Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM

613 posts, read 1,052,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I live in a heavily Democratic city and I can't tell you how many times I've been attacked in this town for being white. I can't tell you because it's never ****ing happened. Really guys, grow up.
You live in Mass. The only non-white people you see is on tv. Guy I grew up there so stop the theatrics

Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,859,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerspicaciousE View Post
So I guess no white male here was offended by that commercial for Cheerios when the wife basically (and smuggly may I add) insinuated her husband was an idiot for not reading the Cheerios box or the commercial for Bourson Cheese where the white boyfriend gets snacks for his girlfriend's party and she snidly remarks "you got it right, THIS time".

The issue isn't about power shifts. It is about how the media mocks white men as stupid.

As a white woman I find this insulting. If I were a white man, I would find it über insulting

I will preface that I am not offended, but how about every commercial where the black guy is the smart one and the white guy is the bumbling fool? Or, how about when the media wants to show a mixed couple, so they show a black guy with an Asian girl.....why not an Asian guy with a white girl or black girl. I crack up and think, "what kind of idiots are making these commercials?".

Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,409,839 times
Default The Democrat's War on White Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's not just the Democrats who openly oppose white males but the mainstream media is full of anti-white bigotry of late.

I wonder if any liberals on this site will admit to what's become so obvious in the years since Obama was elected?

How progressive is it, really, to racially attack one group in order to elevate another?

Articles: Target: Old White Men
While modern society prides itself on being unbiased, it's no exception to the rule that every age has its fashionable prejudices -- and unfashionable people. Among the latter today are white men, and the closer they are to "dead white male" status, to use a favored leftist descriptive, the greater the disdain in which they're held.

Thus do we see sneering at "old white men." Earlier this year, Senator Harry Reid -- one well acquainted through experience with old-white-male machinations -- complained of "angry old white men" who bankroll conservative causes. More recently, the old-white-media paper the Guardian published a piece about America's changing demographics titled, in part, "No country for angry old white men...." Ah, yes, it's not just that they're old, white, and men, that Triad of Turpitude. They're "angry," too. So just dismiss them out of hand, with their agenda born of blinding, irrational hatred. It's another example of projection, from the group (leftists) that makes intellect-clouding emotionalism an art.
I'm an old white guy.

And I'm angry, too.

Angry for all those years I voted for and supported the GOP only to see them drive America into the ditch. And then try to shift the blame and follow that up with blocking all attempts at recovery.

I'm wiser than that now.

The Dems don't scare me.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM

12,897 posts, read 13,576,564 times
J.A. Rodgers wrote an insightful book titled "From Superman to Man" in 1917. It deals with a Southern, powerful, upper class White man and how he comes to terms with his superman status as it is slowly being redefined as just "man." The book although fiction, is a Harlem Renaissance classic and I doubt that the author thought that wealthy, white, Southern men would still be coming to terms with their new status nearly 100 years after he wrote the book.

Some Americans will try to cling white knuckled to the notion of superiority as if they let go they will fall into an abyss.
Men over Women, White over people of color, Wealthy over the working class, Blue Blood over the mongrel, Evangelical over the Heathen, educated over the ignorant. Obama's tenure is attacking all of the long held notions of superiority not just White men.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,180,493 times
Quote:
It's not just the Democrats who openly oppose white males but the mainstream media is full of anti-white bigotry of late.

I wonder if any liberals on this site will admit to what's become so obvious in the years since Obama was elected?

How progressive is it, really, to racially attack one group in order to elevate another?

While modern society prides itself on being unbiased, it's no exception to the rule that every age has its fashionable prejudices -- and unfashionable people. Among the latter today are white men, and the closer they are to "dead white male" status, to use a favored leftist descriptive, the greater the disdain in which they're held.

Thus do we see sneering at "old white men." Earlier this year, Senator Harry Reid -- one well acquainted through experience with old-white-male machinations -- complained of "angry old white men" who bankroll conservative causes. More recently, the old-white-media paper the Guardian published a piece about America's changing demographics titled, in part, "No country for angry old white men...." Ah, yes, it's not just that they're old, white, and men, that Triad of Turpitude. They're "angry," too. So just dismiss them out of hand, with their agenda born of blinding, irrational hatred. It's another example of projection, from the group (leftists) that makes intellect-clouding emotionalism an art.

Your article comes from a nut job site. Wear your tin foil.

I am white and old some say i and i like myself and my white old guy friends. Who are you talkng about?

Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,273,973 times
Quote:

Lol, Hey, Harry Reid a rich old white man hates old rich white men. The democratic party dominated in its leadership by old rich white men hates white men. Conservatives are liars.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,813,596 times
As far as TV the dumb white guys on comedies tend to make more money than the gals depicting their smart wives.

The only thing I ask for as a white guy is equal protection under the law.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,426,862 times
I'm a 48-year-old white man, and I don't feel attacked by the Democrats at all.

Maybe I'm not old enough.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,412,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

I'm wiser than that now.
I would beg to differ

Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,813,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I would beg to differ
He has obviously lost a few brain cells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies