Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Here we go again with the great progressive balancing act. The equal protection to citizens. Protect the citizens from what? Also: are you really protected even if there was an evil force in attack mode? Of course not...look how this Snowden character clearly revealed that none of the citizenry are protected- that you are all targets at the pleasure of some wack job wanna be elite. What government and what the courts want - is to stay in good stead with the citizens..to pander to their every whim...to pander to EVERYBODY they can. The government these days and their courtly friends have but one need - to stay in power for as long as they can...if this means passing a ruling where feces can be legally fed to children and poor people IF a special interest group demands it...Then we are ALL going to have to eat human waste. What ever you want - good or bad you are going to get no matter what the long term effect or out come..

Why is it that people imagine a court to be fine intelligent - wisdom filled individuals who are god like in their ways? The more these people rule on equality the more the scale tips in one direction. There is no equality..there is no democracy - there is no transparent government - there is absolutely no truth in this world what so ever- So you can continue living this illusion of freedom and equality - till you and your children wake up in chains. I have seen how Supreme courts operate...They may seem respectable but are all criminally minded.
I do not get the social conservative "thinking" that the issue of gay rights is somehow a zero-sum game.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I'm just curious about something. If homosexuals are less than 4% of the U.S. population, how can it be possible for so many people to have homosexual friends or associates?

I can honestly state that I don't know any homosexuals personally (as in, regular friends or even associates).
Really? How odd. I'm sure you know a few, but they're afraid to come out.
I have scads of gay friends, I work with gays, my doc is gay, my neighbour is gay and there are gays at every party and dinner.

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Well, perhaps if you are simply referring to social media, but I meant, people that one actually interacts with (in person) on a regular basis, not just on facebook or twitter.
Most people still know more than 25 other people. How many people at your office do you know for example?

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Also i'm not Anti Gay. I am all for happiness. THe real meaning of the word. Gay- to be full of joy, happy.
The English language is constantly evolving. Gay meaning homosexual is a recognized "real" use of the word and has been for 40+ years.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,296,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The ruling had nothing to do with who you can marry, and who can't marry, and everything to do with opening the federal money taps to people who live in gay marriage.
Interesting analysis from Politico: Gay marriage may shrink deficit.

Gay marriage may shrink deficit - David Nather - POLITICO.com

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Surprising how people wholly accept homosexuality as not having any measure of perversion within it.

Everybody is doing it must be the catch phrase of the day.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Surprising how people wholly accept homosexuality as not having any measure of perversion within it.

Everybody is doing it must be the catch phrase of the day.

So how long have you been in the closet?

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Because normal marriage adds to society, whereas gay marriage detracts.
stats to back up this asinine claim?

of course you don't

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times
Back to the Yes Yes Yes...

I know it doesn't makes as much difference since we live in Texas, but we were married in Iowa, and today I have a strong desire to celebrate by ordering the fancy parchment & calligraphy / suitable-for-framing copy of our Iowa Marriage Certificate.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
Interesting analysis from Politico: Gay marriage may shrink deficit.

Gay marriage may shrink deficit - David Nather - POLITICO.com
That's not Politico's analysis - it's the 2004 analysis of the CBO done at the behest of a Republican congressman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies