Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM

77,975 posts, read 60,153,971 times

Advertisements

Anything to try to cling to his fame as long as possible.....what a hack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,825,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The guy is a complete no-class.
Agreed. Obama is a complete no-class.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,582,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Haha, I think it's funny that many are outraged over this, but putting JC in pee is just fine. You can insult JC, but whatever you do, NEVER, NEVER, EVER do something like this to the REAL savior Barack Obama! Bunch of pathetic statists!
Actually no I do not think putting Jesus Christ in pee is just fine. And I am an avowed Atheist and bleeding heart liberal... I do not believe in offending people just because we can. I am fed up to the back teeth however with people who somehow generalise and put everyone into the same mould. Some Atheists/Liberals might be fine with it , I can guarantee you many, many will find it offensive on behalf of Christians.

Stop seeing liberal evils and conspiracies everywhere. I do not like Conservative Policies but I do not assume every Republican or Tories are women hating, homophobic, racist thugs even though some vocal nutters would make it appear so. Please do me the favour of not assuming that whatever outrages you is condoned by most "liberals".

We are , I am pretty sure this will come as a shock to you, all individuals and have different ways of thinking, acting and being. It is like saying that a man rapes a woman therefore all men are rapists, a white man abuses a child, hence all white men are paedophiles, etc... Pretty stupid and ill thought out as a philosophy. Grow up and don't believe everything you think. Not always the best move obviously.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,188,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I ran across this story on the internet and thought I would post it. I have never watched Glenn Becks TV program but there is a video of this incident that took place last night. Apparently Beck did this in response to Obama being depicted as a sacrificed Jesus Christ in a painting. Here is the video.

Glenn Beck Dips Obama Bobblehead in ‘Urine’ to Create New Work of ‘Art’ | Video | TheBlaze.com
Here is the pic...

Quote:
Obama as Jesus Painting: One of Many to Compare President to Christ? (PHOTO)

A new painting has emerged on display at Boston's Bunker Hill Community College Art Gallery. Titled "The Truth," it is the work of artist Michael D'Antuono and depicts President Obama with a crown of thorns on his head, with his arms raised in a "v" shape. The painting itself however, is not new and was to be put on display in New York's Union Square years ago
I wouldn't take this to be much different from the P*ss Christ exhibit that was on display in NYC.
Quote:
Andres Serrano's P*ss Christ has attracted controversy for more than two decades.

P*ss Christ – a photograph that has attracted controversy for more than two decades – has gone on display in New York, at an exhibition which surveys 25 years of the artist Andres Serrano's work.
We should be glad it's not a P*ss BigMoe. No telling who the spontaneous protestors would go after. Or who Obama would put in jail next. You know, cause it would make him look authoritative. Or how many donuts Susan Rice would eat on Sunday morning.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,072,766 times
Who cares? Free speech.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,583,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Actually no I do not think putting Jesus Christ in pee is just fine. And I am an avowed Atheist and bleeding heart liberal... I do not believe in offending people just because we can. I am fed up to the back teeth however with people who somehow generalise and put everyone into the same mould. Some Atheists/Liberals might be fine with it , I can guarantee you many, many will find it offensive on behalf of Christians.

Stop seeing liberal evils and conspiracies everywhere. I do not like Conservative Policies but I do not assume every Republican or Tories are women hating, homophobic, racist thugs even though some vocal nutters would make it appear so. Please do me the favour of not assuming that whatever outrages you is condoned by most "liberals".

We are , I am pretty sure this will come as a shock to you, all individuals and have different ways of thinking, acting and being. It is like saying that a man rapes a woman therefore all men are rapists, a white man abuses a child, hence all white men are paedophiles, etc... Pretty stupid and ill thought out as a philosophy. Grow up and don't believe everything you think. Not always the best move obviously.
This has been the discourse of Politics in this country since we broke from the Mother Land. It's nothing new. Somewhat more crude visually and auditorily because of the advance of media communications but we don't have President's and politicians dueling it out with pistols at dawn any longer.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,423,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's offensive because this is our President.

How can you think that it's true art?
Oh wow. He's our President.. WOOPIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! He isn't special, he's just a man. You don't find it offensive for millions of people to see JC in pee, only Obama? Typical....

Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,221,056 times
Quote:
You and most other statists
New RW buzz word, statist. I'm imagining all those statists (lobbyists) that flock to DC looking for handouts, subsidies and panhandling, yes, it's horrible.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,423,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
New RW buzz word, statist. I'm imagining all those statists (lobbyists) that flock to DC looking for handouts, subsidies and panhandling, yes, it's horrible.
Yep, all the ones Obama hired on like he said he wouldn't.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM

72,847 posts, read 62,306,314 times
Quote:
Oh wow. He's our President.. WOOPIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! He isn't special, he's just a man. You don't find it offensive for millions of people to see JC in pee, only Obama? Typical....
I never said I didn't find it offensive when millions of people want to see Christ in urine. I am a believer in the risen Christ. I also find it trashy to portray the President as Christ, because there is only one risen Christ. However, this thread is about Glenn Beck and putting a bobblehead of the President in urine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies