Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No, talking points. The reality of looking at my paycheck and seeing that the government is giving me money to save for retirement, that is a government program.

I say it again, there is a tax rate on income. You save money in a retirement account oftentimes with a company match and the governments says because you saved money in a retirement account we are going to lower you taxable income.

This is the Same thing as the government collecting taxes on your income throughout the year and then sending you a check because you saved money in a retirement account.

It is government spending. It is a government program. And that is objective reality.
You certainly put a different spin on things.

But yeah.

Ya see...the govt. actually gets more from us through our 401(k) then if we were just taxed on our incomes immediately.

Well, if the damn things grow.....and they SHOULD.

'Tis a govt. program nevertheless.

Do some folks here think that the 401(k) idea was dreamt up by State Farm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's NOT managed by the government!!!!!!! You people are on drugs!!!!
They are *******s, what else would one expect?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
YAZ

Quote:
wait, wait... Invented and overseen is not MANAGED! Also, soon will be manipulated by the government does not mean that it is currently being managed by the government. Who's on crack now?
Familiar with the SEC?

You're worried too much about semantics.

Who's on first?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You certainly put a different spin on things.

But yeah.

Ya see...the govt. actually gets more from us through our 401(k) then if we were just taxed on our incomes immediately.

Well, if the damn things grow.....and they SHOULD.

'Tis a govt. program nevertheless.

Do some folks here think that the 401(k) idea was dreamt up by State Farm?
Again, the IRS may have created it, but they DO NOT manage it!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
LMAO, youtube is your source for this nonsense

So will they be taking your guns away as well?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Familiar with the SEC?

You're worried too much about semantics.

Who's on first?

They don't manage anything! You need a dictionary man...Seriously. Do you even know what the SEC does? With your logic, since the SEC is supposed to oversee many things on Wall Street, then that means the government is managing all those accounts on WS too?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
YAZ

Quote:
They don't manage anything! You need a dictionary man...Seriously. Do you even know what the SEC does? With your logic, since the SEC is supposed to oversee many things on Wall Street, then that means the government is managing all those accounts on WS too?
Who can change the rules?

Management.

Who made the rules?

Management.

The SEC manages EVERYTHING on Wall Street.

That's why it's so forked up.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
They are NOT giving you money! It is not THEIRS to give YOU! What is really happening is that YOU are NOT giving THEM more of YOUR money and it's perfectly legal and setup that way!
Not this fantasy again.

Here is basic reality. Iamme73 thinks the federal government can collect taxes from me. This means that I agree that I owe the federal government.

When you agree that you owe someone what that means is portion of what was yours now BELONGS to them.

If that person or business or government that you agree that you owe, says well if you do x, y, z, then you owe me less, by definition that person or business or government is spending money because the money that you legally agree that you owe them they are taking less.

Now if you don't think the government has a right to tax then I guess you can go with the fiction that this is your money.

But if you are sane and you agree that the government has the right to collect taxes from you, then you are agreeing that you owe the government. And again agreeing that you owe someone is saying that a portion of what was yours BELONGS to them.

So no, the taxes the government collects is their money or else I wouldn't give it. I agree its their money because I agree that I owe taxes.

So does every other American that recognizes that the federal government has a right to tax them.

Please deal with reality.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:07 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Again, the IRS may have created it, but they DO NOT manage it!

Kinda like your new health care plan, eh?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Not this fantasy again.

Here is basic reality. Iamme73 thinks the federal government can collect taxes from me. This means that I agree that I owe the federal government.

When you agree that you owe someone what that means is portion of what was yours now BELONGS to them.

If that person or business or government that you agree that you owe, says well if you do x, y, z, then you owe me less, by definition that person or business or government is spending money because the money that you legally agree that you owe them they are taking less.

Now if you don't think the government has a right to tax then I guess you can go with the fiction that this is your money.

But if you are sane and you agree that the government has the right to collect taxes from you, then you are agreeing that you owe the government. And again agreeing that you owe someone is saying that a portion of what was yours BELONGS to them.

So no, the taxes the government collects is their money or else I wouldn't give it. I agree its their money because I agree that I owe taxes.

So does every other American that recognizes that the federal government has a right to tax them.

Please deal with reality.
That's what YOU believe, stoop forcing YOUR beliefs on others. If you truly believe that, then put your money where your mouth is a pay up sucka!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies