U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,680,132 times
Reputation: 863

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Of course Obama flew in... smiled... and flew out. Think about Obama sitting in his home in Hawaii while these people are left out in the cold.

Obama got what he wanted and now they are screwed. And the racist democrats think they are so special that it will be different for them.
Just know that there were a LOT of Long Islanders and folks in Queens and Staten Island who did NOT vote for Obama, myself among them. In fact, in my town, 65.3% went for Romney. Did I mention I'm white?

 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,560,873 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
60 days without anything happening for some folks, is "overnight"? We're being told it will take a MINIMUM of 9 months before the main road into my village is repaired. (It is a County road). If the government is telling us a minimum of 9 months, you can bet your Obama dollar it will be at least 2-3 years before it's done. If ever. But, as I said before, it's all white folks around here. We should be able to re-build our own seawalls and county roads by ourselves, right?

Spare us the photo ops and CUT THE RED TAPE LIKE YOU PROMISED Obama! The National Flood Insurance program doesn't have enough money to pay out all of the claims! Homeowners in flood prone areas PAID their premiums every year, but now .gov, which never should have gotten into the insurance business in the first place, can't fulfill its policies.

But hey, Obama's dog handler gets paid over $100,000 a year. That makes things all better for families who have nowhere to live as Christmas approaches.
Why not call your Congressman, they are worried about this made up fiscal cliff when they should be worried about issues that are actually effecting Americans.

As for Obama's dog handler salary, that is irrelevant to this topic.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,560,873 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Just know that there were a LOT of Long Islanders and folks in Queens and Staten Island who did NOT vote for Obama, myself among them. In fact, in my town, 65.3% went for Romney. Did I mention I'm white?
Ah yes, love the play on Kanye West.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, Calif.
2,435 posts, read 2,848,135 times
Reputation: 2581
Or is this just yet another rally to instigate hate while rubbing sore loser wounds?
 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,560,873 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Or is this just yet another rally to instigate hate while rubbing sore loser wounds?
Basically yes.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
 
Location: LawnGuyLind, NY / Sarasota, FL
1,613 posts, read 2,489,749 times
Reputation: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I do. And I'm on the north shore of LI which wasn't as badly hit as the south shore and those folks in Staten Island. Obama is a lying POS and flew in and flew out for his photo op.

It is now 60 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

But then again, we're mostly white people. Why should a black President care about us?

What storm are you talking about? Sandy hit Oct 29. That's 32 days ago. Where's the 60 come from? And then you again used that number in a later post.

As for FEMA, in my part of the North Shore of LI (A very republican area if you want to throw politics into this, which we shouldn't), where people in many areas were without power for weeks, FEMA was very active. Also, we have relatives in Long Beach who have already received checks from FEMA to repair their homes & replace their cars. I recently spoke to someone from the Jersey Shore who was SHOCKED at FEMA's prompt response. THey came to her house just a few days after the storm, and her check was issued within days, hand-delivered. Can you imagine any other government agency, or even private company, issuing checks so quickly?

FEMA's response to this horrible situation has been generally very good, but unfortunately, they cannot be everywhere at the same time.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Barrington
45,937 posts, read 34,111,086 times
Reputation: 15352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
But hey, Obama's dog handler gets paid over $100,000 a year. That makes things all better for families who have nowhere to live as Christmas approaches.
The handler has a substanital client base. Was it your intent to imply Obama is paying the handler $100K?
Regardless, what does this have to do with the topic of this thread....ooops my bad...
The topic is bad Obama...the rest is just noise.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,560,873 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
What storm are you talking about? Sandy hit Oct 29. That's 32 days ago. Where's the 60 come from? And then you again used that number in a later post.

As for FEMA, in my part of the North Shore of LI (A very republican area if you want to throw politics into this, which we shouldn't), where people in many areas were without power for weeks, FEMA was very active. Also, we have relatives in Long Beach who have already received checks from FEMA to repair their homes & replace their cars. I recently spoke to someone from the Jersey Shore who was SHOCKED at FEMA's prompt response. THey came to her house just a few days after the storm, and her check was issued within days, hand-delivered. Can you imagine any other government agency, or even private company, issuing checks so quickly?

FEMA's response to this horrible situation has been generally very good, but unfortunately, they cannot be everywhere at the same time.
Yeah ObserverNY likes to exaggerate these things, I have been really impressed with how fast FEMA has been working and I feel bad for those still dealing with no power and lack of information. I hear the biggest issue is not having enough places for people to rent with their FEMA money and hotels are too far from where they need to be.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Barrington
45,937 posts, read 34,111,086 times
Reputation: 15352
From the Fox article:

"These people are frustrated," she added. "Lives were lost. My house ... I can rebuild my house. My neighbor is dead.

There is nothing any government can do to bring back the dead.

No matter how much money gets allocated, it will not be enough.
No matter how little, many will say it's too much.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Barrington
45,937 posts, read 34,111,086 times
Reputation: 15352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Or is this just yet another rally to instigate hate while rubbing sore loser wounds?
Fox time, all the time.

What would have become of the Fox had Romney won?
Would they feature stories by real people talking about the afterglow of the election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top