Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Considering that you people generally have never studied economics, you don't really have any clue how an economic system functions.
That's it, they get their ideas from political pundits who don't have a clue and work purely from theory, show them numbers that prove they're wrong and then they don't count because facts are "liberally biased".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It's a moral issue. You wouldn't understand.
Tell, me Mr. HistorianDude, do you use a Ladder?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How about we start from the fact that Republicans don't even seem to grasp supply & demand.

Why is it that economic activity generated by tax cuts & credits to $250k earners is significantly less than tax cuts & credits to <250k earners?

Why is it that corporate profits & income for the top 20% have jumped over the last decade, yet wages for the bottom 80% have stagnated & the economy struggles?
Oh, let's DO talk about supply and demand. When something is in demand and there is a shortage, it has greater value....labor, for instance. When there is a glut of something on the market, labor, for instance, the value depreciates. Suppose science learned a way to turn sand into gold....what would happen to the value of gold?

obama waved his magic wand and pronounced legal employment status upon 1 million plus ILLEGAL people....adding those into the workforce which is already overloaded. That's okay though, because the very people who support his decision are the ones who will be most harmed by this action. I say "you get the government that you deserve".

Cheaper labor means higher profit for employers.

There is nothing that a government can do that can change the rules. Nothing.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Simply put, it's because liberals take a Karl Marx view on the economy. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".

Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Tell, me Mr. HistorianDude, do you use a Ladder?
Not when the appropriate tool is a torque wrench.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1-Done.
2-Done, although with realization that competition exists in a cheaper market.
3-Growth in China and India disproves that. Countries that emphasize on social nature of the society and economy also disprove that.

Forget "intelligence". None of that requires more than a rudimentary knowledge of the surroundings. Could you, and your kind, accept that? Is that your idea of intelligence?
China is starting to lose steam. Even the commies realize that you cannot support an economy with government monies.

Competition is and always has been there. Not all hard work pays off. Nobody believes that. Oh....lefties believe that everyone should be protected from failure!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Simply put, it's because liberals take a Karl Marx view on the economy. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".
Simply put, such a claim is an unrefined straw man.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Yes, Democrats think we are in full recovery right now. The same Democrats who are mostly employed in Big Government, Big Union, Big Media, collect their fat paychecks and are guaranteed a job for life along with annual raises versus the business owners right now who are struggling to make ends meet and now are forced to deal with the crap that is ObamaCare.
Time out! Foul! Contradictory argument! The bench declares that it has been well established in these forums that Democrats do not work at all, and only get freebies from the Government.

Please revise your argument and continue!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Simply put, such a claim is an unrefined straw man.
Then you haven't been paying attention to the post on this topic and the fast food strike topic. The quote from Karl Marx is the basis if their argument for higher fast food wages and increasing taxes on the wealthy to help the poor.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Because 70% of the people in the country in which you are a citizen fundamentally disagree with what you are saying. 70% of people, in a center right country, like social security, they like medicare. They don't want to see people die without healthcare, they don't want to see people starve to death, and they don't want people to go without a roof over their head.

So, we have to pay for these things. The conservative mantle shouldn't be repeal, it should be pay.

And you get a lot of good from those people tax dollars, highways, electrical grids, safe food, safety from foreign invasion, etc.

So get off the "I provide" high horse. I pay taxes, and I pay for far more then I get individually. But the life I enjoy is paid for, in part, by everyone.

And heres the thing, I'm not saying we can't cut some benefits, restrict them, make them far more unlikeable to be on for long periods of time. We can, and we should. But the biggest budget items, 90% of our budget is defense, medicare, and social security. People don't want medicare or social security cut or changed in a significant way. So you are left with three choices. A) Change peoples minds, which no one has been able to do for the last 70 years, and I doubt you have a different argument now. B) Continue to ***** and whine about something you can't change and watch the country go down the tubes by not paying for these things, or C) Find another country.

The choice is yours.
I refute the 70% number.

Romney garnered 48% of the vote. Every single one of those 48% understand that the recipient class is getting larger, and placing higher demands on the providers.

Here is the only way out.....if you contribute or have contributed, you collect.

If you NEVER contributed, you don't.

Stop asking decent, hard working, responsible people like myself if I want people going hungry or going without health insurance.

Ask those who made a conscience decision NOT to contribute why they will go hungry, allow their children to go hungry and be without health insurance.

The choice is theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies