Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Whiole I think all these meetings are fine :I don't see that Obama is going to mend fences with calling his enmies list to ask for support or make it look like they had input. That is not his history. He appointed a presidential comission on the deficit and just ignere it. So why would he seriously listen to people he has clearly campaigned as the enemy since first elected. Its just spin.
No, sir! Obama did not ignore the suggestions of the fiscal commission. He pushed them! The blame on the commission's failure goes to the Congress, not the President. The members of the commission said as much in their later interviews.

While Romney was never a good politician, he was an excellent businessman, and he still has a lot of important contacts within the highest levels of finance and large business. His influence in that area could well help break the deadlock from the public sector's side, and his assistance could also help rehabilitate his reputation. He needs to have credit where credit is due, and he knows a thing or two about the minds of the financeers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney hasn't got any influence with Republicans. They just got through stoning him out of the village.
I happen to agree! Is this just Obama rubbing it into Romney's face that he lost?

PS : I voted for Obama!

but don't kick the dog down though!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,302 times
Maybe this time they could reenact that awkward moment during the debate when Mitt tried to accuse Obama of not saying act of terror. Mitt's head was about to explode! HAHA.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I would have declined if I were Romney. Whether it made an impact or not, Obama and the Dems ran a very despicable campaign. As someone said last year, since Obama couldnt run on his record, they had to "kill Romney", which is what they did, lying and running the lowest campaign seen yet on a national stage.

I couldnt be a politician. I can run against someone and strongly oppose their way of doing things, and listen to them attack me in such horrible low life ways, and then act like it never happened.

Its like Reid. How anyone on the opposite side of the aisle could ever work with that dirt bag, lying, pos ever again, is just mind boggling. He deserves nothing from anyone, let alone bipartisanship. Same with Obama, though even he isnt as bad as Reid.
Romney "killed Romney" every time he opened his mouth. Why do you think he didn't do any more interviews the last 2 weeks or so?

I guess you never saw any on the Romney ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney hasn't got any influence with Republicans. They just got through stoning him out of the village.
This may be why he's the perfect person to put on his staff.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Indeed. I honestly don't even get why this meeting is happening. Did the White House not notice the Republican party and talking heads running away from Romney as quickly as possible?

It may be a nice gesture, but it has no conceivable political advantage.
This is what I was thinking, too.

Other than as a good will gesture on the part of President Obama, I see no purpose in the meeting.

Romney lost because he was a poor candidate; I'm not sure what he has to offer this country or what he could say to President Obama that would have any merit.

After all, even his own party has kicked him to the curb.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 PM

328 posts, read 682,316 times
Hopefully the meeting is more than just showing Romney how well he lives at the White House. Tell me it is more than a PR event. Show me it has some real meaning with results, and not more of the politicians talking (and the news media and citizens eating it up) and not getting things done. Hopefully Rice will not be reporting the results based on her Talking Points.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
I wonder if White House security is going to make Romney pass through a metal detector and even give him a "pat down" in case he's carrying a firearm?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Maybe this time they could reenact that awkward moment during the debate when Mitt tried to accuse Obama of not saying act of terror. Mitt's head was about to explode! HAHA.
Yes, it's difficult for an honest man to debate an unrepentent liar. I'm sure it was very difficult for him to keep his cool under those circumstances.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
This really is saying a lot since Romney appeared to be more bent villifying and taking Obama's character down rather than concentrating on making his proposed plan clear to everyone. I hope this also sends a diplomatic example to all of those who aligned with Romney and the GOP. Especially the 'non racists' who made it clear by their hateful comments on here that they disapprove of an Afro American in charge of the nation. And I didn't say your name either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies