U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 11:52 PM

107 posts, read 99,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I had an exchange with a conservative gay black young guy ( talk about rare) on twitter today. Nice young man he began our exchange very snarky like the homosexuals on here. However I was very consistent about how his behavior is against God and that i would pray for him. I could tell he is conflicted and knows what he is doing is wrong and that he is speaking in the bluster of youth.

I truly empathize with him and others like him. While info believe individuals are born with some inate level of same sex attraction, I believe through prayer and fortitude one can change or at least live a wholesome life with a woman and build a family.

I hope the homosexuals on here will one day realize the error of their ways and humble themselves before God before it is too late. Us Christians are here to help you.
Here to "help" them or judge them?? Hummm

Very interesting I thought our loving God created ALL people. Hummm maybe you know a different God. The God I know and love created ALL people and calls us ALL his children. We are ALL covered with God's finger- prints.

Last edited by Niki H; 07-01-2013 at 12:13 AM..

Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 PM

"snarky like homosexuals" ??? Not sure what that comment means...

Last edited by Niki H; 07-01-2013 at 12:04 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 PM

4,167 posts, read 1,995,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Prove it.

Easy, Family, love and support, and self determination. No "God" helped me through my struggles. Including the 1 1/2 years I went through Physical Therapy due to a motorcycle accident. The recovery was due to the 4 doctors, and 4 trainers I worked with for 8 months.

You remind me of an associate of mind from college. I remember 15-16 years ago we were all out kicking it at one of our friend's house grilling out. I made a comment about "The bible does say don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing". Well to make a long story short, he too was like you and laughed at me and the other folks in Christ talking bad about us and how stupid of a line that was. Well he preached his first sermon two weeks ago. The same God as yesterday is the same God as today and the same God of tomorrow. He doesn't need me to fight his battles and prove anything to you. It is not my job. I walk by faith, not by sight. So keep on living and keep on doing you, but as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,018,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
Hummm some of these comments are very mean spirited. As long as no one is getting hurt or hurting others, who cares what or who someone is involved with????? So what if a man loves a man and a women loves a women??? How does this have anything to do with other people beyond the couple themselves??? It doesn't! Best to focus energy of anger on changing issues where people ARE in danger (for example the sex trade, kidnapping, perverts hurting kids- absolutely disturbing horrible things) and take your anger and energy off of two same sex adults in love and now (also in CA) getting married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
Here to "help" them or judge them?? Hummm

Very interesting I thought our loving God created ALL people. Hummm maybe you know a different God. The God I know and love created ALL people and calls us ALL his children. We are ALL covered with God's finger- prints.

I agree. Great points.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,700,939 times
I would also think we are within 100 years of the general acceptance of non-natural reproduction.

The capability to tailor the reproduction product exists at least intellectually. We know it can be done.

Of course it will initially be banned and all that. But in time it will prove useful and become accepted.

At that point the composition of the family becomes dealers choice.

And they will all look back and marvel at what puritans we were.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:10 PM

15,724 posts, read 9,576,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You remind me of an associate of mind from college. I remember 15-16 years ago we were all out kicking it at one of our friend's house grilling out. I made a comment about "The bible does say don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing". Well to make a long story short, he too was like you and laughed at me and the other folks in Christ talking bad about us and how stupid of a line that was. Well he preached his first sermon two weeks ago. The same God as yesterday is the same God as today and the same God of tomorrow. He doesn't need me to fight his battles and prove anything to you. It is not my job. I walk by faith, not by sight. So keep on living and keep on doing you, but as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.
You do realize countless people also serve the Lord and do not agree with all of your views right?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 PM

"Holier than though" mentalities are NOT Christian. God loves ALL people. He created ALL people. There is NOT one God who created straights and one God who created gays/lesbans. This HAS to stop! It IS critical to respect God, to love Him and to share His love, BUT it is not ok to use God as YOUR divingboard to run down and jump off of into the waters of homosexual hate creating a ripple effect that perpetuates anti- homosexual sediments. When you talk about God hating homosexuals you talk about someone's friend,mother,father, sister, brother...I am ABSOLUTELY positive somewhere in you very own family you have a long lost gay relative. One does not gather the "lost" by screaming Bible verses at someone who has different beliefs, but gathers them and "brings them home" like God did. Like the story of the Prodical Son in the Bible, heck maybe he was gay and they welcomed him with a feast NOT with stones. Don't throw stones. Open your arms, your heart and your mind just like Christ did every day.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 AM

2,677 posts, read 3,847,949 times
Quote:
God exist!!!! These people running around asking for proof should simply sit down and evaluate their life and how they got through struggles. I'm not one to sit up and quote scriptures but I compare scripture to what has happened to me and its nothing but God working.

I just pray that some of you you who do not believe make the transition to believing because being a believer in God is a beautiful thing.

As far as gay people, God teaches me to love people even with their faults. I live by a scripture, how can I point out the splinter in one mans eye when I have a plank in mine. Gay people are living in sin, but I am also a sinner so how can we persecute them?
Who cares about god? Why does your god keep getting dragged into this legal discussion? Why do you get to tell people how they should live their lives?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 AM

4,167 posts, read 1,995,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Who cares about god? Why does your god keep getting dragged into this legal discussion? Why do you get to tell people how they should live their lives?

Anyone who does not believe in Christ and confess Him with his/her mouth has chosen a death penalty. "the wages of sin is death." There will be a lot of heterosexuals that receive the death penalty.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 AM

17,298 posts, read 25,604,332 times
Quote:
Anyone who does not believe in Christ and confess Him with his/her mouth has chosen a death penalty. "the wages of sin is death." There will be a lot of heterosexuals that receive the death penalty.
So your God made all of creation because he's a huge narcissist and needs inferior beings to worship him, and then when his creatures doubt or refuse to take his existence on faith because he decided to "go incognito" approximately 2000 years+ ago, he will be angry and rageful and condemn people to eternal hell and punishment?

THAT'S the image your religion sells of a supposedly omnipotent, all powerful, no-beginning-and-no-end being? Really? You believe that?

Your God sounds awfully human. Why do you think he is subject to so many human vices and characteristics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies