U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM

21,660 posts, read 11,132,190 times

Advertisements

Obama's war is on rich white people . Obama heard it all from the pulpit of Reverend Wright who contantly beat the drum of rich whites, white privilege, po blacks and division and created resentment.. Obama's spread the wealth around is the division of class, and also race. Obama and his remarks that white CEO's don't care about the poor are quite telling .. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM

21,660 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You did not mention the fact that the media is also owned and run by white men
Well tell them to knock off the liberal communist garbage they push as they back Obama's image.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,500,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
...So White males are 'privileged' because they're not disproportionately represented in per capita crime statics?

Only in America...
I guess you only want to see what is not there If you want look at it in a bizarro way ok, I'm game. Truthfully the biggest and most damaging criminals in this country all wear thousand dollar suits which are worn by many wealthy white males

If you want to consider being able to walk down Main St USA with a three piece suit on and not scare the bejesus out of some little white old lady as having white privilege is fine with me as well.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well tell them to knock off the liberal communist garbage they push as they back Obama's image.
I will if you would tell faux to quit scaring the stupid and ill-informed people

Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM

48,220 posts, read 45,519,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is not due to White people. That is due to crime statistics/demographics.
Sadly there's nothing you can personally do to change that.
Here is a question for you to think about. I can relate to simetime. I'm Black and I've been subjected to being viewed with suspicion. I've actually walked into a bookstore dressed in a suit, and I was still viewed with suspicion. I know that crime statistics don't help. That being said, there are still many bigoted and biased people out there, and that hasn't changed. The prejudice is just hidden a little more. Prejudice is just changing forms.

I can only take care of me at this point. I have been doing my part. What else am I suppose to do to prevent some people from looking at me(and other law-abiding, decent Black people) with suspicion? I can't stop someone from committing a crime unless I actually live in the thick of the crime, and it would be to my detriment to live in a neighborhood with a high crime rate(regardless of racial demographics).

At the end of day, I have to ask "what helps me"? What serves me?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Obama's war is on rich white people . Obama heard it all from the pulpit of Reverend Wright who contantly beat the drum of rich whites, white privilege, po blacks and division and created resentment.. Obama's spread the wealth around is the division of class, and also race. Obama and his remarks that white CEO's don't care about the poor are quite telling .. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Yada, Yada Obama hates white people yaky *** same crap different hole. You listen to a part of of Rev Wright's speech edited by faux and you loose your collective minds. Are you going to bring up the fact that Mitt was religous leader that supported the fact that blacks were "evil" at least until the 1970s. How about Pat Roberson condoning hit squads to take out a democratically elected leader in another country? Why is it whenever someone mentions race from a perspective different from your own they are refered to as "victims"? Why is it whenever black people stand up for themselves against an obvious miscarriage of justice, they are accused of playing the "race card"? Why can't poor whites understand that there is an increasing wealth disparity and not because that is was actually earned, but because of massive tax breaks that were giving to the wealthy for such a long period of time that affects them as well? I guess that you actually believe that CEO regardless of race really care about your broke azz? Lets ask one of the hundreds of bankers that charge you unnecessary fees on your money so that they can have multi-million dollar golden parachutes when the get fired or quit because you did not pay your mortage and walked away from your home.......Out of the mouth of the ignorant stupidity reigns supreme.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,640,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerspicaciousE View Post
So I guess no white male here was offended by that commercial for Cheerios when the wife basically (and smuggly may I add) insinuated her husband was an idiot for not reading the Cheerios box or the commercial for Bourson Cheese where the white boyfriend gets snacks for his girlfriend's party and she snidly remarks "you got it right, THIS time".

The issue isn't about power shifts. It is about how the media mocks white men as stupid.

As a white woman I find this insulting. If I were a white man, I would find it über insulting
This happens not just in commercials but in TV shows and movies as well. Especially sitcoms where the smart strong wife married to the buffoon dad is very commonplace.

I don't understand why mothers don't object to this. There is a strong idea in modern society that we need to provide good role models and encouragement for girls to grow up independent and educated. I don't get why mothers who love their sons somehow don't see that maybe all the emphasis on encouraging girls is giving their boys the short shrift. If girls get shirts that say "girl power" on on them and grow up confident, does it not occur to people that making a "boy power" shirt frowned upon as sexist maybe sends a bad message to impressionable children? Maybe all the tv shows and commercials with idiot dads that everyone is supposed to find so hilarious are negatively affecting the way boys see their own fathers and the type of fathers they themselves will grow up to be?

I mean if there's such a push to give young girls good role models, why would we expect that giving boys bad role models not have any effect?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 AM

36,948 posts, read 16,396,469 times
Quote:
As if the rich only consists of white people. No, Rev. Wright villified all whites not just the rich ones.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,962,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As if the rich only consists of white people. No, Rev. Wright villified all whites not just the rich ones.
Can you even provide a single example of Rev. Wright vilifying "all whites?"

Rev. Wright has preached against white supremacy, not white people or people of European descent. Unfortunately the belief in white supremacy was a pretty widely held belief by those of European descent.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM

36,948 posts, read 16,396,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Can you even provide a single example of Rev. Wright vilifying "all whites?"

Rev. Wright has preached against white supremacy, not white people or people of European descent. Unfortunately the belief in white supremacy was a pretty widely held belief by those of European descent.
The words he used to villify white people did not single out white supremists or just the racist kind. He generalized. I note you use the word "was" in regards to those of European descent as being white supremists. That's where it needs to remain as "was". That doesn't reflect the views of most white Americans today. Rev. Wright and many like him still want to villify the white race today when most are not white supremists. I guess living in the past pays off if you want to play the victim card all day though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies