U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
 
Location: LawnGuyLind, NY / Sarasota, FL
1,613 posts, read 2,490,280 times
Reputation: 1098

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
From the Fox article:

"These people are frustrated," she added. "Lives were lost. My house ... I can rebuild my house. My neighbor is dead.

There is nothing any government can do to bring back the dead.

No matter how much money gets allocated, it will not be enough.
No matter how little, many will say it's too much.
And thus is the state of the USA.

 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,680,638 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why not call your Congressman, they are worried about this made up fiscal cliff when they should be worried about issues that are actually effecting Americans.

As for Obama's dog handler salary, that is irrelevant to this topic.

Better yet, why don't we call our idiot State Senators UpChuck Schumer and Gigglybrand, two useless Statists, just like Andy we don't use any .gov e-mail I won't Cuomo in your mouth Governor?

It took idiot Cuomo an entire week to realize that, golly gee whiz, maybe making it ODD/EVEN for gas stations would alleviate the 7 hour wait for gas? These .gov morons don't HELP, they muckup everything they touch.

You know who the REAL helpers and heroes are? The power and tree companies who came in from out of state. Victims of Katrina came up to volunteer to help clean-up what is now TOXIC debris. Remember all of the health problems from 9/11? They were real, you know. Well now the mold and raw sewage and leaked oil are a SEVERE health hazard. It is worse than a 3rd world country in some areas. Where is the National Guard?
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,567,055 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Better yet, why don't we call our idiot State Senators UpChuck Schumer and Gigglybrand, two useless Statists, just like Andy we don't use any .gov e-mail I won't Cuomo in your mouth Governor?

It took idiot Cuomo an entire week to realize that, golly gee whiz, maybe making it ODD/EVEN for gas stations would alleviate the 7 hour wait for gas? These .gov morons don't HELP, they muckup everything they touch.

You know who the REAL helpers and heroes are? The power and tree companies who came in from out of state. Victims of Katrina came up to volunteer to help clean-up what is now TOXIC debris. Remember all of the health problems from 9/11? They were real, you know. Well now the mold and raw sewage and leaked oil are a SEVERE health hazard. It is worse than a 3rd world country in some areas. Where is the National Guard?
Found them.
Defense.gov News Article: National Guard Aids in Hurricane Sandy Response
DVIDS - News - National Guard relieves suffering after Hurricane Sandy
DVIDS - News - Army Guard senior leaders impressed by Soldiers response to Hurricane Sandy, despite personal losses in the storm

Well that was easy, looks like the National Guard is hard at work while you are online whining about why no one is out there fixing your road.

Did you honestly think everything would be back to normal in less that 30 days? We both know your 60 day comment was an exaggeration.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,680,638 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
What storm are you talking about? Sandy hit Oct 29. That's 32 days ago. Where's the 60 come from? And then you again used that number in a later post.

As for FEMA, in my part of the North Shore of LI (A very republican area if you want to throw politics into this, which we shouldn't), where people in many areas were without power for weeks, FEMA was very active. Also, we have relatives in Long Beach who have already received checks from FEMA to repair their homes & replace their cars. I recently spoke to someone from the Jersey Shore who was SHOCKED at FEMA's prompt response. THey came to her house just a few days after the storm, and her check was issued within days, hand-delivered. Can you imagine any other government agency, or even private company, issuing checks so quickly?

FEMA's response to this horrible situation has been generally very good, but unfortunately, they cannot be everywhere at the same time.
You are correct, 32 days ago. It FEELS like 60 days. Mea Culpa. I have friends in Island Park who cannot report the same "miraculous" FEMA response you are reporting and it certainly appears that the folks in Staten Island are not happy with a FEMA settlement of $150.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,650 posts, read 17,690,952 times
Reputation: 15713
It's all Bush's fault!!!

/sarcasm
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,680,638 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Found them.
Defense.gov News Article: National Guard Aids in Hurricane Sandy Response
DVIDS - News - National Guard relieves suffering after Hurricane Sandy
DVIDS - News - Army Guard senior leaders impressed by Soldiers response to Hurricane Sandy, despite personal losses in the storm

Well that was easy, looks like the National Guard is hard at work while you are online whining about why no one is out there fixing your road.

Did you honestly think everything would be back to normal in less that 30 days? We both know your 60 day comment was an exaggeration.
I don't see ANY specific areas such as Long Island or Staten Island mentioned in those 3 links. NY NJ. And why the hell are they "staging" in N. Carolina and New Hampshire? Wouldn't PA make more sense, DUH?

And I already gave a mea culpa and went back and inserted in red my correction of 32 days. would you like my first born? He 29 and 6'4". He eats a lot.

And Obama will always suck.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,567,055 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
You are correct, 32 days ago. It FEELS like 60 days. Mea Culpa. I have friends in Island Park who cannot report the same "miraculous" FEMA response you are reporting and it certainly appears that the folks in Staten Island are not happy with a FEMA settlement of $150.
You should probably inform your friends in Island Park to go to this address so that they can meet with a FEMA representative for assistance.
Quote:
Island Park
Long Island Railroad Station Parking Lot, near Village Office
127 Long Beach Road
Island Park, NY
Monday Sunday, 9 a.m. 7 p.m.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,680,638 times
Reputation: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You should probably inform your friends in Island Park to go to this address so that they can meet with a FEMA representative for assistance.
Wow urbanlife78, you are just such a fountain of information! I bet you tell yourself that all the time, don't you? They are perfectly aware of where to fill out the FEMA forms. Thank you so much for your concern.
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,567,055 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Wow urbanlife78, you are just such a fountain of information! I bet you tell yourself that all the time, don't you? They are perfectly aware of where to fill out the FEMA forms. Thank you so much for your concern.
Actually you seemed to be very concerned for your friends and it sounded like you were saying FEMA was no where to be found, guess you are changing your story....is this like you 60 day claim you made that you felt you needed to even bold print it?
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Southern NC
1,921 posts, read 4,351,091 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I do. And I'm on the north shore of LI which wasn't as badly hit as the south shore and those folks in Staten Island. Obama is a lying POS and flew in and flew out for his photo op.

It is now 60 days 32 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

But then again, we're mostly white people. Why should a black President care about us?
Well seriously, anyone with common sense knows this sort of cleanup takes time....damage was so widespread, how quickly do you expect total cleanup to happen?
And that last comment is completely ignorant....or, are you saying Bush didn't care about the citizens of New Orleans because they were majority black? Is that how it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top