U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,657,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So you're saying that all those software engineers pulling down six-figure salaries at Apple and Google are actually stupid?

OK then.
It has been shown that college educated and upper income brackets are pretty even between Dem and Rep support.....

Don't let your bias show too much..... besides, Apple is a criminal organization which profits off of slave labor and yet you Libbies support it while hating Walmart..... Now THAT shows real intelligence .....and class (and hypocrisy as well....)

We also know that both Dems and Reps have huge numbers of uneducated idiots as well

This thread, in other words, is based on a false premise...... that is your implying that all educated people are Liberals

Personally, I don't care if the folks at Apple are D or R..... I would call them out to their faces for tolerating the practices of their **** company...... not that they are the only company who engages in bad business practice of course, but since you hold them up as some great company, it stands to reason that they would be the ones mentioned here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,639,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Are you bitter that you couldn't get into college?

Or do you consider your degree meaningless since you were taught by a bunch of fakes?
I thankfully don't have a liberal arts degree. My degrees are actually useful.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,768,458 times
College educated folks tend to have better understanding of reality and have open minds, not backward a$$ ideas.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,657,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
College educated folks tend to have better understanding of reality and have open minds, not backward a$$ ideas.
Only in a sick twisted progressive mind would hard work, family and decency be considered "backward" ideas. Those are the foundation of many conservatives..... and many minorities as well

Thanks for showing us your true colors

Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM

8,199 posts, read 6,134,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Only in a sick twisted progressive mind would hard work, family and decency be considered "backward" ideas. Those are the foundation of many conservatives..... and many minorities as well

I read in one of the lefty rags recently (I think it was The Nation) that self-reliance is a selfish, out-dated characteristic. That was when I knew 100% that the country through and will continue to deteriorate from here on out.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM

733 posts, read 530,440 times
Alot of people in IT are of a libertarian persuasion in their social life, and frankly the Democrats have more room for social libertarianism than Republicans, who are in bed with the religious right.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,057,613 times
Quote:
I am not a particularly political person most of the time but I do tend to vote democrat. It is outrageously insulting that you think that conservatives are the only ones in this country that value hard work, family and decency. It is that sort of nasty condescention towards their fellow citizens that has led America to reject the right.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM

15,810 posts, read 8,828,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I am not a particularly political person most of the time but I do tend to vote democrat. It is outrageously insulting that you think that conservatives are the only ones in this country that value hard work, family and decency. It is that sort of nasty condescention towards their fellow citizens that has led America to reject the right.
Exactly!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,768,458 times
Quote:

You sound pretty twisted yourself! What, only conservatives place value in family and hard work? What about the rest of the population? I get it, if we are not GOP, we must be the 47%. Your message is the same as flip flopping Mitt. No wonder he got destroyed in the election!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM

518 posts, read 341,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Just like every other reason someone supports an action or regulation. It won't affect them and the people who they compete against it might. It's crony capitalism in its worst form and it allows people who pay tons of money to accountants to skirt taxes while those they have to compete against can't afford floors and floors of accountants at their headquarters.

You know, it's like "stimulus" when you know you'll be the primary recipient of stimulus funds and your competition -- whether you disagree with them politically, in the case of Obama's stimulus, or you disagree with them being able to compete against you because they've become a global conglomerate that can't compete with nimble newcomers -- won't.
Oh this is rich. Support rigged supreme court decisions that basically call corporations people and allow unlimited tonnes of cash to be dumped into an election - then turn around and complain about crony capitalism. This stuff can't be made up.

D: "Let's play a tennis match on grass."

R: "No way, lib, I say we play it on clay."

D: "Uh okay."

<Dem wins 6-0, 6-0, 6-0>

R: Hey you sunofa....I wanna do over. You cheated. We play on grass, I say!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies