Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

What a fascinating circle jerk this thread is.

I do encourage all you righties to keep talking among yourselves like this and patting each other on the back for being so much smarter than everyone else. It will keep you occupied while the actual grownups continue growing the economy and solving problems.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Oh is that what we have heard from Democrats since 1999?
i don't know, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Give me a break. Liberals have been trumpeting for 15 years Clinton's efforts towards a budget surplus and the eventual ruin of those alleged surpluses by Bush. And now all of a sudden Clinton wasn't actually working towards eliminating the deficit?LOLYou folks should try to keep your story straight.
Clinton is your little dog and pony show, I haven't said a word about him.

I'm challenging the premise of this thread, which is that we should eliminate the budget deficit in the first place. I don't think that's a very smart plan.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
What a fascinating circle jerk this thread is.

I do encourage all you righties to keep talking among yourselves like this and patting each other on the back for being so much smarter than everyone else. It will keep you occupied while the actual grownups continue growing the economy and solving problems.

Interesting, Do you feel the same way about Democrats harping on a tax increase that solves nothing?
I agree we have to get to the real issues that does not include not a little slap on the wrist to some wealthy guy who hides his money in the Caymen Islands.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't know, is it what you've heard from democrats ?
yes, they use Clinton like the Rs use Reagan.

And since Clinton (with the cooperation of Congress) did create a surplus they should be proud of those times.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Clinton didn't attempt to completely eliminate the deficit.

insofar as i know the last time a president tried it was January of 1835; you should read up on that.
Quote:
i don't know, is it?

I haven't said a word about Clinton or budget surpluses.
You have said a few words about CLinton.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You have said a few words about CLinton.
what, you mean my response to his question about Clinton ?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
yes, they use Clinton like the Rs use Reagan.
okay. So what's that got to do with anything ?

Seems to me like discussion of Clinton is about as important as the price of tea in china, and whatever it is he did in his term and whatever you've heard some democrat say about him is completely irrelevant to this topic, whatever it was.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
what, you mean my response to his question about Clinton ?
I guess so. I am just trying to sort out the flow of this conversation.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
okay. So what's that got to do with anything ?

Seems to me like discussion of Clinton is about as important as the price of tea in china, and whatever it is he did in his term and whatever you've heard some democrat say about him is completely irrelevant to this topic, whatever it was.
It was just that your response said Clinton did not attempt to elminate the deficit.

Oh- I think you meant he did not attempt to eliminate the debt?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I guess so. I am just trying to sort out the flow of this conversation.
Well the cliffs notes :

AeroGuyDC is a conservative troll

I assume you are too

I think the budget deficit should be higher , if anything, in the short term and that it is only a problem in the long term.

I'm not a Democrat, but AeroGuyDC and you seem to think that mentioning Bill Clinton is somehow a rebuttal, but you obviously can't explain such an incoherent thought any further.

That's about it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies