U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 PM
 
36,879 posts, read 16,377,496 times
Reputation: 9925

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You just wrote a pretty strong indictment against old white men. Good job, Sour.
Where did he mention old white men? Or is that what he is and so you are stereotyping them all? Typical of the left.

 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,298 posts, read 11,541,269 times
Reputation: 4315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did he mention old white men? Or is that what he is and so you are stereotyping them all? Typical of the left.
The person he responded to set up his response in a way that makes it seem as if he is reflecting how government is run by whites at this moment and saying that blacks will run it the same way, THAT or the person he is responding to is saying that only black people are corrupt.

either way, its not his assumption, it is the assumption of the person he responded to, So how is it stereotyping to simply come to one of the 2 logical conclusions of his post.

If you believe there is some 3rd possible conclusion to what that person was saying, please post it.

its kind of funny that you claim he is stereotyping while you stereotype him. pot meet kettle.
 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,040,585 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't have a victim complex so you can stop that nonsense right now. Don't let the black man hold you down? I have never felt that way. I have all the respect in the world for my fellow black Americans. You're barkng up the wrong tree here. This topic is about the war on white men by the Democrats. I would argue that is my mostly self-hating white Democrats that are doing that.
Yeah so what is this war on white men about? Some guy mentioned old white men and the GOP or something? Oh no, give me a tissue. I swear everything is a "war" these days with you guys.

Yeah, it's a fact that the major demographic of the GOP is old white men. It's not racism or bigotry to say that, it's just a fact.

And I wouldn't describe myself or most white guys as self-hating. Please explain that statement for me, because I don't want to argue against a point you're not trying to make.
 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,453,229 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Latino/South American

Uruguay
Paraguay
Brazil
Argentina

Black-

The Bahamas
Tanzania
Trinidad and Tobago
Montserrat
Cayman Islands
Bermuda
Anguilla
Turks and Caicos Islands


I backed it up War Chihuahua.
The examples actually make his case stronger.
 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,453,229 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What the hell are you talking about? You don't know me and I don't have a thing against my fellow black Americans. Yet you make false accusations about me? What is wrong with you? I am a conservative therefore I won't vote for any Democrat regardless of his race. I really liked Herman Cain for the Republican ticket (and he is fully black, not half black like Obama) and wished that scandal hadn't ruined his chance to be president. You lefties makes me sick with your false accusations and race baiting. Grow up already!
Oldglory, It's called White disenfranchisement. It is insidious and intentional. You're not imagining it. You can tell from the mocking tones of many of these replies that they feel they have "the whip hand over you." Your sincerity just makes them laugh harder.
 
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,474 posts, read 14,382,943 times
Reputation: 15873
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The person he responded to set up his response in a way that makes it seem as if he is reflecting how government is run by whites at this moment and saying that blacks will run it the same way, THAT or the person he is responding to is saying that only black people are corrupt.

either way, its not his assumption, it is the assumption of the person he responded to, So how is it stereotyping to simply come to one of the 2 logical conclusions of his post.

If you believe there is some 3rd possible conclusion to what that person was saying, please post it.

its kind of funny that you claim he is stereotyping while you stereotype him. pot meet kettle.
I'm the guy who wrote the response.
You got it right in your first sentence. Sour D obviously didn't see that he was damning the current white leadership with his words, and implied the black folks were itching at the chance to do the same things as the whites are doing now.

It wasn't hard to come to my conclusion. All you have to do is read Sour's post. As a fact, the Republican party's base is now old white men, so I just took Sour's post to it's logical conclusion. So did some others who gave me a couple of points soon afterwards.

Corruption, committing crimes with no penalty, and running things into the ground all have nothing racial about them. Folks of any race are equally tempted to do all that stuff if they have the mindset that allows them to happen.

As an example, I present the Arizona state legislature. It is comprised of a majority that is chock full of old white people, guys and gals, who are very busy attempting to do all the things Sour mentioned. A state that sells it's capitol building and then rents it back is not in the best collective mental health, I believe. But it is an obvious example of what "running things into the ground" that Sour mentioned.

And, after all, it wasn't an Arizona Republican who ended up with a bullet in her head, with a dozen dead surrounding her. If the Democrats are "waging a war", it isn't being done with lethal weapons.
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 AM
 
36,879 posts, read 16,377,496 times
Reputation: 9925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Yeah so what is this war on white men about? Some guy mentioned old white men and the GOP or something? Oh no, give me a tissue. I swear everything is a "war" these days with you guys.

Yeah, it's a fact that the major demographic of the GOP is old white men. It's not racism or bigotry to say that, it's just a fact.

And I wouldn't describe myself or most white guys as self-hating. Please explain that statement for me, because I don't want to argue against a point you're not trying to make.
LOL! Yet the Democrats claim that there is a war on women and minorities by the Republicans. Pot, kettle, black!

Please provide a link showing that the majority of the GOP is made up of old white men. Would it be wrong to claim that the Democrats are mostly consisted of minorities and bleeding heart liberals? So what is the point of this unless you find old white men as being something negative? You just proved your own bigotry by making that statement.

There are many self-hating whites who feel guilty about the past as in the racism towards blacks and other minorities and some so-called stolen land from the native indians. Why feel guilty by race? Unless you played a role in those things personally why feel guilty about what someone else did just because you share the same skin color? It is ridiculous!
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 AM
 
Location: On the Group W bench
5,576 posts, read 3,608,848 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Oldglory, It's called White disenfranchisement. It is insidious and intentional. You're not imagining it. You can tell from the mocking tones of many of these replies that they feel they have "the whip hand over you." Your sincerity just makes them laugh harder.
LOLOLOL, you're worried about "disenfranchisement", you poor widdle thing. White men have OWNED the "franchise" since Adam, and here in the 21st century you've got your panties all in a twist because minorities and women are finally catching up.

Newsflash: Just because some folks are FINALLY gaining the "franchise" that you've always had, it doesn't mean you're being disenfranchised. Get. Over. Yourself.
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
 
1,229 posts, read 983,708 times
Reputation: 666
No war but if you want to be the angry old white guy telling everyone to get off your lawn and you want to return the days of 1950 then you will be left in the cold. Get on board, we are moving to national health care progresive ideas where gays have rights to live in peace and marry, where women don't have to be assaulted by some religious nut who loves a tub of goo more than a real child. I think if you watch John Hage and Pat Robertson and Jim Swaggart ect you will see a lot of hate.
 
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
 
36,879 posts, read 16,377,496 times
Reputation: 9925
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Oldglory, It's called White disenfranchisement. It is insidious and intentional. You're not imagining it. You can tell from the mocking tones of many of these replies that they feel they have "the whip hand over you." Your sincerity just makes them laugh harder.
I have several of these race baiters on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top