U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:27 AM

29,545 posts, read 16,299,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And then you'll whine that people who can't afford kids shouldn't have them, they should use birth control, not be on welfare.... but you'll get upset when government takes the approach of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..."

Are you jokers EVER happy? Or does being contrarian cranks MAKE you happy, so you're stuck in some sort of sad negative-positive feedback loop paradox?
Pay extra on your taxes this year to help fund it and stop trying to steal other peoples money for your pet projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 AM

24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I dunno. It is in the Dem plan ?

You're playing D vs R here.
I can't decide what compromise I would support between two plans, if there is only one plan. Republicans lambasted democrats for no budget, so, its their turn. Put a plan on the table. If they think the presidents offer is so awful, walk in with a carbon copy of the ryan plan. But at least we have a starting point.

Right now, the republican house is asking the president to take all the political pain, start with a compromise position so they get more of what they want, and get their way. The president is saying they will blink and either offer a counter offer, or do nothing and look responsible for raising taxes on the middle class to save the tax cuts of a wealthy few.

Look, I want to go over the cliff. 400 billion in Medicare cuts and 800 billion from defense sounds good to me.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,100,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Ah..yes...your tax dollars being spent wisely...Gee..I do not understand why anyone you would complain about paying more taxes...

Feds: $100,000 to teach teen girls 'condom negotiation' | WashingtonExaminer.com
Good, that is money well spent. More sex education equals safer young people, less disease, and less unwanted pregnancy.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,250,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I can't decide what compromise I would support between two plans, if there is only one plan. Republicans lambasted democrats for no budget, so, its their turn. Put a plan on the table. If they think the presidents offer is so awful, walk in with a carbon copy of the ryan plan. But at least we have a starting point.

Right now, the republican house is asking the president to take all the political pain, start with a compromise position so they get more of what they want, and get their way. The president is saying they will blink and either offer a counter offer, or do nothing and look responsible for raising taxes on the middle class to save the tax cuts of a wealthy few.

Look, I want to go over the cliff. 400 billion in Medicare cuts and 800 billion from defense sounds good to me.
Well Geithner presented a proposal for the Dems.
Cuts would happen to entitlement programs..not grants for studies or foreign aid or any other USG program.

-Give Obama authority to raise the debt ceiling (bypass Congress)
-$50 billion stimulus spending
-$400 billion in taxes ($4 trillion over 10 years)
-$400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs
-put off all other cuts for 1 year

Obama's opening fiscal cliff bid seeks debt limit hike, stimulus | Reuters

Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 AM

24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Geithner presented a proposal for the Dems.
Cuts would happen to entitlement programs..not grants for studies or foreign aid or any other USG program.

-Give Obama authority to raise the debt ceiling (bypass Congress)
-$50 billion stimulus spending
-$400 billion in taxes ($4 trillion over 10 years)
-$400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs
-put off all other cuts for 1 year

Obama's opening fiscal cliff bid seeks debt limit hike, stimulus | Reuters

That's my point.

Now, what's the republican proposal? If you don't like 100000 for condom training, put that in their proposal.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,250,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Good, that is money well spent. More sex education equals safer young people, less disease, and less unwanted pregnancy.
It's not sex education. They are just going to study it and write research reports.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,295,425 times
The far right despises abortion, then rails against sex ed that may contribute to reducing unwanted pregnancy.

Outlawing abortion is like outlawing anything else- it will still happen only with less safe conditions.

Lets get to the root of our problems

Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM

691 posts, read 661,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What purposal have the republicans put forward? They haven't, so maybe when they do they can add a plan to cut this.?

The GOP House has passed a budget EVERY YEAR. Their cards have always been on the table. It is Barack whose fake "plans" can be summarized on a cocktail napkin.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,626,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pay extra on your taxes this year to help fund it and stop trying to steal other peoples money for your pet projects.

Fail: Taxes aren't theft.

If you don't want to pay taxes, you can remove yourself from the civilized world. It's not like your kind is known for contributing to the vibrancy and cultural richness of western civilization anyway, so it probably will be a net gain in the end.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 AM

2,032 posts, read 2,404,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Ah..yes...your tax dollars being spent wisely...Gee..I do not understand why anyone you would complain about paying more taxes...

Feds: $100,000 to teach teen girls 'condom negotiation' | WashingtonExaminer.com
Oh man, 20 years too late
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies