Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times

Advertisements

lol a victor cant be serious
u betta get yo angry racist ass some counseling or u gon be the next one in the news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
lol a victor cant be serious
u betta get yo angry racist ass some counseling or u gon be the next one in the news
Yup, either he/she is a troll or having fun taking on the identity of a racist maniac, while typing each post with tongue-in-cheek, as the expression goes.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy;27213372[B
]Police said that the man's girlfriend won't be charged because she is "cooperating with investigators."[/b] Why should she get a free pass? After Dunn shot 8 or 9 rounds into the car, they just took off. Then they went to bed in a hotel and fled the next morning. I just don't understand why she won't be charged, since I would have called the police to report the shooting. I'm guessing they were both drunk. Still, I cannot possibly imagine being able to drive away after shooting someone and then going to bed. In fact, when the news reported the next morning that someone had been shot to death in a gas station parking lot, they ran.

This is not good news for Mr. Dunn.....tisk....tisk

Law enforcement some times let a smaller criminal testify against a larger more important criminal and get off of the hook for theirs testimony against a much bigger fish .....Look Out Mr. Dunn

Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Actually he didn't just go to the hotel. He went to the hotel, went to sleep, woke up the next morning and saw that someone had died in the shooting and then drove home, so he could be arrested in a place where he was more comfortable. I honestly can't recall a case like that before. Of course, we're all more comfortable at home but leaving the scene of the crime and not reporting it is just crazy ESPECIALLY if it involved gun shots.

In my opinion his lawyer should stop talking to the press.

So according to the lawyer, he pulled up next to them. Rolled down the window and asked them to turn it down. One of them did. Okay problem solved. Then he hears one of them making threats so he rolls down the window (again I guess) and says "are you talking to me?" I wonder if maybe he thought they were going to back down or something. This is why I feel our self-defense laws need to be more clear. If I someone verbally threatens me and I perceive them to be dangerous, I'm going to try to avoid the situation.

Suspect in gas station shooting claims teens had a shotgun

You can't recall a case like that? Have you never heard of Ted Kennedy?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM

397 posts, read 257,489 times
Why don't we call this what it is. Obama election revenge murder.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You can't recall a case like that? Have you never heard of Ted Kennedy?
Ted Kennedy shot into a car of black unarmed youths and fled the scene? Then when he found out he actually killed somebody, he fled the county?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Actually he didn't just go to the hotel. He went to the hotel, went to sleep, woke up the next morning and saw that someone had died in the shooting and then drove home, so he could be arrested in a place where he was more comfortable.
Baloney. That's what he claims and has been reported by his attorney, but it doesn't mean he is telling the truth. Do you know how far Satellite Beach is from Jacksonville? It's at least a 2-1/2 hour trip.

The only reason he was caught is because bystanders saw the incident, heard the shooting, and wrote down his license plate for the police. Dunn said AFTER he was arrested that he was going to turn himself in to his neighbor who is in law enforcement. I guess if I cheat on my taxes, when the IRS fines me I should say "But I was planning to pay. I just wanted to wait until it was more comfortable for me." Even if he were in a car crash, not a shooting where someone died, he would be committing a crime by leaving the scene of an accident.

It's possible he wanted to call his attorney first, but I'm guessing he was intoxicated and wanted to be as far away as possible from the crime scene. In fact, since he drove from Jacksonville all the way to Satellite Beach, I'm guessing he passed a few cruisers on I-95 along the way.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
To the OP who said no one goes on a shooting rampage without a damn good reason, meet James Huberty:

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
To the OP who said no one goes on a shooting rampage without a damn good reason, meet James Huberty:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald's_massacre]San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
I didn't answer that comment before because there are too many incidents where someone opened fired on innocent people. You can also include James Holmes who shot up a movie theater in Aurora CO or Jared Loughner who killed several people, including a 9 year old girl, and shot Gabrielle Giffords in the head. In those 2 cases, the shooters turned out to be mentally ill, although that won't console the victims or their families. I believe Dunn was simply an angry man with a chip on his shoulder who felt like showing some Black teenagers who was boss by opening fire on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

How can anyone claim that the victims got rid of the gun?
I agree. So far no reports have indicated that Dunn was shot or that his car has any bullet holes. If the police didn't find a gun or any shell casings, then there was no return fire. Anyone here who actually buys Dunn's story that one of the teenagers threatened Dunn with a shotgun but didn't manage get off a single shot while Dunn unloaded 8 or more bullets into the car needs to explain this to me.

Last edited by justNancy; 12-05-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I didn't answer that comment before because there are too many incidents where someone opened fired on innocent people. You can also include James Holmes who shot up a movie theater in Aurora CO or Jared Loughner who killed several people, including a 9 year old girl, and shot Gabrielle Giffords in the head. In those 2 cases, the shooters turned out to be mentally ill, although that won't console the victims or their families. I believe Dunn was simply an angry man with a chip on his shoulder who felt like showing some Black teenagers who was boss by opening fire on them.

I don't buy that for one second. This was not a case of the shooter being insane. It was a shooting provoked by hoods at a gas station.

I agree. So far no reports have indicated that Dunn was shot or that his car has any bullet holes. If the police didn't find a gun or any shell casings, then there was no return fire. Anyone here who actually buys Dunn's story that one of the teenagers threatened Dunn with a shotgun but didn't manage get off a single shot while Dunn unloaded 8 or more bullets into the car needs to explain this to me.

Don't you and everyone else think it's a little strange that the weapon in question was specifically named as a "shotgun". Not a handgun, not a assult rifle... like say a Romanian WASR AK (prefered by thugs because they are cheap). If you are going to "lie" you might as well make it look the best for you. "They drew down on me with an AK man"! No, it was a shotgun. The fact they didn't find one on the scene doesn't mean squat. Neither does witnesses who didn't see anything. I've seen seven cars go through a green light. Car #4 was t-boned when a woman running the red light struck them in the side. Car #1,#2,#3....#5, #6 and #7 ALL took off seconds after the crash. They didn't want to get "involved" and beat it. The woman who ran the red light said she thought she had the green and it was car #4's fault. That accident was written up as a no fault which was complete BS. No witnesses.....it's your word against hers.

Do you see how this works? If those "boys" were ANYONE even closely related to a gang, most folks who KNOW would keep their mouth shut. They don't want them to come back later and finish the job. You know...like IRL where "that" happens OFTEN. Gas station cams are hit and miss as well. Some areas aren't even covered, nor well lit enough to even see if they were. They won't tell you that though. The just put the sign up to scare people. Most believe it and don't try anything.

Why didn't the teens get off a shot? When someone is unloading on you, the last thing you think about is holding your own for the first few seconds. Your instinct is to take cover, which is what you should do. When someone is blasting at you at that close, there isn't any cover. It's not that hard to figure out. He got the drop on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies