U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,680,030 times

Advertisements

Looks like fin's little sea rise picture is nothing but beach erosion. This is how the global warmers spread their propoganda to try and scare folks into the doomsday scenario's they like to play in order to get us all to pay em off for breathing. Pathetic.

Fort Lauderdale Beach Erosion Raises Tourism Concerns | NBC 6 South Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM

62,697 posts, read 34,168,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You throw out a picture of a road where the separators are knocked down as evidence? Hell Bush probably blew em up to flood Ft. Lauderdale like he did in Nu Oleens for all we know. Somebody could have fell asleep behind his semi and plowed into em. No to you this is evidence the seas are a rising and we are all doomed. Gimme a break.
The concrete separators were placed there this week to replace the wall which has been completely devaured by the ocean. Hurricane Sandy and hightides are part of the reason, but the problem is still continuing, while Sandy is long gone. It's just that the high tides are coming in higer than ever before.

Say what you will, and believe what you want. I am not here to force you believe anything you have chosen to deny.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The idea that sea level is exactly the same everywhere in the world is a fallacy. Go read the article I linked to.

"Many people mistakenly think that the rate of sea level rise is the same everywhere as glaciers and ice caps melt, increasing the volume of ocean water, but other effects can be as large or larger than the so-called 'eustatic' rise," said USGS Director Marcia McNutt. "As demonstrated in this study, regional oceanographic contributions must be taken into account in planning for what happens to coastal property."

USGS Release: Sea Level Rise Accelerating in U.S. Atlantic Coast (6/24/2012 1:00:00 PM)

What about the plug at the bottom of the ocean? They found the keycode for that yet?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The concrete separators were placed there this week to replace the wall which has been completely devaured by the ocean.

Say what you will, and believe what you want. I am not here to force you believe anything you have chosen to deny.
I don't believe anything you say after reading the article I did. Said nothing about sea rise just about beach erosion. You have been caught in your twisted game.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,952,256 times
Sea Level changes at the Battery in New York:

The coastal vulnerability index from the United States Department of the Interior U.S. Geological Survey:
red indicates areas of high vulnerability to rising sea levels.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM

So the whole coast is basically vulnerable to sea rise? Hell I could a told you that and saved the USGS all the trouble and surveys.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,235 posts, read 13,983,115 times
the sea level hasnt changed much in the last 150 years

Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM

10,136 posts, read 6,464,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Along portions? Must be you still got some dry rice krispies in that bowl as i defy you to prove the seal level can vary anywhere in the world to include either end of your bath tub...

If this is the type of education my taxes pay for i want a refund! Your post is a pipe dream!

However it does qualify you to work for the EPA !

I was about to post the same thing. LOL. How can the sea rise from Cape Hatteras to Boston and not everywhere else. I want some of what they are smoking.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM

19,122 posts, read 22,164,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The idea that sea level is exactly the same everywhere in the world is a fallacy. Go read the article I linked to.

"Many people mistakenly think that the rate of sea level rise is the same everywhere as glaciers and ice caps melt, increasing the volume of ocean water, but other effects can be as large or larger than the so-called 'eustatic' rise," said USGS Director Marcia McNutt. "As demonstrated in this study, regional oceanographic contributions must be taken into account in planning for what happens to coastal property."

USGS Release: Sea Level Rise Accelerating in U.S. Atlantic Coast (6/24/2012 1:00:00 PM)
That guy must be one of the EPA idiots I mentioned... The EPA thinks nothing of the laws of physics. The EPA thinks they can change any and all of those rules at will.....

I think we are at the end of a warmer mild period and things will get colder and the left will be crying and pleading about the next new Little Ice Age sooner than not.....

Maybe is less trash was dumped in the sea on a global level things would get better........

Nature moves tons of sand and rock into the sea DISPLACING water every year the globe over....

For better than 200 miles to sea off the Amazon you can see SA silt in the water still......

A little ice isn't that big of a deal and ice on salt water is less of a big deal.

The fact weather stations were hand selected to weed out the cold area to 'prove' weather was warming is typical of the feds.. Mt Washington NH was one that was weeded out...

These past 6 years Fall has come earlier not later and Spring has come later (Except for last year)

1 years can't even count..... 10 maybe but the weather service has only been around since the mid 1800's and so that doesn't really count either.

I find it hilarious people will believe a wives tale that sea level can vary...

Oh! I heard later to night in fact a blue cow will jump the moon........ 1:53 AM EST

Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,952,256 times
Also this truly scary map of post-SandyOcean Bay Park, Fire Island, New York. Extensive erosion occurred here, removing sand from a 50-m wide swath of the beach and dunes --- the part in orange.

Take a look at the future:

"Oblique aerial photographs of Neponsit, New York. The view is looking northwest across Rockaway Peninsula, adjacent to New York Harbor. Sand was washed from the beach into the streets, and towards the bayside of the island, and several rows of ocean-facing houses were destroyed or damaged. The yellow arrow in each image points to the same feature. "

Pre- and Post-Storm Photo Comparisons - Hurricane Sandy - Coastal Change Hazards: Hurricanes and Extreme Storms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies