Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Disgusting ruling. Justice Kennedy is a vile man an agent of the devil.
Isnt it time you grow up and stop believing in fairy tales?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Question - how does this work now? You have a state where gay marriage is illegal. Gay couple, legally married in another state, moves there. According to opinion, states can continue to not recognize that gay marriage. Won't that complicate benefits though? A lot of benefits are based upon where you live.

Also, what about places which take Federal funding. Say a University doesn't offer a gay couple married insurance benefits. That University accept Federal funding but the state where it is located doesn't recognize gay marriage. Can the University not recognize it either for purposes of insurance?

I see this decision creating a myriad of problems and likely a ton more lawsuits.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes they do. the government subsidizes "churches" because they DO NOT pay any tax.
And neither do a large percentage of americans.. Better find another word because "subsidy" in regards to churches is asinine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
the public street in front or the church? Paid for by tax money from the government.
That doesnt make it a subsidy, and its paid for by the very same members who attend churches among other things.. Or do you think church goers are tax exempt?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
They'll force themselves onto others the way the lesbians did with the Vermont inn owned by a Catholic couple. In Canada preachers preaching against homosexuality risk criminal charges.
Yup with homosexual loving Kennedy on the bench this is the logical step, Boies has said as much.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Our taxes pay for many things, not just gay marriage benefits. It is general pot to support ALL citizens regardless of their personal views.
Not true. Marriage benefits are only for married people. Common sens.

Quote:
I do not think there is a single individual in this country that agree with every money decision made by the government. I don't think that will ever happen
There is a big difference between paying for something you disagree with, and paying for something which you consider immoral, like abortion and gay marriage.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Disgusting ruling. Justice Kennedy is a vile man an agent of the devil.
Hail Satan \m/

Quote:
Their spiritual world is ending. You are without God so it is difficult for you to comprehend. For sure with the loony logic of Kennedy next step is to force all states to force gay marriage.
What? they're going to force people to get gay married??

Wow...the loony is seeping out of the woodwork today.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Probably the most offensive thing I've seen posted in a long while. Are you that ignorant? I could say the same to you on how you most likely treat others with that attitude.
It's not ignorance, it's arrogance.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How is their spiritual world ending???
Because apparently their faith is so weak that it will be destroyed if so much as one person chooses not to agree and abide by their religious faith.

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Probably the most offensive thing I've seen posted in a long while. Are you that ignorant? I could say the same to you on how you most likely treat others with that attitude.
If you openly support issues that not only contradict His word but mock Him you are without God. If you want to be with God follow His word. If you're offended then change.

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
If we could take a brief moment to dispense with the insults. I'm actually wanting to know this information -

Question - how does this work now? You have a state where gay marriage is illegal. Gay couple, legally married in another state, moves there. According to opinion, states can continue to not recognize that gay marriage. Won't that complicate benefits though? A lot of benefits are based upon where you live.

Also, what about places which take Federal funding. Say a University doesn't offer a gay couple married insurance benefits. That University accept Federal funding but the state where it is located doesn't recognize gay marriage. Can the University not recognize it either for purposes of insurance?

I see this decision creating a myriad of problems and likely a ton more lawsuits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies