Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

In Ft Lauderdale the evidence is for all to see, where A1A beach strip is being devoured by the rising ocean.

Sea level rose 60 percent faster than UN projections, study finds - World News

Projections for sea level rise in coming decades could be too conservative, experts warned Wednesday, saying they found that the rise over the last two decades is much more than predicted by the U.N. scientific body tracking climate signals.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In Ft Lauderdale the evidence is for all to see, where A1A beach strip is being devoured by the rising ocean.

Sea level rose 60 percent faster than UN projections, study finds - World News

Projections for sea level rise in coming decades could be too conservative, experts warned Wednesday, saying they found that the rise over the last two decades is much more than predicted by the U.N. scientific body tracking climate signals.
The evidence is all around us, yet for some reason many are still debating if global warming even exists. I remember reading a quote a few years ago by a climate change scientist who said "What's it going to take to convince people?---floods in New York City?" ---- uh....

Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Ah Fin, that ain't Ft Lauderdale. It's NY and NJ, not one palm tree in sight....

And the A1 strip is built on a sand bar..... Sand isn't a very good place to build much of anything.

The OMG Arctice Melt mean the snow got a little slushy. When Ice is floating on water and gets to melt the water level doesn't change because the weight of the water in the ice is the same....

The sea level can't be more or less in one place from another either....... Level is level......

Sea level is measured at mid tide, not in, not out, but in the middle.

There is no proof the tide is higher in the past 200 years.....

Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The evidence is all around us, yet for some reason many are still debating if global warming even exists. I remember reading a quote a few years ago by a climate change scientist who said "What's it going to take to convince people?---floods in New York City?" ---- uh....
What evidence?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Evidence means nothing to non-scientific folks. Until climate change deniers can explain how adding more heat trapping gases to the atmosphere does not equate to more heat being trapped in the atmosphere, they are wrong and will always be wrong.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What evidence?
Global temperature increasing and sea levels rising. Did you even read the article?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Ah Fin, that ain't Ft Lauderdale. It's NY and NJ, not one palm tree in sight.........
LOL, I didn't say the picture was from Ft Lauderdale. I LIVE in Ft Lauderdale / Miami area, so I see it with my own eyes.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
The good news is that the Supreme Court upheld (liberal) New London, CT's eminent domain case, so liberals can rest easy knowing that when the coast begins to breach de facto building restriction lines, big business can come right in and buy up the property, force people out of their homes, and build new retail development in its place back further away from the beach to give Mother Nature her room!

See....Mother Nature and Big Business can coexist! Liberalism for the win!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Evidence means nothing to non-scientific folks. Until climate change deniers can explain how adding more heat trapping gases to the atmosphere does not equate to more heat being trapped in the atmosphere, they are wrong and will always be wrong.
If this is really what you think don't run any AC in homes and offices..lights too.... Cut back on all power post haste.... RIGHT

Answer where is this water because I live near the coast and as a wee lad I dug clams. The same places I dug clams are still there now... The road into my Dads place is still there and it was about 1 foot higher than high tide. That's in Ipswich Mass........ I dug clams starting with Dad when i was 5 in 1956. In 1960 i dug clams on my own as i was allowed to take the boat by then.

So tell me where is the water?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
If this is really what you think don't run any AC in homes and offices..lights too.... Cut back on all power post haste.... RIGHT

Answer where is this water because I live near the coast and as a wee lad I dug clams. The same places I dug clams are still there now... The road into my Dads place is still there and it was about 1 foot higher than high tide. That's in Ipswich Mass........ I dug clams starting with Dad when i was 5 in 1956. In 1960 i dug clams on my own as i was allowed to take the boat by then.

So tell me where is the water?
So adding heat trapping gases to the atmosphere doesn't trap more heat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies