Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Blacks vote for big govt and have nothing to show for it.
lets say I agree with you (I don't, but just to avoid this thread from getting hijacked), so what? If blacks constantly vote for democrats and we haven't gotten anything in return, why do republicans care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,322 times
Bc GOP gets held accountable for the bad results, even most of it is local. See Detroit and Chicago, ESP. With education. It makes a diff emcee in elections, as well.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
That's the point - those threads don't mention why the person writing them cares. Other than the subtxt of "black people are bad and/or stupid" that is. But even if that's the motivation for such threads, why do the posters care?
I don't think anyone on the right cares that blacks don't have the ability to think for themselves. It's their problem and they will pay the price. Rather, they are already paying the price after four years of a communist in the WH, their unemployment rate is 15%.
Perhaps the 15 % unemployment is explanation in it's self. Why work when the foolish, evil white man will pay your bills for you....
What I don't understand is why so many stupid threads are still being started after the election has been decided. It shows many people have nothing to do all day but try as hard as they can to start an argument..
It's sad so many have no life... It must be because they are unemployed and killing time until the welfare check arrives.
What happens when you run out of other people's money?????

Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I don't think anyone on the right cares that blacks don't have the ability to think for themselves. It's their problem and they will pay the price. Rather, they are already paying the price after four years of a communist in the WH, their unemployment rate is 15%.
Perhaps the 15 % unemployment is explanation in it's self. Why work when the foolish, evil white man will pay your bills for you....
What I don't understand is why so many stupid threads are still being started after the election has been decided. It shows many people have nothing to do all day but try as hard as they can to start an argument..
It's sad so many have no life... It must be because they are unemployed and killing time until the welfare check arrives.
I'm guessing you didn't cotton to book learnin' enough to stick around for 10th grade History, eh?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
if they don't care, than please explain just the small list of threads started by the right about the voting habits of blacks that I selected. If the right doesn't care, there shouldn't be one thread started about how blacks vote. Nobody has yet to answer that. Why were those threads created?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
if they don't care, than please explain just the small list of threads started by the right about the voting habits of blacks that I selected. If the right doesn't care, there shouldn't be one thread started about how blacks vote. Nobody has yet to answer that. Why were those threads created?
tomorrow it's going to be "I don't think anyone on the Right cares that Obama is President..."

Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
lets say I agree with you (I don't, but just to avoid this thread from getting hijacked), so what? If blacks constantly vote for democrats and we haven't gotten anything in return, why do republicans care?
Better yet, if African Americans are getting anything for their vote, what's with all this talk about getting handouts and free stuff?

I need an iPad app to keep track of the constantly shifting arguments of Republicans.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,665 times
Quote:
Somebody from the right please explain to me why this topic comes up 2 or 3 times a week. I'm begging you.
Because they don't like Democrats or Blacks, and A Black Democrat is a double whammy, a Muslim Black Democrat or a Gay Black Democrat is a triple threat.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
Quote:
Somebody from the right please explain to me why this topic comes up 2 or 3 times a week. I'm begging you.
Well, I'm not from the right, but...doesn't it seem to you that there's quite a persecution complex here? Along with a need to delegitimize black voters?

It seems to me that republicans, by and large, don't actually care what black people actually think. This is why you rarely or never see them in black communities. But the chance to claim that they're the true victims of racism, or that black people are lazy and stupid, has always been popular among white people in general, and the GOP essentially offers these grievances in abundance.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,993,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Bc dems are taking credit for what the GOP did for civil rights. Blacks voted for dems even when Dixiecrats ran that party.
Nope. Blacks what few that could vote voted Republican till the 1920ies and really didn't lock on the Democrats until post civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies