Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,155,637 times

Advertisements

I am sure that many of you people remember not so long ago when the controversy of whether or not cell phones could give a person brain tumors floated around on the news. Well according to some new studies there may be more evidence for this. It isn't just the cell phone next to your head, it is also the growing number of cell phone, radio, tv, and other communications towers that are emitting RF radiation.

More and more each day our bodies are being saturated with low (and sometimes high) levels of radio frequencies from things like Wi-Fi networks, cell phones, microwaves, etc... and the Federal Communications Commission seems to be underscoring the impact of this.

The FCC places limits on what each transmission tower can output, but almost never reverifies these things after the tower goes online.

Do you think the FCC does more to protect the people or protect business interest?

The following article is excellent reading, albeit a bit alarmist in my opinion. Still has some very good information.

The Radiation Poisoning Of America

Medical science illustrates that there are two ways to die from radiation poisoning: Fast burn and slow burn. Nuclear flash-burned Japanese had parts of their flesh melt off before they died in agony within hours or days. People have also quickly died after walking through powerful radar beams, which can microwave-cook internal organs within seconds of exposure.

Slow-burn radiation mechanisms are cumulative, progressive, ongoing and continual. Thousands of Japanese nuke bomb victims died painfully years after exposure. The slow burn process of RF/microwave exposure is manifested by cancer clusters commonly found in communities irradiated by cell tower transmitters. Recent Swedish epidemiological studies confirm that, after 2,000 hours of cellular phone exposure, or a latency period of about 10 years, brain cancer risk rises by 240 percent.11

Communications antennas now blast the human habitat with many different electromagnetic frequencies simultaneously. Human DNA hears this energetic cacophony loud and clear, reacting like the human ear would to high volume country music, R&B plus rock and roll screaming from the same speaker. Irradiated cells struggle to protect themselves against this destructive dissonance by hardening their membranes. They cease to receive nourishment, stop releasing toxins, die prematurely and spill micronuclei fragments into a sort of "tumor bank account." This is precisely how microwave radiation prematurely ages living tissues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,600,304 times
Is there any place left on the planet that we are safe from our own creations?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 AM

512 posts, read 1,561,393 times
Yes and I know just the place:

Old 10-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Is there any place left on the planet that we are safe from our own creations?
Apparently it is getting harder to find places as seen in the pictures below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
Yes and I know just the place:
I just knew there was a picture of Dick Cheney in his hidden bunker!

Creative ways to hide cell towers today.

Google Image Result for http://www.mindfully.org/Technology/2004/Cell-Tower-Camouflage2feb04.jpg

Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,961,508 times
Fascinating topic - is anyone studying this today?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Fascinating topic - is anyone studying this today?
Good question, but being "waves" are invisible, they are easily dismissed and silliness heresy, after all, can't see it, it isn't really there.

I did a quick read of the article I posted before this and it seems the FCC isn't exactly motivated, nor is any health dept. as to whether or not the level of RF exposure people receive today is really that bad. From what I gather, the folks over in Europe are up in arms demanding more study done on the subject which seems reasonable to me.

Between all the stay RF waves, chemicals used in day to day life, the preservatives we eat in our daily food, it is actually quite a testament that we live as long as we do.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,136,888 times
It is also possible that cell phone usage in a hospital can someday kill you. Cause of death might be a little difficult to explain, but the lawyers may get a little excited from the potential income:

ScienceDaily: Study finds cell phone risks in hospitals (http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.php?feed=Science&article=UPI-1-20070907-02014800-bc-britain-cellrisks.xml - broken link)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
It is also possible that cell phone usage in a hospital can someday kill you. Cause of death might be a little difficult to explain, but the lawyers may get a little excited from the potential income:

ScienceDaily: Study finds cell phone risks in hospitals (http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.php?feed=Science&article=UPI-1-20070907-02014800-bc-britain-cellrisks.xml - broken link)
Yikes, I have never even really considered that.

Have you ever heard of a program that used to be on with a guy named James Burke ( I believe ) called "Connections" where he showed how various things were related and connected, leading from one place or event to another?

Well there was an episode where he held up a small black relay that was used by power transmission industry, the function was that if power overloaded a line it would switch over the load to the next line. Well in any event, this was what led to the blackout during the 1970's were places like NY city were left in total darkness for hours. The result was that when entire sections of the country were without power for but a few hours, it regress into riots, looting and such. It seems our reliance on technology and complex things should be given a bit more consideration.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,136,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
It seems our reliance on technology and complex things should be given a bit more consideration.

No doubt about it, the lack of critical analysis of much of this stuff is startling, and very scary in terms of potential medical implications. If one were paranoid, they could think this was an attempt to fix the SS funding issue over the long term.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
No doubt about it, the lack of critical analysis of much of this stuff is startling, and very scary in terms of potential medical implications. If one were paranoid, they could think this was an attempt to fix the SS funding issue over the long term.
Good grief man, don't give attorney's any ideas.

If you ever get some free time, I found that episode of Connections with James Burke on youtube. I think you may appreciate it if you are even remotely interested in how science changes society. In my opinion this was one of the greatest series ever presented on TV, loved it!

YouTube - Connections, Episode 1 Part 1 of 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies