Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM

437 posts, read 924,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And the first to shout loudly about their acts, thump their chests and commit the sin of Pride by having to advertise it and make a point of it in a chat room.....

Like many groups, I suspect, for every loud, judgmental, prideful person proclaiming their own righteousness, there are 2 or 3 others quietly helping the needy, admitting their own faults and loving unconditionally. You know, actually following the teachings of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
according to the public pleasure, the cops was suppose to kick the man just because. but he failed in his public perception of him. bad cop, now he will be pushing paper.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
If only the OP possessed even a tiny particle of the generosity of spirit and kindness of the Officer in question and even a crumb of his grace wouldn't this thread be a lot less depressing, or is it just me ?

Is anyone feeling quite as nauseated by the opportunistic, aggressive drivel spewed and the emotional intelligence of a petulant toddler, of a poster exhibiting such pathological animosity and sheer spite towards other human beings? The mind boggles.

The best and the worst of humanity in one neat little package and thread. I suppose the contrast is an enlightening one and shows us the excesses of a fevered imagination, bordering on paranoia...

The "what to look up to" and "what to despise" all under one roof. The good and the bad. Beauty and the Beast. Morality and lack of therein all encompassed in a few telling lines. How apt I suppose.

There is a certain poetry amidst the putrescence of the OP's disturbing rants. A self revealing post which can but make you realise the moral abyss some people revel in.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
I applaud this action from this officer. Karma will come back to him in a good way for doing this.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So by that "logic" the cop must be a liberal as well, correct?
Probably a member of the police officer's union to boot!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The picture was taken without the officer's knowledge. A tourist from another state took it several months ago.

The tourist decided to send the picture to the police department, which added it to their website. From there it took off.

The officer only told one person what he did...his mother.
And to add, the person who took the picture was on their way over to help the man, but the officer arrived first. Doubly inspiring.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And the first to shout loudly about their acts, thump their chests and commit the sin of Pride by having to advertise it and make a point of it in a chat room.....
Obviously you didn't read the post. And you have a conspicuous lack of understanding and knowledge of Christianity. Your response is the evidence.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The picture was taken without the officer's knowledge. A tourist from another state took it several months ago.

The tourist decided to send the picture to the police department, which added it to their website. From there it took off.

The officer only told one person what he did...his mother.
This scenario is irrelevant to my statements. Christians do this sort of thing all across the country and all across the world, daily, and most could care less who saw it or who acknowledges it. The point is that no "viral video" is needed, expected, or wanted, just as i'm sure this officer didn't want or need it, either.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr2005 View Post
Like many groups, I suspect, for every loud, judgmental, prideful person proclaiming their own righteousness, there are 2 or 3 others quietly helping the needy, admitting their own faults and loving unconditionally. You know, actually following the teachings of Christ.
Exactly. Someone as obviously "lost" as that poster wouldn't have a clue about what you're referring to.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I applaud this action from this officer. Karma will come back to him in a good way for doing this.
Not really...some people thinks that God for instance rewards people for their good deeds. That is not always the case. Some think that Christians only believe in God because they can cut a deal with God by being good and that gets them into heaven...God does not negotiate. The "karma" - you can be a fine person all of your life and never be rewarded- it is a cruel universe. When you love do not expect to be loved back- When you give do not expect to get...give love and expect nothing in return...It is like the sad state of romance...Young people who are in love are surprised to find that those they love do not love them...."I love them-of course they must love me"......

The conditions of love are that there are no conditions that include reward...God loves even the lowest of the low and is never thanked. This cop was showing a thing called GRACE...."THE UNDESERVED MERCY OF GOD"

To be god like you must grant love to those you do not even like- to those that do not deserve it. It is about the noble mind...Nobility translated meant generous. That you as a little g god generate power to all- that is love and that is respect...This cop sounds like a wise person. He showed grace- Thank God..that the NYPD has such people...fortunate New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies