U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,637,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Oh this is rich. Support rigged supreme court decisions that basically call corporations people and allow unlimited tonnes of cash to be dumped into an election - then turn around and complain about crony capitalism. This stuff can't be made up.

D: "Let's play a tennis match on grass."

R: "No way, lib, I say we play it on clay."

D: "Uh okay."

<Dem wins 6-0, 6-0, 6-0>

R: Hey you sunofa....I wanna do over. You cheated. We play on grass, I say!"
D control congress but not the presidency: "The economy is Bush's fault"

D control the presidency but lose congress: "The economy is obstructionist Republican congressmens' fault"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,866,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
They get brainwashed by college profs that couldn't hold a real job.
Parroting a dumb Fox talking point is a good indication of brainwashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Why do so many smart, rich people support the Democrats?
Maybe some rich people support the Democrats, but I don't think the smart people do.
* Ah, more proof. The teabaggers are the smart ones. Sure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Only in a sick twisted progressive mind would hard work, family and decency be considered "backward" ideas. Those are the foundation of many conservatives..... and many minorities as well
Thanks for showing us your true colors
Parroting a dumb Fox talking point at face value is so typical on this forum. So easy and undemanding, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I read in one of the lefty rags recently (I think it was The Nation) that self-reliance is a selfish, out-dated characteristic. That was when I knew 100% that the country through and will continue to deteriorate from here on out.
Oh, you "read" such an opinion, but cannot link it for some reason.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,847,901 times
The (R)etards are really misunderstanding all this.

We do not so much "support Obama," or Democrats, per se.

We just really, really, dislike Romney and you.

Does that make more sense?

Just trying to help.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 AM

13,982 posts, read 10,924,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post

Just trying to help.
lol...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 AM

4,189 posts, read 4,398,526 times
High tech companies such as Apple and Google have been pretty much left alone by the Democrats when it comes to anti-trust regulations and taxes. So, no naturally the "word goes out" in those companies to support the Democrats. If the Democrats went after Google, which they should, those people working at those companies would be singing a different tune.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 AM

29,041 posts, read 45,029,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I suspect many of the rich are those people who live in Hollywood and are totally uneducated except for going to some acting school. Uneducated rich people, the black population that possibly is mostly uneducated in real world affairs, and the union members are who got Obama elected. People who are on the 'government take' (includes not only welfare recipients but government employees also) are not going to vote for someone who wants them to actually work for the wages they get. Government workers do not produce anything, no product of any kind, they are no more than a drain on the taxpayers. As for the black population, the black man in this video clip says it all: http://www.youtube.com/v/F0sk4yGaEk8&hl=en_US&fs=1&
Well, then you are suspecting wrong. Did you happen to notice the article is speaking of Silicon Valley - not Hollywood/LA or Oakland? I happen to live in Silicon Valley, and most of the rich Democrats here are HIGHLY educated, gainfully employed (or retired), and work harder than most of the whiny RWNJs. There are very few "celebrities" around here, and the number of pro athletes is hardly enough to skew our percentages - and yet something like 70% of this region votes Dem. Why? I think the answer is in my first descriptor, highly educated.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post

Just trying to help.
Yeah, that too! I'm no "Obama worshiper" - far from it, in fact I usually identify as Independent-Libertarianish and strongly considered voting for Johnson. But as I was telling my family the other day, I voted for Obama simply to take my popular vote (since electoral is moot here in CA) AWAY from Romney. It was less of a vote for Dems, and more of a vote against the alternative.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Maybe some rich people support the Democrats, but I don't think the smart people do.
And again, you would be wrong. Some of the smartest people I know vote Dem, and I'm not just talking about people with fancy degrees... people with actual intelligence, in both the book and street variety. And not to brag, but my IQ is Mensa-qualifying and I voted for Obama.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 AM

39,257 posts, read 20,356,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
D control congress but not the presidency: "The economy is Bush's fault"

D control the presidency but lose congress: "The economy is obstructionist Republican congressmens' fault"
Call republicans obstructionist go ahead lol.

Whenever you wish higher taxes on your neighbor for vengeance, remember we have what you want, we also have our own form of vengeance. If you think obstructionism is so obvious wait until you feel what we will quietly but oh so effectively do in return. It's not that we want to BUT we WILL if forced.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 AM

5,313 posts, read 7,574,397 times
Over educated and under sensed.

Some live life from a textbook, others go out and experience.

Simple as that.

You can read about how something should work all you want and that's fine for math and science. Pretty black and white. Social issues, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies