U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,428,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
How are Obama voters doing better if they are the least financially stable and the least educated? How does that make them "rich" and/or "smarter?" I'd ask you to define "better" in this case. Because if these Obama supporters are getting "something for nothing" then technically the "47%" very well could be better off with that line of rational--similar to a homeless guy having more change in his cup at the end of the day than when he started it. He might be "better off" but I'm not so sure I would isolate the word "better" in this case.
Self reported in the 2012 exit polls, take it up with them. Mittens voters were 5 to 1 more likely to be doing worse off in the last 4 years.

Another little tidbit, 97% of the "angry" vote voted for mittens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM

5,510 posts, read 5,712,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Self reported in the 2012 exit polls, take it up with them. Mittens voters were 5 to 1 more likely to be doing worse off in the last 4 years.

Another little tidbit, 97% of the "angry" vote voted for mittens.

Why would I take it up with "them" if I asked you a specific question? lol How are the least educated and least financially stable, "better off" as reported by your stats? No "tidbits" needed here, just answers!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,355,580 times
It's pretty simple. Social liberalism to them trumps free market principles. Michael Barone would call these people "gentry liberals". Culture plays a role too. I would also add that many of these people benefit from government contracts,and Democrats are the party of government.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,300,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Whites collect in the 30% range of total welfare benefits while being about 70% of the overall population. That means they are well underrepresented on the welfare roles as a percentage of the population.

Are there Republicans on welfare? Undoubtedly. Though I suspect most of the whites receiving welfare are voting Democrat too.
Internet Link Please you say that whites collect 30% of the welfare benefits of the USA , that's not correct whites collect more than African American and they collect 30% your numbers are off..!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,081,824 times
Why do so many smart, rich people support the Democrats?

Because they are smart and rich.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,428,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why do so many smart, rich people support the Democrats?

Because they are smart and rich.
Quote:
My idea is that every specific body strives to become master over all space and to extend its force (--its will to power and to thrust back all that resists its extension. But it continually encounters similar efforts on the part of other bodies and ends by coming to an arrangement ("union") with those of them that are sufficiently related to it: thus they then conspire together for power. And the process goes on--

[Anything which] is a living and not a dying body... will have to be an incarnate will to power, it will strive to grow, spread, seize, become predominant - not from any morality or immorality but because it is living and because life simply is will to power... 'Exploitation'... belongs to the essence of what lives, as a basic organic function; it is a consequence of the will to power, which is after all the will to life.
The perspectives of Nietzsche

Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,081,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
It's pretty simple. Social liberalism to them trumps free market principles.
Only someone who doesn't understand either would make that kind of argument.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,428,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Why would I take it up with "them" if I asked you a specific question? lol How are the least educated and least financially stable, "better off" as reported by your stats? No "tidbits" needed here, just answers!
I speak slowly and use small words so even you can understand.

2012 general election exit poll question about economic conditions, 80% of the ppl that said they were worse off over the last four years voted for Romney. 19% of those claiming they were worse off voted for Obama.

2012 general election exit poll question about economic conditions, 84% of the ppl that said they were better off over the last four years voted for Obama. Only 15% of those that claimed they were better off voted for Romney.

In other words, most Obama voters are better off while most Romney voters are worse off over the last four years.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 PM

5,510 posts, read 5,712,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I speak slowly and use small words so even you can understand.

2012 general election exit poll question about economic conditions, 80% of the ppl that said they were worse off over the last four years voted for Romney. 19% of those claiming they were worse off voted for Obama.

2012 general election exit poll question about economic conditions, 84% of the ppl that said they were better off over the last four years voted for Obama. Only 15% of those that claimed they were better off voted for Romney.

In other words, most Obama voters are better off while most Romney voters are worse off over the last four years.
There's no need to speak slowly if you aren't saying anything.

Again, let's try to follow the bouncing ball here...

how are the least educated and least financially stable who supported Obama "better off?"

Let's leave the "tidbits" at home and get down to common sense.

Since you have failed to answer the question the first three times...I'll answer it for you...
the quick and easy answer is...they aren't.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,049,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So you're saying that all those software engineers pulling down six-figure salaries at Apple and Google are actually stupid?

OK then.
This is exactly why the Conservative movement is moving toward irrelevancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies