U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM

66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"Free markets" are touted by the wealthy and monied classes. You know, the ones you apparently get paid to shill for.
I'm not wealthy OR monied. I am a small business owner who would fall in the group on which taxes are being raised. And there are a LOT more people like me who would be impacted negatively by a tax increase than there are of the "wealthy and monied" with which you ignorantly and mistakenly label people like us. Class warfare will come back to bite you all in the butt when you choke small businesses who hire a significant number of employees to death with your unrelenting "gimme, gimme" greed.
Quote:
Again, for all your griping about the rich paying too much, you don't see how they RUN THINGS in the government!
Total BS. If they ran things in the government it would be THEY who paid no federal income tax. That doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM

1,609 posts, read 913,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Your beef was with people who have paid off homes losing their homes because they don't pay taxes.

People who own properties in a municipality and don't pay taxes are leeches on municipal services.

In Florida, a person has a right of redemption on a tax sale, but at an interest rate highly favorable to investors. Again, it takes a REALLY absentee owner to lose their home over what is often a couple thousand bucks.

"Free markets" are touted by the wealthy and monied classes. You know, the ones you apparently get paid to shill for. The monied classes have no loyalty to country, only to money.

Again, for all your griping about the rich paying too much, you don't see how they RUN THINGS in the government!

The rest of your blather has been addressed by sensible people who understand our American Constitution.

Also, you don't believe government had ANYTHING to do with the 1950s prosperity? I wonder how many families current generational wealth can be traced back to a grandfather who "got straight" in the military, and then used a GI Bill when they got home to get an education?
What a very disingenuous comparison...THE GOVERNMENT HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO THE MILITARY PEOPLE THEY SEND TO WAR TO PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINES FOR US!!!!

That's one h*ll of a lot of mega-miles removed for the rest of the crap the government provides.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM

41,505 posts, read 51,222,776 times
Default Small business owner?

If you are a business owner earning more then 250k that is not a small business. That is a pretty darn nice business.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,612,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not wealthy OR monied. I am a small business owner who would fall in the group on which taxes are being raised.
Certainly, you must be aware that it has been years since anybody was able to take a single claim you make here at face value.

Right?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Certainly, you must be aware that it has been years since anybody was able to take a single claim you make here at face value.

Right?
Believe what you wish. You voted for Obama. That tells me all I need to know about your lack of critical thinking skills.

For reference, these are the federal tax forms I file every year...

Schedule A
Schedule B
Schedule C
Schedule D
Schedule E
Schedule SE
Form 4562
Form 4797
Form 6251
Form 8582
Form 8801

For 2011, I paid an effective federal income tax rate of 31.158%

Last edited by InformedConsent; 12-03-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 PM

9,856 posts, read 13,390,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you are a business owner earning more then 250k that is not a small business. That is a pretty darn nice business.
Size standards for small business status varies greatly by industry, but you are classified as a small business based on annual receipts (in $) or by number of employees. The numbers can be anywhere from $750k - $35M in annual receipts, and anywhere from 100-1500 employees, depending on the industry the business is in.

You do realize that 'small business' has a real definition, don't you? Read up on it here

Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,612,128 times
Quote:
Believe what you wish.
Alas... I gave up wishing for things many, many years ago. Now I believe what the evidence demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
You voted for Obama.
That's President of the United States Obama to you!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Alas... I gave up wishing for things many, many years ago.
That's because you're an Obama supporter.

As I've already posted...
Quote:
You voted for Obama. That tells me all I need to know about your lack of critical thinking skills.

Schedule A
Schedule B
Schedule C
Schedule D
Schedule E
Schedule SE
Form 4562
Form 4797
Form 6251
Form 8582
Form 8801

As you can see, most of my meager wealth is invested in my business. I don't have sheltered income.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM

3,448 posts, read 2,670,505 times
well...no one seems to understand you need a balanced approach. This idea to raise the tax on people making over 250 which is not a huge amount of money against operation expense's is absolutely ridiculous when, the whole consequence rears its ugly head on the economy both by buis development and employment opportunities.

The amount it would bring home was mentioned by Obama's point man yesterday on the news. He gave a 10 year figure...ok..?
He knows very well that the only way he could make the significance sound like a player is to give a 10 yr figure against all the discussions which are being proposed generally in 1 year approximations....further

Look you guys....the amount ok...that Obama is claiming will be realized with this tax is worse then a guess. Buis will do what they do best every day all day in their financial dept..and that means figure out a way to avoid tax by structure and many other creative ways to manipulate their chief objective toward profit. Theres NO WAY even 40% of what he's expecting will even be seen... ok example....some guy makes 260....guess what he makes next year...and many other schemes ...people will not let Obama dictate to them.....thats not how people think

This increase will only award the gov about 7 days operating expense for the whole year, and at the same time cut directly into a setting which will right away shut down economic growth. Money needs to move around, you can't cut a deficit like this down trying to PAY IT BY NICKEL AND DIME.....CUTTING OUT ALL ORIGINS FOR GROWTH

When these guys say ...loopholes....what they are referring to is the REAL tax or contribution tool the rich abuse, that is where the real money is, not these rinky dinky 4 points.

This guy, Obamas accountant is quiting in the new year...ok. He's a banker and an economist. If you watch him, he very well knows his assignment is utter BS. These guys are not just finance guys ok...they are also salesman with lots of marketing in their belt...its part of the job...lying and saying this is what is good, is part of their day. Just like S Rice ...he's laying out a pile of junk and he knows it.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-03-2012 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Believe what you wish. You voted for Obama. That tells me all I need to know about your lack of critical thinking skills.

Schedule A
Schedule B
Schedule C
Schedule D
Schedule E
Schedule SE
Form 4562
Form 4797
Form 6251
Form 8582
Form 8801

Add to that property taxes, state income taxes, etc., etc. You all can surmise by that info that I am a TAX SLAVE for at least 4 months of every year, no?

I'm pulling the plug after this year. You liberals can go to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies