Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times

Advertisements

Make note the FICA rate has been 7.65% since 1990. Prior to that it went up approx every two years or so. Ooops last year it went down to 5.65%. So that means even LESS money into the kitty.

Historical Social Security and FICA Tax Rates for a Family of Four
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM

25 posts, read 29,153 times
I honestly view FICA as just another part of the federal income tax that I have to pay, I know that I'll never see a dime from it by the time I reach retirement age. Even if there is a reduction in benefits, at least the baby boomers will actually get to see some of the money.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,809,985 times
The boomers will be remembered as the generation who's selfishness wrecked America. They have voted for tax cutting politicians their entire lives and now as a result our country is falling apart and deep in debt because they don't understand that building a great country costs money.

We have the lowest tax rate in the western world and they still think it is too high, but hey, at least we bombed a bunch of countries with the Visa card.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You need to ask for a refund of your college tuition.

Boomers have had "skin in the game" every single ****ing day of their lives. Your generation was the one that grew up thinking they didn't have to worry about anything because it was all handed to you on a silver platter.
I have to agree.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Quit acting like things were so tough in the 1960s and 70s. Fact is, you elected the bums who got us 10 trillion into debt. Now you want to kick the can down the road onto the backs of my generation. You're leaving my generation with a worse America than the one you grew up with, it's not even close. Millenials are the first generation where they will be less well off than their parents.
Quit crying..... your generation voted for Obama because MTV trash told you too...... your generation has bad fashion, thinks Jersey Shore is good TV, and listen to crap music. Half of this generation is so glued to their I Pod and cell phone texting while on opiates and other drugs that you have no idea about the world around you. All this explains how someone like Obama and his handlers could so easily dupe you

Your generation has no business expecting a say in anything until you pull your heads out of your behinds and actually start to think for yourselves

Oh, and I am in my late 20's and many people think this way of this current generation, not just baby boomers

Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,960 times
I wonder what the little crybabys would do if thier entire generation were drafted and sent to kill overseas.We boomers never had it as good as the spoiled brat generation. Go renew your student loans and shut up.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,809,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I wonder what the little crybabys would do if thier entire generation were drafted and sent to kill overseas.We boomers never had it as good as the spoiled brat generation. Go renew your student loans and shut up.
The problem is that you have spent our future on yourselves.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Quit crying..... your generation voted for Obama because MTV trash told you too...... your generation has bad fashion, thinks Jersey Shore is good TV, and listen to crap music. Half of this generation is so glued to their I Pod and cell phone texting while on opiates and other drugs that you have no idea about the world around you. All this explains how someone like Obama and his handlers could so easily dupe you

Your generation has no business expecting a say in anything until you pull your heads out of your behinds and actually start to think for yourselves

Oh, and I am in my late 20's and many people think this way of this current generation, not just baby boomers
Voted for Obama? I did no such thing? 10 trillion dollars of national debt belongs to the baby boomers and it shall be taken out of their social security and medicare with this cliff. Seems like a fair deal.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The problem is that you have spent our future on yourselves.
Read my previous posts .I am in my 60's work my a$$ off as a carpenter have no retirement,got drafted in 1969 and I spent your future?????? get a life .

Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The baby boomers are the ones who got us into this mess and they're trying to kick the can down the road onto my generation. Now boomers will have to pay up in reduced social security and medicare benefits, in addition to higher taxes on income (as some are still working obviously). The ones who benefited the most from our fiscal wrecklesness will pay the most. Fair is fair.
Are you one of the "Everyone's a winner" crowd ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies