire fiscal crises could be avoided if we cut programs like this.

So why do Conservatives spend so much damn time talking about it?

The reality is that most federal expenditures are on defense, Social Security and Medicare, and Medicaid. Until BOTH parties and the AMERICAN PEOPLE come to this realization and ARE READY TO MAKE SOME SACRIFICES we are going to have deficit issues.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:

I believe eliminating the mortgage interest rate deduction, tax benefits of 401K and other "loopholes" are on the chopping block. Yet liberals will hold the line on entitlements.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
In 2011 the federal government spent $73 billion dollars on food stamp programs. Yet to hear Conservatives you'd think the entire fiscal crises could be avoided if we cut programs like this.

So why do Conservatives spend so much damn time talking about it?

The reality is that most federal expenditures are on defense, Social Security and Medicare, and Medicaid. Until BOTH parties and the AMERICAN PEOPLE come to this realization and ARE READY TO MAKE SOME SACRIFICES we are going to have deficit issues.
That's about 1/10 of the deficit, 10% savings isn't bad, good job. Now add Section 8 and TANF to the chopping block, in fact HUD and the Dept of ED can go, let the states handle it if they choose.

Also because we've got Obamacare we can raise the age limit of Medicare, how much are we talking now?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a plan to me but don't underestimate the stupidity of Obama voters, even after economic destruction a Dem would still have a viable chance of winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies