Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times

Advertisements

simple ENGLISH for C-D liberals

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

the real question is why would anyone want to vote for the fascist liberals.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Almost every demographic had an increased turnout in 2008, including Evangelicals and college students. Blacks had a 5% jump.

So again, among the 5% (not including the ones that turned out for the same reasons that increased Evangelical & college students & Asians & Latinos), what % would have voted Republican if Obama wasn't the Dem candidate?
I'm comparing the last time a Dem won the presidency (Clinton..his first term....1992) to 2008. What are you talking 2004 to 2008? You say EVERY demographic was up 5%? All citizens voter turnout from 2004 to 2008 was exactly the same.....58%. How was virtually every demographic up 5% if the total was Exactly the same?

Voter Turnout | SSDAN.net

Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I'm comparing the last time a Dem won the presidency (Clinton..his first term....1992) to 2008. What are you talking 2004 to 2008? You say EVERY demographic was up 5%? All citizens voter turnout from 2004 to 2008 was exactly the same.....58%. How was virtually every demographic up 5% if the total was Exactly the same?

Voter Turnout | SSDAN.net
Lol... why don't you explain to me the logic of using voter pools that are 16 years apart? Maybe to ignore the fact that 2008 was the 4TH CONSECUTIVE VOTER CYCLE W/ INCREASED BLACK PARTICIPATION? Disingenuous bullchit like this makes me not want to talk to people like you...

And I said that almost every group had increased voter turnout, including Blacks, who had a 5% jump. Unless you're saying that every increase was due to a Black Dem candidate(including the Evangelicals & married rural women), then you need to reexamine what it means that you're considering a different reason for increased voter turnout for every group, but Blacks...

Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
I really enjoy it when obama voters call other people stupid

funniest.
thing.
eva !

Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
How many times is this topic going to be rehashed?

[% of the Black vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012] MINUS [% Black vote for Kerry in 2004] = [% of Blacks that could be accused of voting for Obama only b/c he's Black]

You sound like idiots when you forget that 88% of Blacks already vote Democrat, regardless of who's the candidate. So when 93% show up to vote for Obama, that leaves 5% that have some reason for voting for Obama other than the fact that he's a Democrat...
Well since you brought it up, one more time.
The repubs that continue to discuss this point are no better than the dems who do. In the scheme of things it is no big deal.

It's always about policy.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:48 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Lol... why don't you explain to me the logic of using voter pools that are 16 years apart? Maybe to ignore the fact that 2008 was the 4TH CONSECUTIVE VOTER CYCLE W/ INCREASED BLACK PARTICIPATION? Disingenuous bullchit like this makes me not want to talk to people like you...

And I said that almost every group had increased voter turnout, including Blacks, who had a 5% jump. Unless you're saying that every increase was due to a Black Dem candidate(including the Evangelicals & married rural women), then you need to reexamine what it means that you're considering a different reason for increased voter turnout for every group, but Blacks...
Because it was the last a Democrat won election. The country had had enough with repubs. I have found people often do not get voted into office but, instead voted out of office.

Wait until 2016, if we have 2 non-black candidates running for office and if the black voter turnout drops back down below the all voter turnout, then the question will be answered.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If you should have learned anything from the last election it is that Republicans don't do math no matter how simple it might be to you and I.
I'm happy to hear you liberals are so good at math. Now maybe you will understand that raising tax rates on millionaires does not bring in enough revenue to meaningfully impact the deficit and the incessant "the top 1% should pay a little bit more" garbage can finally stop and some real solutions to our problems can be found.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I'm happy to hear you liberals are so good at math. Now maybe you will understand that raising tax rates on millionaires does not bring in enough revenue to meaningfully impact the deficit and the incessant "the top 1% should pay a little bit more" garbage can finally stop and some real solutions to our problems can be found.
Actually liberals do understand that which is why we supported a candidate who has called for $4 trillion in budget cuts along with raising taxes. A candidate who as president slowed the growth of government spending to its lowest levels since Dwight Eisenhower.

Another thing that liberals understand is that while complaining that raising taxes isn't significant to reducing the deficit take an completely contrarian attitude when it comes to cutting vital programs for the least fortunate of our citizens. When a liberal points out that the cost of a specific program is a pittance when viewed as a percentage of the national budget, they respond that any cut helps. Well any rise in revenues no matter how small also helps.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Yeah, yeah OP, but when whites voted for Romney it was racism..... MEH....

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Actually liberals do understand that which is why we supported a candidate who has called for $4 trillion in budget cuts along with raising taxes. A candidate who as president slowed the growth of government spending to its lowest levels since Dwight Eisenhower.

Another thing that liberals understand is that while complaining that raising taxes isn't significant to reducing the deficit take an completely contrarian attitude when it comes to cutting vital programs for the least fortunate of our citizens. When a liberal points out that the cost of a specific program is a pittance when viewed as a percentage of the national budget, they respond that any cut helps. Well any rise in revenues no matter how small also helps.
You are a propaganda *****. You believe ANYTHING that paints your view in a good light. I call that gullible and mostly a "useful idiot". If you actually believe what I bolded, you're toast and need a brain transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies