Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times

Advertisements

The baby boomers are the ones who got us into this mess and they're trying to kick the can down the road onto my generation. Now boomers will have to pay up in reduced social security and medicare benefits, in addition to higher taxes on income (as some are still working obviously). The ones who benefited the most from our fiscal wrecklesness will pay the most. Fair is fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The baby boomers are the ones who got us into this mess and they're trying to kick the can down the road onto my generation. Now boomers will have to pay up in reduced social security and medicare benefits, in addition to higher taxes on income (as some are still working obviously). The ones who benefited the most from our fiscal wrecklesness will pay the most. Fair is fair.
You need to ask for a refund of your college tuition.

Boomers have had "skin in the game" every single ****ing day of their lives. Your generation was the one that grew up thinking they didn't have to worry about anything because it was all handed to you on a silver platter.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:47 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Boomers have had "skin in the game" every single ****ing day of their lives. Your generation was the one that grew up thinking they didn't have to worry about anything because it was all handed to you on a silver platter.

Well said.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:

Quit acting like things were so tough in the 1960s and 70s. Fact is, you elected the bums who got us 10 trillion into debt. Now you want to kick the can down the road onto the backs of my generation. You're leaving my generation with a worse America than the one you grew up with, it's not even close. Millenials are the first generation where they will be less well off than their parents.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Wait until you get older and your kids and grandkids see the mess YOU left them with lol.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
No. You got yourself into this mess and just voted to keep yourselves in this mess.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Quit acting like things were so tough in the 1960s and 70s. Fact is, you elected the bums who got us 10 trillion into debt. Now you want to kick the can down the road onto the backs of my generation. You're leaving my generation with a worse America than the one you grew up with, it's not even close. Millenials are the first generation where they will be less well off than their parents.

The only reason it may be worse is we now see that we should have been more serious about birth control.

Let me ask you, gowing up how many recessions did you experience or is this one is the first?

What's the interest rate on your car loan? Your college loan, if any? Your mortgage, if any? Chances are that they're 1/2 to 2/3 what we had to pay?

What was the minimum SAT score to get into college for you? 1100 out of 1600 would get you a provisional acceptance 40 years ago.

What's your draft number? When can you expect to go? Did you use a college exemption? How did you do in your required ROTC class?

Instead of supposedly kicking the can down the road we should have kicked your asses down the road.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
I agree it sucks to be you:

Youth Voting Stats « YDA – Young Democrats of America
Quote:
Young voters are trending Democratic. Young people are identifying as Democrats, supporting the party’s issues, and casting ballots for Democratic candidates at the polls.

• In 2012, Millenial voters favored Democrats for the House of Representatives by a 21 point margin.

• Barack Obama won among young voters by 24 points in a head-to-head matchup with Mitt Romney, 60-36%.

• In the 2008 election, John McCain had a net negative approval rating among young voters; 49% view him negatively with only 30% viewing him favorably. Additionally, 50% have a negative view of the Republican Party, and a whopping 69% view President Bush negatively.

• Democrats have an 18 point advantage in party identification. 44% of Millenials identify as Democrats.

• In 2010, young voters ages 18-29 supported Democratic House Candidates by an impressive 57%, nine points higher than the voting-age population as a whole.

• Young African-Americans, young Hispanics, and young women are particularly inclined to support Democrats, both on the generic ballot and when asked about specific candidates. Young independents, young white men, and even young evangelicals all favor Democrats.

• Young voters support Democrats on the issues. Young people are rejecting the failed policies of the Bush Administration and support Democrats on every key issue. The economy and the war in Iraq top the list of concerns among young voters.
but you may want to have a word with your peers

Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
I as a boomer say kiss my blank crybaby. suport yourself you baby.I am having a hard time working like a 20 year old at 60 yrs plus as a carpenter. Never mind the new enlightend generation don't work in the trades they hire Mexicans.So spend all your time figuring out how to blame me and my generation for your lack of motivation and marketable skills.I have worked 25 10 hour days in a row with only TG off and don't need your whinning. your dream is out there go find it.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:

Well said. The boomers paid the rate hikes and didn't complain. They paid their fair share as the yute squealers like to call it and now are expected to make up for the ones who are too lazy to go pay anything. It's beyond pathetic. Hell these whiners get a payroll tax reduction and still whine. Oblivious to anything that is going on around em is all and demanding more from others. Skin in the game. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies